E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #21
Mirko

My Ride: Your girlfriend :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrift View Post
When You entered here, You had to click on "Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning"!
TUNING!
If You're all about maintenance find You're own threads!
What's up with these people, seriously?! It's a $400 dollar question! Is that too much or what?! Let me enjoy my money-wasting-hobby!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You.
I've never heard of Jet and the other two have been beaten to death, search. I really don't know what to believe. Some say that software works and they get a gain, others say it does nothing except raise rpm redline, top speed is removed and better throttle response. I don't get if software does only those three things why anyone would buy it. Why is it that e36 engine and e90 engines get better results and e46 is nothing there to get. I would be happy with quicker throttle response and 5-10hp (don't care bout higher rpm and no top speed) but no one can even claim that much. $400 is a lot to spend to something that apparently does nothing.
Mirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #22
MrDrift

My Ride: 2004 325 Ci
Thank You for Your thoughts.
That's why I'm trying to gather some info from actual owners.
So we can decide either to go for it or not!
Not other people who's just giving me wise advices to think about maintenance...

...neverendingmodding...
MrDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #23
freak_zi11a

My Ride: '06 M3 vert
I have the Dinan Stage 2 software and CAI setup on my '03 330ci. There's definitely a noticeable difference compared to a stock setup. I usually dont drive the car at the high RPM range, but i am completely satisified with the throttle response during everyday driving. When i step on the gas pedal the car takes off alot quicker than stock.
freak_zi11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #24
beemteam1001

My Ride: E46 323i
anybody use the shark injector or aa