E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #61
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Yeah, you gotta pay to play with that one. I wouldn't have gotten it if I hadn't been able to get the telescoping stock.
Yea too bad civilians can't get that version...its awesome but that shotty is just as much as I paid for my Colt AR this past weekend...insane!

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #62
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Yea too bad civilians can't get that version...its awesome but that shotty is just as much as I paid for my Colt AR this past weekend...insane!
What's really nuts was that getting the stock has been the easiest part of the whole deal. Finding the shotgun was the hard part. I located it on Gunsamerica.com, had it shipped, and it somehow turned up in Louisiana. Still trying to get that all figured out.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #63
david05111

Quote:
What's really nuts was that getting the stock has been the easiest part of the whole deal. Finding the shotgun was the hard part. I located it on Gunsamerica.com, had it shipped, and it somehow turned up in Louisiana. Still trying to get that all figured out.
Awesome, just awesome Make sure you post some pictures of it up here so I can drool, if you ever get it

Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #64
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Reedo - you're a cop?
Rush4theYehO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #65
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Reedo - you're a cop?
A poor excuse for one, but yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Awesome, just awesome Make sure you post some pictures of it up here so I can drool, if you ever get it
I was in the weight room and got a call from Lafayette, Louisiana telling me my gun was there. I'm like, WTF!?!

The call to the gun shop in Florida that I bought the shotgun from was an interesting call....
SUPPOSEDLY, it's reshipping and I should have it by this next Friday. Supposedly. I'm hoping I don't get a call from Oregon or New Jersey.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 03-21-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #66
david05111

Quote:
I was in the weight room and got a call from Lafayette, Louisiana telling me my gun was there. I'm like, WTF!?!

The call to the gun shop in Florida that I bought the shotgun from was an interesting call....
SUPPOSEDLY, it's reshipping and I should have it by this next Friday. Supposedly. I'm hoping I don't get a call from Oregon or New Jersey.
One can only hope...I just checked the tracking on my AR...looks like its on time for delivery tuesday!

Last edited by david05111; 03-23-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:13 AM   #67
david05111

So I had a chance to buy a Benelli M4 today at the gunshow if you can believe it...he wanted 2k for it though, which was just a bit steep for me. Hope you got a good deal on yours and it gets there soon!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #68
Reedo302

My stock should be shipping either this week or next week for my Springfield M1A Loaded ERC. Unfortunately, I got confirmation from Springfield Armory and they said that the rifle, which I ordered in January, will finally be shipping at the end of October. So, another 2 months I have to wait for the rifle. The stock took 6 months. The Rifle may take 10. Argh!

The stock:
JAE-100 G2

Glock Armorer

Old 09-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #69
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Lexie330ci
what scope are you going to run? magnification?

Need brakes? Bother Anthony Here!
Lexie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #70
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexie330ci View Post
what scope are you going to run? magnification?
It's up in the air. I can't decide between a couple of them. I WAS sold on a Leupold Mark 4, but I wound up talking to a Trijicon Rep and he had a bunch of demo scopes and showed me several options that made me second-guess my initial decision.
So, these are the options I'm considering:

Trijicon AccuPoint TR23-2G 5.5-20x50mm Mil-Dot w/ Green dot

Trijicon ACOG TA648TRD-308 6x48

Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 LR/T M2 Illuminated TMR (7.62mm 175gr/XM118 calibrated)

Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 LR/T M1 Illuminated Mil-Dot

All scopes would have a M1913 Picatinny ring cap rail and a Trijicon Red Dot sight mounted on top of it.

Glock Armorer

Old 09-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #71
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

Dude, have you looked into the new nightforce first focal planes? 3.5-15x mag. It is brilliant, and I know its SOCOM quality, since my gunsmith who was in the the seals used a NXS 8-24 (what I have as well). They have a variety of reticles to choose from, my favorite is the npr2. Thse scopes are super prograde, Id highly recommend looking into it.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #72
Reedo302

Quote:
Dude, have you looked into the new nightforce first focal planes? 3.5-15x mag. It is brilliant, and I know its SOCOM quality, since my gunsmith who was in the the seals used a NXS 8-24 (what I have as well). They have a variety of reticles to choose from, my favorite is the npr2. Thse scopes are super prograde, Id highly recommend looking into it.
I HAVE looked into NightForce scopes, but I didn't see anything that really blew my skirt up. I have heard nothing but positive feedback from NightForce owners. I've never looked through the optics themselves, and I'm curious how they stack up to Leupold Mark 4s or Trijicon.

I looked through the Trijicon AccuPoints and was just stunned at the visual clarity of the optics. They are actually slightly better than the Mark 4s in what I saw for optical clarity. The only AccuPoint that is truly a tactical long range scope in my opinion is the 5.5-20x50 model. The 1-4x models are definitely nice, but nothing else is really feasible due to lack of turret knobs. The ACOGs are fantastic and I would love to own another one (I have a 4x32 TA01 on my M4 rifle), but the fact that it is a single power scope is a bit too much of a compromise. The 1-4x24 model with the green triangle on the post is a fantastic optic and I will be mounting one on the next assault rifle I buy. I just can't decide which rifle will be the next, but I suspect it'll be an M1A SOCOM II or else an H&K MR762. Plus, I get a significant discount on Trijicon. To top it off, Trijicons have the longest eye relief of any scope I've ever tried, and that's key when shooting rifles.

As for Leupold, the whole Mark 4 MR/T, LR/T and ER/T line is truly tactically-oriented. I know that there are several models that I would like, and the 3.5-10x40 M2 LR/T model has the added advantage of the XM118LR calibration. The Leupolds are reliable and can take a pounding, but the whole issue of cost comes into play since the M2 LR/T model I want is $1429 and that's pretty high for a scope that is basically the same as the 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M1 Illuminated model that sells for $200 less. The $200 premium gives you the Dark Earth coloring and the XM118LR (175gr 7.62mm) calibration. I'm not sure it's worth it. To top it off, Leupold has set pricing that makes it impossible to get a cheaper price unless I get it for cost, and nobody will do that. I can get HUGE discounts on Trijicon, but not with Leupold. I qualify for all the Government discounts with companies, but Leupold doesn't do discount pricing.

My view of the NightForce scopes has always been that they're ideal benchrest scopes. I'm sure that they're combat capable and very reliable, but I cannot justify buying one when the NXS series (the only models I'd buy) average $250-$400 more than Leupolds for basically the exact same features and optical quality. If I wanted a scope with extremely high magnification, as in more than 20x, I'd definitely consider an NXS. For the money of the NightForce, I'd probably go to a US Optics SN-series.

Ultimately, I would love a US Optics scope the most. They're just amazing, and you literally customize them when you buy them. You have to decide type of turrets, reticle, eye relief, parallax adjustment, objective diameter, color, etc. It's the only true 100% custom scope, and they've been around longer than anyone. Unfortunately, it's easy for a $1500 SN-3 model to quickly top $2300 after everything is all said and done, depend on desired options.

Glock Armorer

Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #73
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

so about this trijicon discount...

Old 09-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #74
Reedo302

Quote:
so about this trijicon discount...
My discount is only 10%, but the place I get it through is typically already 15% cheaper than MSRP listed on and sold through Trijicon's website. So it winds up being a pretty substantial discount of around 25% off.

If you want decent prices that are less than anyone else around, check out Arizona Gun Runners.
http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Pro.../trijicon.html

Glock Armorer