E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #61
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz.iknim View Post
Tom I received unit few days ago.
And It works Perfect.

Thanks you so much!!!!!!!
Thank you sir!
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #62
socaljetblackbmw

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330Ci 6spd
Tom,

I have a 2004 BMW 330Ci and I am looking for a way to integrate my iPhone 3G while still keeping everything as stock looking as possible. I would like to use a vent mount to hold my iPhone while I drive so I can see the GoogleMap w/ the Trapster application. Will I be able to control my iPhone playlist solely through the steering wheel controls and radio controls or will I have to exit the Trapster application to enter the iPod screen on iPhone to change playlists and songs? I know you don't like cradles due to the theft issue but I carry my iPhone with me during the day and am looking for a good vent cradle so if you or anyone else has a suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks!
socaljetblackbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #63
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaljetblackbmw View Post
Tom,

I have a 2004 BMW 330Ci and I am looking for a way to integrate my iPhone 3G while still keeping everything as stock looking as possible. I would like to use a vent mount to hold my iPhone while I drive so I can see the GoogleMap w/ the Trapster application. Will I be able to control my iPhone playlist solely through the steering wheel controls and radio controls or will I have to exit the Trapster application to enter the iPod screen on iPhone to change playlists and songs? I know you don't like cradles due to the theft issue but I carry my iPhone with me during the day and am looking for a good vent cradle so if you or anyone else has a suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Google Maps is not iPod-specific and will work on their own, only the iPod specific features are locked. I have no experience with Trapster.

If you should require a cradle, you can choose from various options on www.proclipusa.com.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 AM   #64
socaljetblackbmw

Thanks for the proclip link. I'll be ordering a mount and an adjustable cradle from them so my iPhone will fit with its case. To install your DICE SILVERLINE will I need anything else than what comes in the kit? I am going to mount the iPhone on the left center A/C vent and am wondering if there is enough cable so I can keep it coiled in the little box under the radio (the one with the door that swings open when you press it) and pull the cable out when I need it to connect up to the iPhone? Or if any of you guys have any ideas for a clean cable install since the iPhone will be in front of the vent. Thanks.

///waiting for an E46 M3 w/ HPF Stage 2 in the near future///
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #65
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Thanks for the proclip link. I'll be ordering a mount and an adjustable cradle from them so my iPhone will fit with its case. To install your DICE SILVERLINE will I need anything else than what comes in the kit? I am going to mount the iPhone on the left center A/C vent and am wondering if there is enough cable so I can keep it coiled in the little box under the radio (the one with the door that swings open when you press it) and pull the cable out when I need it to connect up to the iPhone? Or if any of you guys have any ideas for a clean cable install since the iPhone will be in front of the vent. Thanks.
The DICE comes with a harness, DICE module and docking cable.

To recommend a kit, are you equipped with Business CD or Navigation?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #66
socaljetblackbmw

I have the business CD. Just saw the March special on the free installer tools which will be perfect for my spring break installation

///waiting for an E46 M3 w/ HPF Stage 2 in the near future///
Old 03-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #67
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
I have the business CD. Just saw the March special on the free installer tools which will be perfect for my spring break installation
Perfect - we have plenty of kits in stock, order when ready.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #68
bullfrogs_M3

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
I would love to be able to use one but for some reason on my last Dice unit that I used with my XM Direct and my Blitzsafe it just didn't work. I was never able to switch over to the XM or the iPod. Only one would work for a while or neither would work at all. Has anyone else had this issue? I am getting tired of having to pay for XM radio
Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #69
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoRockz View Post
I have a question. I just bought my 2005 BMW 330ci and I was thinking about putting this in my car but someone told me installing an AUX port would be better. Is that true? Also I don't really want to do anything drastic to my car and adding an AUX sounds a lot more drastic than this. What should I do?
Get the DICE. I had it then went to the BMW AUX port.. and now i'm putting it back in. the AUX port is such a pain because A: it doesn't charge, B: you can't change songs from the wheel and C: the aux wire, you have to string out and its just annoying.
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #70
Bjorn8781

My Ride: BMW 320Cd 2005
Is it possible not to eliminate the cd changer when installing an Ipod integration system? Please help
Bjorn8781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #71
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn8781 View Post
Is it possible not to eliminate the cd changer when installing an Ipod integration system? Please help
Since the DICE emulates the factory CD Changer, the changer has to be removed.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #72
Hark

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Does the new USB charging cable for the iPhone 3G mean that you won't get the message when you plug it in for turning on Airplane mode? Is that message gone with the new cable?
Hark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #73
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hark View Post
Does the new USB charging cable for the iPhone 3G mean that you won't get the message when you plug it in for turning on Airplane mode? Is that message gone with the new cable?
The error message is only temporary and goes away on its own after +7 seconds. I wouldn't worry about it as it has no effect on operation.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #74
AZWPG

My Ride: 01 330 CI
Hey Tom, got a question for you. Sorry if this has been asked already. I tried to search for it, and might have missed it.

Does the DICE unit only playback using songs in albums/playlists from the Iphones IPOD feature? Or would it also ouput the sound if you played a VIDEO?
Good for Passangers to watch TV Shows or Movies on the Iphone with quality sound in the car on long trips.

I guess using a aux cable from the iphone to the dice module would play for the videos sound, but I'm wondering if it works without that

Thanks.
AZWPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #75
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZWPG View Post
Hey Tom, got a question for you. Sorry if this has been asked already. I tried to search for it, and might have missed it.

Does the DICE unit only playback using songs in albums/playlists from the Iphones IPOD feature? Or would it also ouput the sound if you played a VIDEO?
Good for Passangers to watch TV Shows or Movies on the Iphone with quality sound in the car on long trips.

I guess using a aux cable from the iphone to the dice module would play for the videos sound, but I'm wondering if it works without that

Thanks.
It will as long as the video is in a Playlist.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #76
AZWPG

My Ride: 01 330 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
It will as long as the video is in a Playlist.
Awesome. Thanks! Ordering now
AZWPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #77
HYPA06

My Ride: 330i
I have an 01 330i and am looking at integrating my iPhone 3g. Do I need to upgrade to a newer version head unit is my main question?
HYPA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #78
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPA06 View Post
I have an 01 330i and am looking at integrating my iPhone 3g. Do I need to upgrade to a newer version head unit is my main question?
There's no reason to change your stock HU, DICE is already compatible.

Here's your choice of kits:

DICE - SILVERLINE PRO iPod Integration Kit for 3 Series/M3 99-06 (Radio Interface)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1620

DICE - SILVERLINE PRO iPod Integration Kit for 3 Series/M3 99-06 (Trunk Interface)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1621

Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #79
HYPA06

My Ride: 330i
Thank you! Order placed!
HYPA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #80
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The audio will mute while a call is in progress, the phone call will be made through the phone (or iPhone) itself. When the call is completed - the audio will return to normal.
Is it possible to get the call to go through the DICE onto the speakers so you can get a hands free thing goin on?

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote