E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #21
S54PWR

My Ride: Lexus ES300/LX470
Thanks for the reply Chris. Seems like I worded that part unclear concerning the built motor. Aside from Pistons and Rods (in stage 2.5 and 3, and later 4), what else would need to be upgraded on the S54 to support 900rwhp+ levels? I've heard about the factory head flowing quite a bit and the dyno numbers don't lie.
S54PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #22
///M3Turk

My Ride: M6 ,X5, R6, M5, M3
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Turk Send a message via MSN to ///M3Turk

Firat
///M3Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #23
sbocaj55

My Ride: 330
Send a message via AIM to sbocaj55
It must be easy for you guys to go to work every day. sh!t.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:31 AM   #24
john36

My Ride: ZHP
Send a message via AIM to john36
Any word on the ZHP turbo kits?
john36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #25
KamPow3r

My Ride: ....
Quick question for M3s which run Stage II Kits. Does anybody have a Lightweight Flywheel installed? I was wondering since people say that have tractions issues at low speed if a lighter one would be worth to purchase to help with the traction or is it not worth to do it?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #26
S54PWR

My Ride: Lexus ES300/LX470
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
Quick question for M3s which run Stage II Kits. Does anybody have a Lightweight Flywheel installed? I was wondering since people say that have tractions issues at low speed if a lighter one would be worth to purchase to help with the traction or is it not worth to do it?

Thanks!

I believe those running the HPF Feramic Clutch that Chris recommends on his kits has to have the stock oem flywheel. Anything else and I believe it will fuse with the clutch disk.
S54PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #27
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post

Thanks!
Nope. The heavier flywheel helps getting out of the hole and makes shifting smoother. The lighter flywheel would also add about 20rwhp instantly off throttle which would make traction issues worse.

Here are some more pictures of Brian's M3...

HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #28
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by S54PWR View Post
I believe those running the HPF Feramic Clutch that Chris recommends on his kits has to have the stock oem flywheel. Anything else and I believe it will fuse with the clutch disk.
Actually... this is so I don't have to warranty our clutches. I went through 17 clutches on my Supra of all different varieties. The common denominator I finally figured out was the lightweight flywheel. They tend to warp at high temp and they also don't dissipate heat quickly enough. They work fine with an organic clutch material, but when you use a ceramic, feramic or bronze type material, the melting point can be achieved which will cause the disk to fuse to the lightweight flywheel.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #29
gasser

My Ride: 2003 M3
Chris, thanks for the pics keeping me updated. Now the car is REALLY torn apart. Lots of work going on there!!!!
gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #30
m3redbandit

My Ride: 03 IR M3
i'm next.....maybe
Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #31
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Love this thread....
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote