E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Home Improvement

Home Improvement
Home Improvement ideas, help, DIYs, and show room. Got a home improvement project you need help with or want to share. Post your project now!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #61
Dcha

My Ride: Mkodama's sister
Send a message via AIM to Dcha
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
We sell a lot of Earthquake subs, they are pretty great overall. You really should not need much sub for a stereo music set up though.

$1750 Retail for the 10"

600 Watts RMS built-in Class "D" amplifier (same amplifier for 10", 12" and 15" models)
Patented passive radiator technology
Available Sizes: 10", 12" and 15"
Available Finishes: Piano Black, Cherry Wood Veneer, Black Ash
Wood Veneer and the original Poly Grip Tough Shell Finish (check for availability on Tough Shell finished items).

Patented SLAPS (Symmetrically Loaded Audio Passive System)
Volume control
Remote control detection
Low level RCA inputs and outputs
High level inputs and outputs
ON/OFF switch w/ auto ON option
Phase flip switch
24dB variable crossover

What does your Onkyo not do?

I would consider buying a good sub before upgrading.

I would also consider buying a great STEREO reciever for $500-$1000.

I am assuming money matters.

A good preamp/power amp combo starts around $3000.

My 5 channel amp retails for $4500 and is considered one of the best VALUES on the market.

It adds up fast and you WILL get deminshing returns.
Yea, money does matter, but I do want to do separates. That's why I ask. I don't know what I am looking for.

I mean, I spent a nice wad of cash on these so I want to get the best I can out of them.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #62
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
Yea, money does matter, but I do want to do separates. That's why I ask. I don't know what I am looking for.

I mean, I spent a nice wad of cash on these so I want to get the best I can out of them.
There are a ton of options.

You need to set a price point that you want to stay within.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #63
Dcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
There are a ton of options.

You need to set a price point that you want to stay within.
I want to be able to hook these up to the plasma strictly for visualizer purposes. I want to play SACD and maybe vinyls depending on what price I'm looking at. I use my PS3 to play SACD at the moment. I want to only spend around 5k for power. If you think it's worth it to buy new source units, that number could change.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #64
Dcha

Quote:
I want to be able to hook these up to the plasma strictly for visualizer purposes. I want to play SACD and maybe vinyls depending on what price I'm looking at. I use my PS3 to play SACD at the moment. I want to only spend around 5k for power. If you think it's worth it to buy new source units, that number could change.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:34 AM   #65
Brandon_Ottawa
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Quote:
I don't think I could handle having to look at those things all the time. Super ugly.
You don't like the look of natural wood? You'd hate my stereo rack too then since it's walnut. To each his own I suppose.

Anyways, I'm driving the Mani-2 Sigs with a 15 watt single ended triode amp. It's a Cary CAD-300SEI and has proven to be a musical match made in heaven. On paper it's under powered, but in reality it works and works very well. I replaced the Cary's stock 300B tubes with Sophia Electric Mesh Plate 300Bs and the stock 6SN7's with NOS 1578 metal russians. I bought a matched pair of 1943 NOS Tung Sol 6S7NGT's, but prefer the 1578's.

Brandon_Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #66
dmoffitt

My Ride: 2002 325iT
For the price of 805s I'd buy Totem Model 1s but I hope you have GOOD amplification...

EDIT and you can snag a Krell KAV300i (integrated) for ~1200-1500. well under your budget with room for GOOD stands, wiring, interconnects, and some cash left for, you know, music
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #67
Dcha

Tried the 803D's today.

DO WANT.

Should I sell the bike? hmmmm