E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
DNTHATE

Kid arrested for bringing a clock to school

Really, not a topic here yet???

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...-to-school.ece
DNTHATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Clock, Glock; what's the difference?
Old 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
It's only news because the usual suspects are trying to make it a race/religion issue. There have been plenty of other idiotic situations like this that didn't get the support by the hashtag/tumblr crowd (example: the kid who got kicked out of school for eating his poptart into the shape of a gun).
Old 09-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #4
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
It's only news because the usual suspects are trying to make it a race/religion issue. There have been plenty of other idiotic situations like this that didn't get the support by the hashtag/tumblr crowd (example: the kid who got kicked out of school for eating his poptart into the shape of a gun).
I don't disagree but hopefully it brings light to the idiocy of people in charge. I can understand a misunderstanding at first but to arrest him even after people knew it was a clock is asinine. In 8th grade I was in a theater tech class and literally blew up a model landscape for a project and no one batted an eye. People need to take a step back and figure out what actually needs to be taken seriously.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
GasKing
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 1990 Yugo GVC
Insane, if he wasnt brown this wouldnt have happened.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I don't disagree but hopefully it brings light to the idiocy of people in charge.
Unfortunately it won't. They're making this about "Islamphobia" and not the stupidity that's running rampant in our schools with kids being treated like criminals for making gun-like finger shapes and nibbling their food into vaguely gun shaped objects.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:44 AM   #7
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
I was a bit curios why this hadn't come up here yet.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't disagree but hopefully it brings light to the idiocy of people in charge. I can understand a misunderstanding at first but to arrest him even after people knew it was a clock is asinine
My feelings on that matter as well. This is another "movement" that people are going to get behind on social media, and not more than a couple weeks later it is going to fade in to the vast ocean of forgotten flavor of the week. The extent they went to; arresting, questioning, suspension is just ridiculous. I'd imagine a volcano at the science fair is no longer allowed.

Plot twist though, what if it really wasn't a clock. Hes' been invited to the white house to show Obama. Terrorist plan all along, White House is now compromised.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #8
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
Col Chris Hatfield invited him to some science fair thing too, kid is going to be set.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #9
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Quote:
I don't disagree but hopefully it brings light to the idiocy of people in charge. I can understand a misunderstanding at first but to arrest him even after people knew it was a clock is asinine. In 8th grade I was in a theater tech class and literally blew up a model landscape for a project and no one batted an eye. People need to take a step back and figure out what actually needs to be taken seriously.
This

No one ever takes data into account. Is this the emo kid with a police record, poor grades and bad attitude, or is it the kind kid in school with decent grades and takes electronics electives? One is more worth investigating than the other.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:53 AM   #10
bagher
Account closed.

Send a message via AIM to bagher
the right wing is up in arms because Obama invited him to the white house and not children of fallen police officers and military. ok then.
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #11
GasKing
OEM ///Member

LOL ****em. I want to see them all up in arms because muslims are being invited to the whitehouse lollllllll
Old 09-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #12
bagher
Account closed.

the comments only get worse

Old 09-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #13
Silver_Surfer

Quote:
I don't disagree but hopefully it brings light to the idiocy of people in charge. I can understand a misunderstanding at first but to arrest him even after people knew it was a clock is asinine. People need to take a step back and figure out what actually needs to be taken seriously.
QFT!!! Exactly! That is the issue, not is race or religion.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #14
GasKing
OEM ///Member

If the kid had a hebrew last name atleast 17 congressmen would be sucking his cock right now.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:02 AM   #15
bagher
Account closed.

Quote:
QFT!!! Exactly! That is the issue, not is race or religion.
you really think a white kid named John Smith would have received the same treatment? Yesterday some guy posted on reddit that he brought in a disarmed grenade to class and got an A for it.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #16
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Time will tell what will become of this.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:06 AM   #17
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
I was wondering when this thread would make an appearence

It's amazing to see how middle/high school has changed since I graduated (2002). We had archery class, marksmanship classes, etc., etc. Someone blew somethign up in chem class ON PURPOSE, and the teacher replicated it so everyone could try for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
the comments only get worse

Chapter 17 of How Allen West Struggles to Remain Relevant.

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

Last edited by evolved; 09-17-2015 at 09:08 AM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #18
bagher
Account closed.

he's just asking. no agenda
Old 09-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #19
Silver_Surfer

Quote:
you really think a white kid named John Smith would have received the same treatment? Yesterday some guy posted on reddit that he brought in a disarmed grenade to class and got an A for it.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/examiner...rt-suspension/

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/05/1...t-shirt-school

http://fox6now.com/2014/08/20/studen...smate-sneezed/

How many examples do you need?

Times have changed, we use to play war or cops and robbers at recess. We had school wide water gun fights at the end of the year. The blame should be put on the faculty, not the race/religion card.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #20
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Uh, yeah. This has been going on for a couple years. It hasn't been on your radar because the MSM hasn't added a dash of racism to give you a boner.

Quote:
We had school wide water gun fights at the end of the year.
Bringing a water gun on campus will probably land you a cool 20 years at this point.

Last edited by choxor; 09-17-2015 at 09:22 AM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote