E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
boostd92

My Ride: 2003 O/B 330i ZHP
FS: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP, 6spd, Orient Blue, Black Cube, Alcantera, NEW EVERYTHING

CAR IS SOLD!

..okay, well not EVERYTHING, but everything you'll need for quite some time (I'll get to that).

It's a sad day. I'm forced to sell my 2003 330i ZHP sedan. It has 79,8XX miles. This car has been the perfect automobile for the last 2 years I've owned it. It's functional, sporty, quiet, everything I want in a car - I just can't afford to have a car payment right now

I bought this car intending for it to be my LAST daily driver (I have project cars, but I don't modify my dd's for reliability's sake). I work for a BMW dealership, so I get parts at almost COST. That being said, I know what eventually goes wrong on these cars, so I went about replacing EVERYTHING I knew *might* be a problem so it would be set to go for 100k and not need anything.

Here is the list of things I replaced with brand new OEM parts, installed by certified BMW master technicians over the last 2 years:
  • Complete 6 speed manual transmission
  • Throw out bearing
  • Shifter bearings, washers, selector guide (no shifter movement/freeplay)
  • Both rear diff side seals and pinion seal
  • All four window regulators
  • Xenon control module
  • Waterpump
  • Thermostat
  • Expansion Tank
  • Lower Rad hose with temp sensor
  • DSSA Valve
  • Crankcase Oil Separator (upgraded cold kit) with new dipstick tube
  • Drive Belts
  • Starter
  • Power steering pump
  • Power steering lines (including the really expensive pressure line)
  • Complete oil filter housing with new gasket
  • Updated hydraulic belt tensioner kit
  • Both rear tailight bulb carriers with updated wiring kit
  • (Previous Owner) CD Player/Radio
  • (Previous Owner) Ignition Coil recall performed
  • Both control arm bushings
  • Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads at all four corners
  • New OEM front rotors

Aside from an OEM BMW Performance shift knob and Akebono brake pads (no dust), this vehicle is COMPLETELY STOCK and has never been modified. All glass has BMW etchings and the car has never been in an accident in my possession, or on the Carfax/Autocheck and I believe it. It's perfectly straight everywhere.

This ZHP car has almost EVERY OPTION except Navigation. It has Sport/Competition Package, Premium Package, Coldweather Package, Top HiFi Harmon Kardon sound, etc. The interior is Alcantera, with Black Cube finishing trim. Here is a screenshot of the VIN breakdown:

THE GOOD:
  • Lower-ish miles for year
  • SUPER shiny paint, no rust ANYWHERE (of course)
  • Dealer maintained/serviced since day one
  • Adult owned (I'm 33 years old)
  • SUPER CLEAN inside and out, it was my baby
  • Near flawless Alcantera seating
  • Powertrain is good to go for YEARS.

THE BAD:
  • Don't have original wheels
  • Previous owner painted calipers red (I don't like it but hey..)
  • Usual wear and tear - one or two tiny dings, rock chips, etc
  • Could use new headlight lenses - some peeling at the edges (I can source for cheap)
  • Usual warn Alcantera steering wheel

About the wheels...

The wheels that are on the car now are 17x8 Ronal R46, and they currently have 225/45/17 Nokian WR winter tires on them. These will last at least one or two more snows. I'm not sure the offsets of the Ronal's but I know they are E90 offsets, so they are much more flush than the stock wheels were.

Anyway, I sold the ZHP 18's because I had bought a set of SSR's to replace them with. I ended up not liking the SSR's when installed and sold them at the end of the summer. I have yet to buy replacement summer wheels, but I love the look and style of these 17's. Plus the ride quality is WAY BETTER on rough roads. I never drive downtown (chicago) because I hate the pot holes, etc. I've had to do it a few times with this car and it soaks up bumps with NO PROBLEM on these 17's.

Down to business...

KBB Dealer Retail for this car is $16,380 and Private Party Value is $13,930.

I'm asking $15,000 FIRM. Car is located in the west suburbs of Chicago, IL.

I think that's a fair price considering the condition of the vehicle, and the fact that it has basically had almost EVERYTHING that could be a concern in the future taken care of (well over $10,000 in parts and labor).

If the new buyer is interseted, I will buy and install new summer tires on the existing wheels for a SUPER BARGAIN PRICE. $200 extra if you want Dunlop Direzza DZ101's summer tires, or if you want a good all season, I can also do BFGoodrich G-Force SuperSport All-Seasons for the same price, again - BRAND NEW.

ON TO THE PICS!!!

Click on the thumbnail below to go to the WHOLE ALBUM
http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/tran...background.gif) no-repeat left">
Resized

Last edited by boostd92; 05-05-2010 at 02:12 PM.
boostd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
Gucki83

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP / 635CSi
Bump for a clean ZHP
Old 04-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
Ruf

My Ride: 03 ZHP Imola Red
Bump
Ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
boostd92

Got a bunch of interest, tire-kickers and what not. Still looking for that all mighty dollar
Old 04-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
boostd92

Weighing whether or not to let my dealership sell it on consignment. I'll probably give it another few weeks. Still available.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #6
lvblkjack

My Ride: 99-Spec FD, 05 ZHP
any specific reason why you replaced the transmission at such a low mileage?
lvblkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
boostd92

The car was covered under CPO warranty at that time. I work for the dealership so there is no, "could not duplicate" in my case. That's what happens when customers complain about something that isn't very repeatable, and it ends up not getting fixed because the tech couldn't get the car to do what the customer was describing... since I'm there 40 hours a week, I made sure I could demonstrate the problem.

...anyway, about 5% of the time the shifter had to be pushed a little harder to get it into first, occasionally needed me to pump the clutch once or shift down to neutral and try first again. 95% of the time it would be just fine. It was annoying, so I had them replace the transmission.

While it was down I had them replace the throw out bearing, selector shaft bushing and anything not metal in the shifter assembly. Now I've got a trans that is the most buttery smooth shifting perfect 6 speed I've ever owned, and the shift knob doesn't have any play in it at neutral or in gear... it's like a brand new car.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
boostd92

Still available. I'll probably have my dealership sell the car on consignment if it doesn't sell this week.

Entertaining offers until then.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #9
matteblack

My Ride: 2004 325i steel blue
bump for a sweet zhp
matteblack is offline   Reply With Quote