E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 01:48 AM   #21
m3redbandit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NorCali
Posts: 101
My Ride: 03 IR M3
love the ride bro... be safe
__________________
m3redbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #22
GJGM3
Gonz997
 
GJGM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,199
My Ride: Porsche 997
Ravi - what happened to your post on M3 Forum?
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #23
kaotek323i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 421
My Ride: red 1999 323i
dude.. i always wanted to paint the inside of my headlights like that.. thx for the inspiration
__________________
1999 BMW 323i... MR. CARBON FIBER
raceland coils, ACS Front Tower bar-Rotora Rear, 19's 8.5 front & 9.5 rear,
Carbon Fiber- kidney grill, shark fin, headlight eyebrows/inner trim, rear window wing, acs mirrors, b-pillars, front splitters, Oem hood, Csl trunk, gas lid, interior trim
VF stage1, v2 compressor w/ v1 internals, ebay headers
kaotek323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #24
phrozen06
Registered User
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W
Posts: 7,543
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
10/10
__________________


phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
RACEMX-M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGM3 View Post
Ravi - what happened to your post on M3 Forum?
Any post on the M3Forum that is perceived as free advertising for HPF or provides information that is not favorable to a paying sponsor gets locked or deleted.
__________________
RACEMX-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #26
GJGM3
Gonz997
 
GJGM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,199
My Ride: Porsche 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEMX-M3 View Post
Any post on the M3Forum that is perceived as free advertising for HPF or provides information that is not favorable to a paying sponsor gets locked or deleted.
Man, that SH!T is getting F'N OLD! Know which AS$HOLE did that? Deilinger (dildo) or whatever his name is?
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #27
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,684
My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEMX-M3 View Post
Any post on the M3Forum that is perceived as free advertising for HPF or provides information that is not favorable to a paying sponsor gets locked or deleted.
I asked them again last week to sponsor the forum. I've asked to sponsor the forums over 20 times in the past 3 years. I have open tickets in the sponsor section and I've PM'd moderators over there as well. I've also posted in the Members Notes/ Requests to Mods section.

I just don't get any response from anyone. That's fine that they don't respond to me or let me sponsor it, but I do think it's a bit unfair to delete Ravi's thread just because he mentions our company.

It really feels to me like some "paying" sponsors have a grip on that forum and don't want to let their competitors come over. They have very few sponsors. I've never been denied sponsoring a forum before because it's just free money that someone can have. The only reason I could see them not taking it is for political reasons. My understanding is that the mods have to "ALL" collectively agree before a sponsor is approved. Their previous reasons for not letting me sponsor the forum is because I posted over there when I wasn't a sponsor because they wouldn't let me sponsor it. Kind of a catch 22 wouldn't you say. Then another reason was because they thought we were lying about our published numbers and thought we were going to rip our customers off when they found out the product wasn't as advertised. Now with all the positive publicity we've received I just wish the last couple mods that are saying no would say "yes".

I do appreciate that they still let me post over there, however I have to make sure I "never" mention HPF, HorsepowerFreaks, or link to anything with HPF in it. I also am very careful not to talk about "HPF" products. Although so many people ask questions about HPF parts over there.

Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 12-19-2008 at 05:26 PM.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #28
GJGM3
Gonz997
 
GJGM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,199
My Ride: Porsche 997
That's been my primary forum for several years now and it's just plain stvpid. But as you said Chris, no doubt it's political so it's got to be AA or VF. I can't help but feel it's VF given Ravi (and several others I've read about) have had issues with theirs and he laid the truth out on their setup. They seem to be in numbers on M3F, although I know Drew's (great guy) setup has rocked.

That's really too bad - but your stuff just soars (sorry for the pun) by word of mouth!
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #29
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,684
My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGM3 View Post
That's been my primary forum for several years now and it's just plain stvpid. But as you said Chris, no doubt it's political so it's got to be AA or VF. I can't help but feel it's VF given Ravi (and several others I've read about) have had issues with theirs and he laid the truth out on their setup. They seem to be in numbers on M3F, although I know Drew's (great guy) setup has rocked.

That's really too bad - but your stuff just soars (sorry for the pun) by word of mouth!
My guess by the very limited number of sponsors is that if they opened it up to "all" interested parties they could add another $300 or so per sponsor per month. m3forum could easily have 10 more sponsors if they didn't reject many of them, and I could easily see them having 10-30 more sponsors. Even 10 more sponsors it would give the owner an additional $36,000 per year. I don't know anyone that couldn't use an additional $36,000 per year for doing nothing especially in this economy. I wouldn't let a mod get in between me and $36,000, no way! Even if a couple sponsors pull out because they now have competition and you lose a couple mods, there will be more than enough to replace them and then some.

Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 12-19-2008 at 05:46 PM.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #30
Mike Ngo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: charlotte nc
Posts: 285
My Ride: e46 m3
Send a message via AIM to Mike Ngo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
I asked them again last week to sponsor the forum. I've asked to sponsor the forums over 20 times in the past 3 years. I have open tickets in the sponsor section and I've PM'd moderators over there as well. I've also posted in the Members Notes/ Requests to Mods section.

I just don't get any response from anyone. That's fine that they don't respond to me or let me sponsor it, but I do think it's a bit unfair to delete Ravi's thread just because he mentions our company.

It really feels to me like some "paying" sponsors have a grip on that forum and don't want to let their competitors come over. They have very few sponsors. I've never been denied sponsoring a forum before because it's just free money that someone can have. The only reason I could see them not taking it is for political reasons. My understanding is that the mods have to "ALL" collectively agree before a sponsor is approved. Their previous reasons for not letting me sponsor the forum is because I posted over there when I wasn't a sponsor because they wouldn't let me sponsor it. Kind of a catch 22 wouldn't you say. Then another reason was because they thought we were lying about our published numbers and thought we were going to rip our customers off when they found out the product wasn't as advertised. Now with all the positive publicity we've received I just wish the last couple mods that are saying no would say "yes".

I do appreciate that they still let me post over there, however I have to make sure I "never" mention HPF, HorsepowerFreaks, or link to anything with HPF in it. I also am very careful not to talk about "HPF" products. Although so many people ask questions about HPF parts over there.

Chris.
thats so annoying. I have the same issues with VWVORTEX......
good work man hope i can buy a kit from yall soon for the shop car!
__________________
** Removed - Tim330i **
Mike Ngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #31
GJGM3
Gonz997
 
GJGM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,199
My Ride: Porsche 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
My guess by the very limited number of sponsors is that if they opened it up to "all" interested parties they could add another $300 or so per sponsor per month. m3forum could easily have 10 more sponsors if they didn't reject many of them, and I could easily see them having 10-30 more sponsors. Even 10 more sponsors it would give the owner an additional $36,000 per year. I don't know anyone that couldn't use an additional $36,000 per year for doing nothing especially in this economy. I wouldn't let a mod get in between me and $36,000, no way! Even if a couple sponsors pull out because they now have competition and you lose a couple mods, there will be more than enough to replace them and then some.

Chris.
Well, fortunately many of those who post there also post here and other forums where you're a sponsor - this much is true!
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #32
pastE36prsntE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Holiday, FL
Posts: 631
My Ride: HPF STG 3; 95 FI M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
My guess by the very limited number of sponsors is that if they opened it up to "all" interested parties they could add another $300 or so per sponsor per month. m3forum could easily have 10 more sponsors if they didn't reject many of them, and I could easily see them having 10-30 more sponsors. Even 10 more sponsors it would give the owner an additional $36,000 per year. I don't know anyone that couldn't use an additional $36,000 per year for doing nothing especially in this economy. I wouldn't let a mod get in between me and $36,000, no way! Even if a couple sponsors pull out because they now have competition and you lose a couple mods, there will be more than enough to replace them and then some.

Chris.
Yeah they could take that 36k and get a STAGE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP very nice numbers and by far the best vert I have seen!
pastE36prsntE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #33
ModBargains
Sponsor
 
ModBargains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brea, CA
Posts: 4,131
My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
Sick M3!
__________________

Elliot Goodman|Elliott@ModBargains.com|(714) 582-3330 ext. 8009
We Specialize In:
BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW Parts | BMW Exhaust Experts | BMW Tail Lights |
BMW Wheels | BMW Intake
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #34
SPDu4ea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,118
My Ride: .
Beautiful car Ravij! All the mods are very well done and tasteful imo...


thread hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
It really feels to me like some "paying" sponsors have a grip on that forum and don't want to let their competitors come over. They have very few sponsors.
I don't think that's a fair assessment Chris. To be fair, they denied your request for sponsorship initially because you didn't have a turbo kit yet (and they had plenty of experience with unknown-to-them vendors making promises they never delivered). Then you posted updates on the kit's development against their wishes and were banned. Then a previous employee of yours posted questions about the HPF kit pretending to be an interested buyer so the kit could get exposure...


Granted, that was what, 2 years ago? But I'm pretty sure that is the only reason they're denying you forum sponsorship.


That said, M3f did turn into a HPF-bashing place and anyone who defended hpf from Cleveland's KABOOM posts during that first year was banned (I was banned 3 times myself for being a "hpfChris multi-account" LOL).



Obviously I think its in the best interest of everyone if you sponsor M3f (or are at least allowed to answer questions), and as HPF's track record and reputation grows it becomes more likely. But I don't think glossing over the initial ban will help your case.


/hijack
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #35
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,684
My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDu4ea View Post
Beautiful car Ravij! All the mods are very well done and tasteful imo...


thread hijack



I don't think that's a fair assessment Chris. To be fair, they denied your request for sponsorship initially because you didn't have a turbo kit yet (and they had plenty of experience with unknown-to-them vendors making promises they never delivered). Then you posted updates on the kit's development against their wishes and were banned. Then a previous employee of yours posted questions about the HPF kit pretending to be an interested buyer so the kit could get exposure...


Granted, that was what, 2 years ago? But I'm pretty sure that is the only reason they're denying you forum sponsorship.


That said, M3f did turn into a HPF-bashing place and anyone who defended hpf from Cleveland's KABOOM posts during that first year was banned (I was banned 3 times myself for being a "hpfChris multi-account" LOL).



Obviously I think its in the best interest of everyone if you sponsor M3f (or are at least allowed to answer questions), and as HPF's track record and reputation grows it becomes more likely. But I don't think glossing over the initial ban will help your case.


/hijack
I understand that this was indeed some peoples impressions. However if you do go back, we did have a turbo kit. It just wasn't for sale yet. In October of 2006 we started reporting results which nobody believed. They had trouble with the fact that it produced a greater than 100% power increase for every atmosphere of pressure. In fact we made 515rwhp at 7psi (on race fuel) which nobody believed. It was at that point when I started getting attacked and I asked to sponsor the forum so I could respond to the accusations. I was denied at that point and every point thereafter.

And I do agree that my employees caused me lots of headaches posting on that forum. This is probably the ultimate reason why I am still unable to sponsor the forum. As you can tell from my posts, they are never hostile in nature. We were bashed on those forums so many times, several members of my staff couldn't handle it and they attacked back in a hostile nature. The IP's were traced and the mods thought it was me. None of those employees work for me anymore and everyone else on my staff is not allowed to post over there. For nearly a year, I banned the domain from my DNS server so nobody at work (including myself) could see the forum due to this, and to all the negativity towards us over there.

It is really a mute point now as you suggest because that was 2 years ago. I would just like to sponsor the forum. I've always taken the high road on the forums and never attack members, or other vendors. This is not always the approach I often read by others on these forums and they are still around. So, if they're looking for a "great" sponsor, I'd love the opportunity to apply.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #36
k7780446
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 1,923
My Ride: 323i
amazing!!
__________________
5492_121783803182_586518182_2342960_2124492_n
k7780446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #37
RACEMX-M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: M3
If the M3Forum chooses to decline requests from HPF to sponsor the forum (for whatever reason) I suppose that is their choice. Although as more and more M3 owners choose to install HPF turbo kits I think the M3Forum will come under increasing pressure to become more "HPF Friendly".

That aside the real issue I have with the M3Forum is that they present themselves as a public discussion forum, which offers M3 enthusiasts an open and honest venue to discuss their experiences and options for modding their cars. Unfortunately the info your read at the M3Forum is censored to the benefit of the forum and their sponsors and to the detriment of unsuspecting forum members, who believe they are reading the unfiltered experiences of other M3 enthusiasts.
__________________
RACEMX-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #38
GJGM3
Gonz997
 
GJGM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,199
My Ride: Porsche 997
Chris is right on with this. I was there (read every post from the onset on) and it was indeed very hostile and totally unfair, not necessarily because he couldn't sponsor (although that didn't seem fair either), but because of the things being said and his inability to defend himself. Sh!t, I received many PMs from certain individuals who swore this setup would not work. Cleveland was one, and he assured me another one was in development that would use the DME, not a piggyback - never materialized! Yet, as discussions went on about said setup, not a peep from M3F as something as not allowed. I am certain anyone else who was half-way seriously modding their car got the same BS. The point is the cards are stacked against Chris/HPF and I can only think that M3F is overly influenced by a certain F/I tuner. Perhaps I'm wrong, but this point seems more than plausible.

My regrets for starting this nonsense, but it bothered me as I saw Ravi's post there yesterday, congratulated him and subscribed, and checked it this morning and it was TOAST and I'm like WTF happened? Seems to me that VF may have gotten upset about the bad press given their setup didn't work out for Ravi with the multitude of issues according to him, and then to have his engine rebuilt. To the extent it was caused by VF I don't know, but I do know he had issues, they weren't resolved, Ravi got tired of that nonsense and instead got a WICKED no-issues setup.

By the way, there's another beautiful 'vert running around Minnesota that's stg. II, black, HUGE BBK, polished manifold, V-CSL, and totally SICK - belongs to Josh.
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #39
tankm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 531
My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGM3 View Post
Man, that SH!T is getting F'N OLD! Know which AS$HOLE did that? Deilinger (dildo) or whatever his name is?
LOL Que pasa Primo!
Those mods are all jagz over there. Bunch of f'in haters.
__________________
tankm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #40
LeontiyZHP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 818
Posts: 2,223
My Ride: '04 330Ci ZHP
So Nice!!!
__________________
Leo

2004 330Ci ZHP
Pioneer Avic D3, Xplod Amp w/ 10' Sub |
CCFL Angel Eyes, LED interior/license plate/CREE reverse lights
Car For Sale

DIY Facelift Angel Eyes | AVIC-D3 Install | flickr
LeontiyZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use