E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #741
Gaz_jones

My Ride: 330Ci Clubsport
What time is it for you guys at the moment? It's 12:30pm here. Guessing where Prochain is it's pretty early.

Cheers for the instructions JJR. I'm going to try that myself.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #742
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
I think it's around 830am where he is. It's 8:30pm here.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #743
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
haha I didn't do any of those things lol.

Wet steak, no salt, and olive oil lol.

This is last nights meal. So good and easy. It's not on russo's level but it made me and my gf happy and it's pretty healthy aside from a little extra sodium

Take about 2 lbs of chicken and add 1 package of 40% less sodium taco seasoning to a zip lock bag and shake to coat the chicken. Toss in a pan with non stick coating and cook on 375 for about 25 minutes then add salsa to the top of the chicken and cook another 5 minutes. My new thermometer made it very easy to tell if it was done.

In a skillet add some olive oil, 1 small onion and cook for a few minutes until soft, then add a can of corn, can of black beans, a tomato, and an avocado and lime juice and just heat until it's warm.

Since this is the left overs from last night some of the avacado turned brown and i covered the chicken lol. Hopefully you get the idea. If you like mexican food you would probably love this.

Sorry for the crappy pic, I'm not sure why it's turned on its side.

don't give me that "not on russo level" bullshit... that recipe sounds awesome... ya i cook a mean steak, but its not "fancy" one bit... you are right there with me my friend, i'm gonna try that chicken dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
russo do you ever eat crappy looking food? ever?
lol hell ya, those are the pics you don't see
idk whenever i cook, i always try to fancy up a dish as I make it.. i never "think" about how i am going to present a dish, it sort of just comes together when I cook it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
That looks awesome!

Have you ever had a muffaletta sandwich? Replace the green salad inside your sandwich with copious amounts of olive tapenade, then let it sit in the fridge overnight with a heavy pyrex dish sitting on top . . . amazing.
Thanks bud... um, surprisingly no i haven't lol... i have had plenty of tapenade in sandwiches however never like that gotta try it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz_jones View Post
actually it is just their regular italian bread, definitely not ciabatta... i gutted the bread tho, so when i cut it in half i took a good chunk of the bread out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProchaineStation View Post
My grandparents would be proud.
haha thanks man, i'm sure they would... go show them that pic

Quote:
Cheers for the instructions JJR. I'm going to try that myself.
Anytime bud... go take a look at the threads i made in the food forum, keep you busy for a couple weeks lol

Just remember... keep the steaks room temp and dry, don't be shy with the salt, high heat, few tbsp of oil, sear the steaks... don't touch them until they release from the pan (stainless steel)... it will stick until the searing is done... flip, repeat process... add some oil if the oil starts turning brown, done... finish in the oven, let sit for at least 5 minutes... and enjoy... best results when you keep the steak elevated after searing... baking rack or roll up some aluminum foil and make a stand

very very very simple

Last edited by JJR4884; 02-23-2011 at 08:13 AM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #744
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
I'm making the chicken again tonight. Got some friends coming over so I figured what the hell. I'll take better pics this time.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #745
JJR4884

i actually wasn't able to see that pic..

photobucket maybe? and ya man i make things all the time for friends that i'm used to... nothing worse that cooking something unfamiliar and then fvck it up lol
Old 02-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #746
ZimZimma328Ci

My Ride: Mopar
Send a message via AIM to ZimZimma328Ci
I didn't see the pic either. Last night I made tangy ranch grilled chicken that was amazing! I actually got it off the back of the mustard container, haha.

The recipe

2/3 cups ranch
1/3 cups mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 chicken breasts

I added:
tablespoon of cayenne pepper
tablespoon of garlic powder
couple shakes of onion powder
couple shakes of mustard powder

Pour about 1/3 of the mixture over the chicken and let marinate in the fridge for a couple hours. Grill the chicken and in the last couple minutes started lathering with some of the leftover sauce(not the marinade).Finished with a Sam Adams Nobel Pils It is a damn good recipe to be so simple, and I have enough marinade to try it on some grilled chicken wings tonight
Old 02-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #747
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
i actually wasn't able to see that pic..

photobucket maybe? and ya man i make things all the time for friends that i'm used to... nothing worse that cooking something unfamiliar and then fvck it up lol
damn gmail links don't work.

I'll post some tomorrow or later tonight.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #748
Schrock

My Ride: Floaties
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
damn gmail links don't work.

I'll post some tomorrow or later tonight.
Are you using Picasa through Gmail? Those links they give you don't work but if you right click, copy URL and then paste with the [IMG][/ IMG] I noticed that worked.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #749
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock View Post
Are you using Picasa through Gmail? Those links they give you don't work but if you right click, copy URL and then paste with the [IMG][/ IMG] I noticed that worked.
that's what I do. I right click and just copy it and click the image icon like I do when i post pics from other sites.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #750
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimZimma328Ci View Post
I didn't see the pic either. Last night I made tangy ranch grilled chicken that was amazing! I actually got it off the back of the mustard container, haha.

The recipe

2/3 cups ranch
1/3 cups mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 chicken breasts

I added:
tablespoon of cayenne pepper
tablespoon of garlic powder
couple shakes of onion powder
couple shakes of mustard powder

Pour about 1/3 of the mixture over the chicken and let marinate in the fridge for a couple hours. Grill the chicken and in the last couple minutes started lathering with some of the leftover sauce(not the marinade).Finished with a Sam Adams Nobel Pils It is a damn good recipe to be so simple, and I have enough marinade to try it on some grilled chicken wings tonight
wow that sounds pretty good
i need to cook more chicken... lol my cholesteral must be weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 02-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #751
DylloS

This one was much better because I used hot and spicy taco mix
Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #752
JJR4884

oh fvck yes!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #753
DylloS

Quote:
oh fvck yes!
I took a bit off the end there before remembering that I owed you guys a pic.

This makes me not even care about bread crumbs anymore. This chicken is so good. I already had two other friends make it and I cooked it for 4 people last night. They all loved it.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #754
JJR4884

ya dude i'm def gonna have to try it...
Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #755
Jonshmoe

My Ride: (GONE)
Send a message via AIM to Jonshmoe Send a message via MSN to Jonshmoe Send a message via Skype™ to Jonshmoe
f@#k....i just finished eat too lol
Old 02-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #756
Gaz_jones

Quote:
actually it is just their regular italian bread, definitely not ciabatta... i gutted the bread tho, so when i cut it in half i took a good chunk of the bread out

Sorry mate, I was talking about this one

Quote:
Anytime bud... go take a look at the threads i made in the food forum, keep you busy for a couple weeks lol

Just remember... keep the steaks room temp and dry, don't be shy with the salt, high heat, few tbsp of oil, sear the steaks... don't touch them until they release from the pan (stainless steel)... it will stick until the searing is done... flip, repeat process... add some oil if the oil starts turning brown, done... finish in the oven, let sit for at least 5 minutes... and enjoy... best results when you keep the steak elevated after searing... baking rack or roll up some aluminum foil and make a stand

very very very simple
I think keeping them dry is my problem. I didn't know to do that. How early do you salt the steaks? Does it not start drying the steak out? Think I'm going to pick up some steak on the way home tonight and try your recipe
Old 02-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #757
DylloS

Quote:
Sorry mate, I was talking about this one

I think keeping them dry is my problem. I didn't know to do that. How early do you salt the steaks? Does it not start drying the steak out? Think I'm going to pick up some steak on the way home tonight and try your recipe
that looks good but it looks like it is so dry and the bread/steak ratio seems kind of high
Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #758
Gaz_jones

That had a fair size fillet steak in it. I think it's just the photo that makes it look a bit meager. There's also a fair bit of horseradish sauce under the salad to 'moisten' it up a bit. I used too much horseradish though and it gave too much of a kick.

I think next time I'll make more salsa to go on top though
Old 02-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #759
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec

Quick panini for lunch
Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #760
JSanders

My Ride: Breaks too often
I tried Russo's steak recipe last night. Wasn't bad, but I used waaayyyyyy too much salt lol.