E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Titanium3Series

My Ride: 03 325,97Max,02Gsxr
P46 lense cracking ( little rant in here)

I installed a set of p46 from ddmtuning about 5 months ago and i have been notcing that cracks are starting to appear all over the lenses. The first crack started about 3 months ago on my passenger side lense. It started off as one crack and now the lense is covered with little cracks( some maybe 4 - 5inches long) that are on the inside of the lense and do not go all the way through.

After contacting ddm tuning and sending them pictures and being told they will ship me one, acouple months later i still do not have a lense form these people, and i contacted them again to have someone ask to me to start the process all over again by sending in my pictures, and now my driver side one is started to get interior cracks on the lense, and i do not want to deal with ddm tunign anymore.

has anyone eles had this problem with these lense cracking? They are not impact cracks, or anything and just randomly appear. I am running their peice of crap 55w hid kit that never starts the first time, and i was wondering if maybe the 55w hid were putting out to much heat causing this.

BUt has anyone eles had this problem with their p46's, and also is there any good quality lense that i could buy?

One more thing is the p46 lense held on the same as the factory lense, like could i put my factory lenses on my p46's?

l 2003 BMW 325i l 1997 Nissan Maxima l 2002 GSXR Telefonica l
Titanium3Series is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
issacsierra06

My Ride: bmw 325i
nope have the same set-up. actually my hid kits i had bought from them works perfect. u must have done something wrong or got a lemon
Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3Series View Post
I installed a set of p46 from ddmtuning about 5 months ago and i have been notcing that cracks are starting to appear all over the lenses. The first crack started about 3 months ago on my passenger side lense. It started off as one crack and now the lense is covered with little cracks( some maybe 4 - 5inches long) that are on the inside of the lense and do not go all the way through.

After contacting ddm tuning and sending them pictures and being told they will ship me one, acouple months later i still do not have a lense form these people, and i contacted them again to have someone ask to me to start the process all over again by sending in my pictures, and now my driver side one is started to get interior cracks on the lense, and i do not want to deal with ddm tunign anymore.

has anyone eles had this problem with these lense cracking? They are not impact cracks, or anything and just randomly appear. I am running their peice of crap 55w hid kit that never starts the first time, and i was wondering if maybe the 55w hid were putting out to much heat causing this.

BUt has anyone eles had this problem with their p46's, and also is there any good quality lense that i could buy?

One more thing is the p46 lense held on the same as the factory lense, like could i put my factory lenses on my p46's?
This isn't DDM's fault. This is a lens issue by the folks at DEPO.
You need to get someone to replace those lenses for you.

We're having to do this for our E39 customers. it's one of the reasons we've not been using DEPO products of late for the headlights.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
Titanium3Series

My Ride: 03 325,97Max,02Gsxr
I mean how can you mess it up? It is all plug and play and this is by far not the first hid kit I have ever dealt with!

I know the physical damage is not ddms fault, cause they are not the manufacture. It is their service I am annoyed about.

Is their any other company who makes these lenses at a reasnable price?

l 2003 BMW 325i l 1997 Nissan Maxima l 2002 GSXR Telefonica l
Titanium3Series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3Series View Post
I mean how can you mess it up? It is all plug and play and this is by far not the first hid kit I have ever dealt with!

I know the physical damage is not ddms fault, cause they are not the manufacture. It is their service I am annoyed about.

Is their any other company who makes these lenses at a reasnable price?
You can purchase lenses form the dealer, but your vendor should replace them. We have had to out of our own dime when DEPO screwed up and screwed us.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #6
rsitnick

My Ride: 2009 328i x-Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
This isn't DDM's fault. This is a lens issue by the folks at DEPO.
You need to get someone to replace those lenses for you.

We're having to do this for our E39 customers. it's one of the reasons we've not been using DEPO products of late for the headlights.
Who's units do you use now?
Are they DOT compliant?
Do OEM lenses fit?

Thanks!
1979 Fiat Spider 2000

http://community.webshots.com/user/fiatz79

Last edited by rsitnick; 02-11-2009 at 08:11 AM.
rsitnick is offline   Reply With Quote