E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
Alibs555

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328ci
CD button will not go into BT mode!

Good day,

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have plugged in an Anycar BlueTooth unit in the CD Changer port of my 2000 328ci Business CD Head Unit.

I know the BT unit has power and is on, because my phone sees it and pairs to it...so far so good. However, when I press the CD button on the HU, it just runs the "internal" CD...it will not go into CD Changer mode, therefore it will not connect to the BT unit.

How do I make the HU think that there is a CD Changer plugged in, so it will run the BT? Do I need to code or reprogram the HU?

BTW, this unit only has 1 port: it's for the CD Changer pre-wired (I do not have a CD Changer)...and there is no AUX port. The HU is a 65.12-6 900 605 unit...BM53 Blaupunkt.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

...on the beautiful North Shore of Vancouver, BC Canada
Alibs555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:57 AM   #2
Alibs555

Figured it out. The dip switch were set wrong on my Anycar Bluetooth unit... I must have changed it by accident when handling it. It works fine now...even with an old 2000 HU that only has a CD button and no AUX port.

I get Blutooth handsfee phoning, music streaming, AUX plug and USB plug. I control everything through my steering wheel to boot...!!

Extremely pleased.

Last edited by Alibs555; 03-28-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Where did you get this Bluetooth unit?
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
Alibs555

Hello Markus,

I bought it on eBay... I think the seller is SaxoBuy in Germany. The unit is called "AnyCar". I had installed one in my son's 2005 325i six months ago and I was impressed enough to get one for my 2000 328ci. It has limitations, but for what I use it, it's excellent.

Make sure you have roundpin plugs at the back of your HU. Unfortunately, the only way to find out to be 100% sure is to take it out and look at it.

There is a couple of videos of installation and reviews on YouTube if you search.

Here is screen grab of the eBay listing....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	27
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	652477   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	652478  

Old 03-29-2017, 06:54 AM   #5
markusmarkus

The head unit in your 328i doesn't have an auxiliary port at the back. The only way to add an interface such as bt is to use the CD changer cables in the trunk.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
Alibs555

Well... Markus, I would hate to contradict you but this BT unit works like a charm with my Business CD HU which only has a changer port and a CD button.

I have physically installed it as per the instructions...no mods needed. And I am using it for the last 2 days. The only problem I had during installation was I accidentally had knock one of the dip switch settings to the off position. It took me a while to figure out that is what had caused the problem. Once I did, I contacted SaxoBuy and they gave me the correct settings and that fixed it. My HU recognized it right away as soon as I pressed CD button.

I can stream, make phone calls, receive calls, plug in an AUX cable, or a USB to play or charge. I can even use my steering wheel controls.

The limitations are: no song display or incoming call display on the HU unit. Also if you use the USB, it needs to get the music organized in "6 CD Changer" fashion...such as 99 songs per CD. It's a little strange, but since I stream from my phone and I have the phone on a holder in my line of sight, I can work with it.

Overall, I am pleased.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:16 AM   #7
markusmarkus

No bigger. I learned something new today!
Old 04-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #8
illicitstylz

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Can you tell me if you experience any delay when changing songs forward and backward on usb/SD?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using E46Fanatics mobile app
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
Alibs555

If you're asking about the Anycar...no, there is no delay or lag.

- Alibs555 ...on the beautiful North Shore of Vancouver. (sent from my S7)

Old 04-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #10
Alibs555

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
Can you tell me if you experience any delay when changing songs forward and backward on usb/SD?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using E46Fanatics mobile app
By the way, really important to create 6 folders (CD1, CD2, etc...) on the USB stick / SD Card, then ONLY put in 99 songs on each CD folder. Also make sure there is no other folder.

Then on the HU, you can select what "CD" folder you are accessing. I've organized mine in six different genre...Rock, Classic, Driving tunes etc...so depending on what I feel I kinda have an idea which CD folder will give me what I want. Overall, I'm happy with it...I wish the HU would display the names, but hey, it's a 17 year old car.

I hope this helps.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #11
illicitstylz

Hey Alibs,

I believe I have the same vendor here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bluetooth-USB.../172303235251?

The back of my 2000 328ci business cd with Harmon Kardon, without Navigation looks like this

1) Did your HU look like mine?
2) Did your HU have 5 pins or 10 pins in the red circle?

Last edited by illicitstylz; 04-07-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #12
Alibs555

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
Hey Alibs,

I believe I have the same vendor here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bluetooth-USB.../172303235251?

The back of my 2000 328ci business cd with Harmon Kardon, without Navigation looks like this

1) Did your HU look like mine?
2) Did your HU have 5 pins or 10 pins in the red circle?
Hey Illicit,
Mine looks exactly like yours. I don't have Harman Kardon...but I don't think it matters. Yes, my HU has the same 5 pins.

And yes, that is the same BT unit and vendor.

Let me know if you want help with the install. I've done 2 already and I can walk you through it.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:39 AM   #13
illicitstylz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibs555 View Post
Hey Illicit,
Mine looks exactly like yours. I don't have Harman Kardon...but I don't think it matters. Yes, my HU has the same 5 pins.

And yes, that is the same BT unit and vendor.

Let me know if you want help with the install. I've done 2 already and I can walk you through it.
Hey Alibs,

Thanks for the quick response - I'm glad to hear your unit looks exactly the same. I just ordered the kit! I'll definitely let you know if I run into any problems. Thanks again.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:18 AM   #14
Alibs555

^ sweet! I think you'll be happy with it. I installed the main box in the sunglass compartment, and I ran the phone mic just to the right of the instrument cluster.