E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Thumbs Up New Product! - HPF Turbo System Air Duct

As most of you with our E46 M3 turbo kits know, the factory duct at the top front of the engine is left venting incoming cool air the wrong direction. The HPF turbo kits locate the air filter on the passenger side of the car which receives some air from the other ducts but nothing from this top duct. Removing the factory air duct (which does nothing to help our turbo systems) leaves an eyesore with aluminum trim above the radiator showing. So the only options thus far are to leave the factory air duct alone sending air the wrong direction or removing it and leaving the eyesore.

We have now designed a new air duct and are producing a final rapid prototype for fitment testing. It is going to be created in 3 layers of carbon fiber which will be extremely durable and strong, and will direct air in the correct direction to the the air filter. This part is not designed to enclose the filter for a ram effect, but will however provide fresh cool air directed to the air filter and at high speeds. We expect to see a slight power increase (especially at speed) or during hot days and slower traffic conditions.

This carbon intake is quite complex and dimensionally large. It will bolt up to the existing mounting points and will have a black carbon fiber finish (although we can do color matching if need be). This part will be sold for $695.

If anyone is interested, please email david@horsepowerfreaks.com and he'll add you to our list. We're expecting to ship these in around 3 months time.

Take care,
Chris.

HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
nice work
Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
jade46

My Ride: 2003 M3,2006 Cat
more power lol
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
AMG ETR

My Ride: Ex HPF Owner
No plans for a black plastic version at all chris?? Was hoping to match the rest of the bay and keep it stealth..
Evan
AMG ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
gasser

My Ride: 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG ETR View Post
No plans for a black plastic version at all chris?? Was hoping to match the rest of the bay and keep it stealth..
Evan
Huge 2nd from me. Mine had the Carbonio intake setup in it and I didn't like the way it looked. Glad it is coming out for my stage 2.5 setup.
gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
sy0296

My Ride: '02 M3
do want more engine bling bling with performance!!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG ETR View Post
Evan
We're going for a look that will work nicely with the factory engine bay. I don't really want to go with plastic due to it's thicker construction but I also don't want a super flashy carbon fiber version that detracts from the look of the rest of the engine. We're using carbon fiber for it's high quality finish as well as thin wall design which allows us to maximize the volume and the overall fit and finish. I'll talk to our engineers about giving the carbon fiber a more factory appearance.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
///M3-QTR

My Ride: IR M3
Get them made in 11 weave !!!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:52 AM   #9
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Couldn't it be coated in a Rhino Lining type paint? Or something along those lines that is both durable and subdued...?

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote