E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #61
itsablurr

My Ride: '01 M Roadster
MORE!!

Lets hear some chicken, fish, and pasta favorites, JJR4884.

Well done! I'll be picking up some steaks this weekend to give it a shot. I <3 cooking as well, and always eager to learn new tricks and dishes from someone with more experience.

Last edited by itsablurr; 11-20-2008 at 09:15 AM.
itsablurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #62
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
Oh.....D4MN.......YOU........ that looks so good nice job once again
Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #63
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
God how I love your DIYs!! Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for posting these recipe threads sir!! As a 38 year old man who is JUST learning how to cook, I cannot emphasize ENOUGH how useful your threads are! Siskel and eBart give you 2 THUMBS UP!!

Just did my first decent dish last weekend, and although I messed up the ingredient ratio a bit, it still turned out good. It was chicken breasts, stuffed with goat cheese, slightly browned pine nuts, oregano, lemon zest, a bit of maple syrup, then wrapped in proscuito (sp?) ham. You would do an INCREDIBLE job of it I'm sure. If your interested, I'll post the recipe. Tastes SOOO good!

Nicolette: POST THAT THING WOMAN!! The brocoli garlic recipe!

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #64
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsablurr View Post
MORE!!
Lets hear some chicken, fish, and pasta favorites, JJR4884.

Well done! I'll be picking up some steaks this weekend to give it a shot. I <3 cooking as well, and always eager to learn new tricks and dishes from someone with more experience.
Thanks buddy..... appreciate it. I'm not too crazy on chicken so the only recipe i have on that is one of the following

Chicken Francaise

or my favorite

toasted macadamia nut encrusted chicken filet, stuffed with boursin cheese and topped with a rasberry glaze (secret recipe, but since i love you guys, i think this dish will be next)

as for pasta, i can make a really nice gravy (i'm italian, red sauce with meatballs, sausage, pepperoni, pork, and braciole is called a "gravy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
Oh.....D4MN.......YOU........ that looks so good nice job once again
thanks buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
God how I love your DIYs!! Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for posting these recipe threads sir!! As a 38 year old man who is JUST learning how to cook, I cannot emphasize ENOUGH how useful your threads are! Siskel and eBart give you 2 THUMBS UP!!

Just did my first decent dish last weekend, and although I messed up the ingredient ratio a bit, it still turned out good. It was chicken breasts, stuffed with goat cheese, slightly browned pine nuts, oregano, lemon zest, a bit of maple syrup, then wrapped in proscuito (sp?) ham. You would do an INCREDIBLE job of it I'm sure. If your interested, I'll post the recipe. Tastes SOOO good!

Nicolette: POST THAT THING WOMAN!! The brocoli garlic recipe!

Bart
Bart that chicken dish sounds incredible, especially with the prosciutto

Thanks for the kind words, I can guarantee this is just the beginning

Look at the chicken macadamia i just posted in this post..... you will go MENTAL when you have that......

glad everyone is enjoying it, you have no idea how happy i am that everyone loves these threads.....
Old 11-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #65
that_one_guy

My Ride: 3er Schaltgetriebe
Great thread, looks delicious but why do you use a baking sheet? Why not pan roast?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #66
MysticDroptop

My Ride: W211 E55 AMG
omg

03' E46 330i Topaz Blue/Black- Retired
03.5' E46 M3 Cabriolet Mystic Blue/Gray- Retired
06' W211 MB E55 AMG Bright Silver Metallic/Black- Current

Need top notch work done to your car?
Martino Auto Concepts
MysticDroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #67
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_one_guy View Post
Great thread, looks delicious but why do you use a baking sheet? Why not pan roast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDroptop View Post
omg
Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #68
Double Vanos
Loves cookies

My Ride: 2013 VW GTi
Send a message via AIM to Double Vanos
Not write up, can't wait to try it out!

2011 135i 6 speed (Gone and missed)
Double Vanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #69
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
i am officially starving.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #70
Bartacus

JJR4884: I don't have pics, but add this one to your recipe arsenal:

Prosciuto Wrapped Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat Cheese

2 x chicken breasts (try to choose big plump ones)
˝ cup fresh goat cheese crumbled
˝ cup toasted pine nuts
˝ tbsp fresh oregano leaves loosely chopped
˝ tbsp lemon zest
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Cracked black pepper to taste
6 to 8 slices Prosciuto ham
Olive oil for brushing

Directions:

1) Using a skillet, toast the pine nuts in a bit of melted butter (heat the pan to "medium +" with a bit of olive oil first so you don't burn the butter).

2) Once the butter is melted toss in the pine nuts - stir to ensure even coating. Let sit for about 30 seconds (depending on the level of
heat) then stir again checking every 30 seconds. It's not necessary to toast both sides of the pine nuts... we're not making a piano here....

3) In a medium bowl, mix together goat cheese, pine nuts, oregano, lemon zest, maple syrup and pepper until well combined, set aside when ready.

4) To prepare chicken, make a horizontal cut in chicken breast to create a pocket the length of the breast - careful not to go to deep. Be careful not to cut through the other side of the meat.

5) Stuff each chicken pocket with the mixture.

6) Sprinkle the outside of chicken with pepper.

7) Wrap 2 pieces of Prosciuto around each chicken breast. You can use 3 depending on the size of the breasts. Make sure the bacon is secure and at least seals the pocket you filled.

8) Wrap each chicken breast tightly in plastic wrap. Store stuffed chicken in the refrigerator to set up for 20-30 minutes.

(insert a snack here with a glass of wine)

9) When you remove the chicken from the fridge, let sit for 15 minutes. (more snacks... more wine)

10) While the chicken come back to room temp, preheat oven for medium indirect heat 350°F (176°C).

11) Remove plastic wrap from chicken. Drizzle olive oil over each chicken breast. Place the chicken on the grill.

12) Cook for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. If the oven is too hot the cheese will all melt away before the chicken is cooked.

** Chicken is done when the juices run clear when poked with a fork - or sharp instrument.

13) Remove chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Do not tent the chicken with foil, or the Prosciuto crust will go soggy. Serve with a tasty vegetable... and more wine.

Sorry for the paint-by-numbers guide, but I insisted my friend write it up for me like this since I'm clueless in the kitchen. Guys, that recipe is SO simple, so even if you don't have any cooking skills (like me), you can do it and it's bloody AMAZING. Just don't cheap out on the chicken breasts and get high quality boneless/skinless ones. Your stomach will thank you.

Bart
Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #71
codestr

My Ride: Schwarz 330i
WTF are you doing using metal utensils on stainless steel cookware?
codestr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #72
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Vanos View Post
Not write up, can't wait to try it out!
wat
lol

thanks man, you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
i am officially starving.
i'm officially drunk

Quote:
JJR4884: I don't have pics, but add this one to your recipe arsenal:

Prosciuto Wrapped Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat Cheese

2 x chicken breasts (try to choose big plump ones)
˝ cup fresh goat cheese crumbled
˝ cup toasted pine nuts
˝ tbsp fresh oregano leaves loosely chopped
˝ tbsp lemon zest
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Cracked black pepper to taste
6 to 8 slices Prosciuto ham
Olive oil for brushing

Directions:

1) Using a skillet, toast the pine nuts in a bit of melted butter (heat the pan to "medium +" with a bit of olive oil first so you don't burn the butter).

2) Once the butter is melted toss in the pine nuts - stir to ensure even coating. Let sit for about 30 seconds (depending on the level of
heat) then stir again checking every 30 seconds. It's not necessary to toast both sides of the pine nuts... we're not making a piano here....

3) In a medium bowl, mix together goat cheese, pine nuts, oregano, lemon zest, maple syrup and pepper until well combined, set aside when ready.

4) To prepare chicken, make a horizontal cut in chicken breast to create a pocket the length of the breast - careful not to go to deep. Be careful not to cut through the other side of the meat.

5) Stuff each chicken pocket with the mixture.

6) Sprinkle the outside of chicken with pepper.

7) Wrap 2 pieces of Prosciuto around each chicken breast. You can use 3 depending on the size of the breasts. Make sure the bacon is secure and at least seals the pocket you filled.

8) Wrap each chicken breast tightly in plastic wrap. Store stuffed chicken in the refrigerator to set up for 20-30 minutes.

(insert a snack here with a glass of wine)

9) When you remove the chicken from the fridge, let sit for 15 minutes. (more snacks... more wine)

10) While the chicken come back to room temp, preheat oven for medium indirect heat 350°F (176°C).

11) Remove plastic wrap from chicken. Drizzle olive oil over each chicken breast. Place the chicken on the grill.

12) Cook for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. If the oven is too hot the cheese will all melt away before the chicken is cooked.

** Chicken is done when the juices run clear when poked with a fork - or sharp instrument.

13) Remove chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Do not tent the chicken with foil, or the Prosciuto crust will go soggy. Serve with a tasty vegetable... and more wine.

Sorry for the paint-by-numbers guide, but I insisted my friend write it up for me like this since I'm clueless in the kitchen. Guys, that recipe is SO simple, so even if you don't have any cooking skills (like me), you can do it and it's bloody AMAZING. Just don't cheap out on the chicken breasts and get high quality boneless/skinless ones. Your stomach will thank you.

Bart
dude............... i hate chicken, i really do
but........

sounds incredible

thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestr View Post
WTF are you doing using metal utensils on stainless steel cookware?
not mine

Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #73
Bartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
dude............... i hate chicken, i really do
but........

sounds incredible

thanks!!!
Happy to share man, considering how much sharing you've done lately! FOOD SUB-FORUM FTMFW!!! Pair some nice chicken breast with that recipe and it's INCREDIBLE man!! A bit beneath your awesome culinary skills, but its so damn JUICY!!

Bart
Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #74
JJR4884

Quote:
Happy to share man, considering how much sharing you've done lately! FOOD SUB-FORUM FTMFW!!! Pair some nice chicken breast with that recipe and it's INCREDIBLE man!! A bit beneath your awesome culinary skills, but its so damn JUICY!!

Bart
definitely not beneath my culinary skills..... i always try to make my dish as simple as possible

my expertise tho, definitely cooking a stead med rare, and also shellfish

i will definitely try your recipe out tho, on a good note, i don't eat enough chicken so i am going to need to try this out
Old 11-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #75
Bartacus

Quote:
definitely not beneath my culinary skills..... i always try to make my dish as simple as possible

my expertise tho, definitely cooking a stead med rare, and also shellfish

i will definitely try your recipe out tho, on a good note, i don't eat enough chicken so i am going to need to try this out
Can't wait to get your input on the dish!! If you go improv and change it up, I'd love to hear about it. I'm saving every one of your recipe threads! I BOW DOWN!!

Bart
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #76
JJR4884

Quote:
Can't wait to get your input on the dish!! If you go improv and change it up, I'd love to hear about it. I'm saving every one of your recipe threads! I BOW DOWN!!

Bart
hahah i always improv a little bit, but i don't veer off too much

i'm HONORED

like i said before........ all these compliments and what not just make me want to do more

Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #77
Anub!s

My Ride: e92M, e46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
I'd eat your meat.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #78
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotumDependeate View Post
I'd eat your meat.
do you know what it does to me every time you tell me that?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #79
Bartacus

Quote:
hahah i always improv a little bit, but i don't veer off too much

i'm HONORED

like i said before........ all these compliments and what not just make me want to do more

Then do more, you b!tch. Here's one I haven't tried yet, but I've eaten. Another massive hit:

Salmon Filets with Rice
Yield: 4
Ingredients:
Cooking spray (or olive oil with a bit of butter)
4 x 200 gram salmon filets (skin removed)
2 tsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning (or whatever seasoning you have that will go well with fish)
1 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp rosemary leaves
1 x medium size paper bag
Aluminum foil

Directions:

Firstly, you should prep the rice and make sure it's almost ready before you start the Salmon. I would say start the rice a good 15 minutes before you start cooking the fish.

1. Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray (or olive oil with a bit of butter).
2. Wash salmon with cold water, pat dry and season one side with the spices above.
3. Sauté, spice side down, over medium-high heat approximately 1 minute (you just want to brown the salmon like toast).
4. Season the uncooked side, turn and sauté other side - then remove the pan from heat just before the bottom is done.
5. Wet the outside of paper bag thoroughly under cold water.
6. Spray large piece of aluminum foil, shiny side up, with cooking spray.
7. Arrange salmon filets on foil. Turn edges to prevent leaking and pull the foil into the wet paper bag.
8. Curl the end of the bag tightly and place in oven for 20 minutes at 375F.

If you like salmon, this one will knock your socks off. I still can't believe you cook salmon in a paper bag, and I'm not sure what that adds exactly, but we used liquor store paper bags when my buddy made it, so that counts for something.

Bart
Old 11-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #80
miketang

My Ride: 07 BMW X-3
Send a message via AIM to miketang
k please put in an application to the food network, your recipes are better than some of the stars there! Guy Fiere ain't got sh!t on u son!
miketang is offline   Reply With Quote