E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
NightWolfe

My Ride: 02' 330CI
Shark Edit - Vaporware?

Haven't heard mention of this for a ling time .. did it ever get released? If so has anyone tuned anything with it?

Or is it all vaporware haha

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
lets put it this way, don't hold your breath...
Old 01-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
NightWolfe

yea .. That's what I thought haha

Oh well
Old 01-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
sjo328ci

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
In case you dorks haven't figured it out yet he's not going to release it until you all stop making all these groundless allegations that it doesn't exist. He doesn't need the money he will make from it (not much anyway, once you deduct the cost of all the telephone support he'll have to provide free of charge to get people up and running), and he can basically wait forever until you stop. It's his way of showing you who's boss. It might be immature and unfair on his part to do this, but he's got the only game in town and he knows it. So just stop complaining and maybe he'll release it. Maybe not. Since none of us helped finance its development and he didn't even accept advance orders, none of us has any legally compelling case to force him to do otherwise.
M54 crankshaft
Crower MaxiLight forged alloy connecting rods
Ferrea 1mm oversize intake and exhaust valves,
valve springs, and titanium spring retainers
Technik Stage 3 cylinder head (mild port and polish)
Technik tubular exhaust header
227 rwhp (265 crank hp est)

What's the point of having money if you don't have something worth wasting it on?
sjo328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
That's an interesting take on the situation. I didn't know Jim C had a God complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjo328ci View Post
In case you dorks haven't figured it out yet he's not going to release it until you all stop making all these groundless allegations that it doesn't exist. He doesn't need the money he will make from it (not much anyway, once you deduct the cost of all the telephone support he'll have to provide free of charge to get people up and running), and he can basically wait forever until you stop. It's his way of showing you who's boss. It might be immature and unfair on his part to do this, but he's got the only game in town and he knows it. So just stop complaining and maybe he'll release it. Maybe not. Since none of us helped finance its development and he didn't even accept advance orders, none of us has any legally compelling case to force him to do otherwise.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
NightRunner

My Ride: Slowmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
That's an interesting take on the situation. I didn't know Jim C had a God complex.
I didn't know he based his business practices on the complaining/whining trends of e46fanatics....I guess you learn something new everyday...
Old 01-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
Quote:
lol so let me get this straight... it exists and works, but he's not releasing it because people are complaining that it hasn't been released... With that attitude, I can just imagine the customer service people will be getting from him

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
mrshelley

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
he's got the only game in town
I beg to differ.....
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
UrineMachine
Banned

My Ride: Mysterious 5
Send a message via AIM to UrineMachine
Shat edit ftw
UrineMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
NightWolfe

I suppose I should make a public apology to everyone for now again delaying the release of the Shark Edit .. I was completly unaware that asking if a product exsisted was in poor taste .. I thought companies actually liked people talking about their products
Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #11
aggieE46
Keep it clean

We forgive you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWolfe View Post
I suppose I should make a public apology to everyone for now again delaying the release of the Shark Edit .. I was completly unaware that asking if a product exsisted was in poor taste .. I thought companies actually liked people talking about their products
Old 01-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #12
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
We forgive you.
Speak for yourself

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
In case you dorks haven't figured it out yet he's not going to release it until you all stop making all these groundless allegations that it doesn't exist.
No need for the hostility.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #14
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
wow bro - that was horrible.

sounds like u guys are both jerks.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #15
aggieE46
Keep it clean

I seriously doubt he knows Jim C well enough to make accusations like this. I'd only go so far as to point out one jerk in the thread. Two, if you count me. I can be a prick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
wow bro - that was horrible.

sounds like u guys are both jerks.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #16
sjo328ci

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
I don't know him very well, having only exchanged e-mails with him some years ago, but I've done business with people who have dealt extensively with him. One post from someone whom I believe knows him well stated that he has a sick newborn right now and is understandably distracted from business concerns. There are more important things than releasing a hack of BMW's ECU code. A sick baby is one of them.
M54 crankshaft
Crower MaxiLight forged alloy connecting rods
Ferrea 1mm oversize intake and exhaust valves,
valve springs, and titanium spring retainers
Technik Stage 3 cylinder head (mild port and polish)
Technik tubular exhaust header
227 rwhp (265 crank hp est)

What's the point of having money if you don't have something worth wasting it on?
sjo328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
NightWolfe

Quote:
There are more important things than releasing a hack of BMW's ECU code. A sick baby is one of them.
No doubt .. family comes first ...

but .. he is running a business .. if he just made a small release/post to his site .. that "Hey .. I'm having family issues .. all product development is currently on hold" .. it would take him a couple minutes, and his company would safe face