E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
black325cisport

My Ride: BMW 325CI SPORT BLK
Hid,angel,led questions..please help

Hi there
Ive recently purchased a 325ci m-sport and want to upgrade lighting
just a few questions:

-Do oem xenon headlights plug in and work with no faults? if not can you buy projectors that you can install? or just get a HID set and use standard reflector headlights?
-Which angel eyes and LED tails are most popular?
black325cisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Hi there,

Congrats on the new car! You can install OEM xenon headlights into the car but you will need to get the car reflashed for xenons to prevent the bulb out warning. If this is a pre-facelift 01-03 coupe, you can go with our Projector46 Headlights which are complete headlight replacements that swap out the entire assembly for projector based xenons with built in angel eyes. This is ideal if you are looking to upgrade both the look and performance of your factory lights.

For angel eyes, provided your car is a pre-facelift 01-03 vehicle, I recommend one of the following kits. The LEDs will be brighter, an easier install and more reliable than the CCFLs but the CCFLs are more affordable.

MyCarr 62+ LED Angel Eye Kit

MyCarr CCFL Kit

For the LED tails, I highly recommend going with a set of Eagle Eyes LED tails. These are a direct PnP replacement for your car with built in resistors to prevent a bulb out warning.

Crystal LED Tails for the E46 Coupe
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by black325cisport View Post
Hi there
Ive recently purchased a 325ci m-sport and want to upgrade lighting
just a few questions:

-Do oem xenon headlights plug in and work with no faults? if not can you buy projectors that you can install? or just get a HID set and use standard reflector headlights?
-Which angel eyes and LED tails are most popular?
Congratulations on your car. Sinc eyou are in the UK, you'll want something that works for your car and is affordable to ship to you.

Your british pound is much lower than it was a few months ago, but if you are keen on getting some good lights that work on your roads for a reasonable price, give us a call on SKYPE or you can email us - info@umnitza.com

Here is what customers have said about our new products:
Before you make a great leap of faith about a product or company, read up on these comments about the product that will be put into your Projector46s:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///A View Post
Orion V2 is the best . so damn bright i rarely drive with the bi-xenons on. Just the V2s and HID fogs lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by KME View Post
The Orion V2s look great, best out there. Go with the V2s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdly_Studright View Post
orion v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iftwb View Post
Yep Orion V2, you won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I know there are some people who wouldn't agree with you, however I felt my experience with Matt went A+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbocaj55 View Post
I have the Orion V2's from Umnitza (60 LED). I paid the extra for the 4300k, which looks absolutely sick and very OEM looking. It's hard to get a good picture of them...but trust me, they're worth it! Plus Umnitza could possibly be the best people to deal with in my experience. Shipping is lightening fast...and if you have a problem with your kit (Mine happened to have one or two LED's that were on the fritz)...they will send you a replacement right away no questions asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin4 View Post
orion V2's 60 led's 6000k im tellin you, you wont be dissappointed...mad easy to install yourself too
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaja23 View Post
I agree. Orion V2 are engineered very well. So bright! :thumbsup2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samM376' View Post
I placed an order. I installed a kit for ItaliaM3 last night

They were so bright and looked so good that I had to place an order for version two and replace the Chromium lights I had

I also have seen the V1 in person and the V2 is possibly 50% brighter, its that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samM376' View Post
These are brighter then EAS I saw them side by side in person

But both trump all the old Predator and MYCARR for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel T View Post
I just installed mine. These are bright!

The product is really good quality overall, and the clipping system is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh_wa View Post
OK, finally got a couple of non-enhanced pics up of my V2's. These are awesome IMO. Definitely turned some heads. Pics don't do them justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEsq View Post
i've always knew this was going to be one of the best mods i've done to my car.

orion v2 (60 led) - $140
smoked corners - $50
All eyes on me - Priceless...

This is one of the cheapest mod and it truly only take 45 mins and i am an amateur..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1024m3 View Post
I installed mine today...they are soooo much brighter than my chromiums! I thought my chromiums looked great until I installed the V2's on one side and compared them. Night and day...pictures do not do them justice. My chromiums looked like they were yellow and barely turned on.
I like the way they are thicker and feel less fragile. Installation was a breeze.
I highly recommend these bad boys!
Thanks Matt
6000k fogs
these are just a small smattering of customer comments.

Thank you for looking. Have fun with your car.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 AM   #4
black325cisport

My Ride: BMW 325CI SPORT BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Hi there,

Congrats on the new car! You can install OEM xenon headlights into the car but you will need to get the car reflashed for xenons to prevent the bulb out warning. If this is a pre-facelift 01-03 coupe, you can go with our Projector46 Headlights which are complete headlight replacements that swap out the entire assembly for projector based xenons with built in angel eyes. This is ideal if you are looking to upgrade both the look and performance of your factory lights.

For angel eyes, provided your car is a pre-facelift 01-03 vehicle, I recommend one of the following kits. The LEDs will be brighter, an easier install and more reliable than the CCFLs but the CCFLs are more affordable.

MyCarr 62+ LED Angel Eye Kit

MyCarr CCFL Kit

For the LED tails, I highly recommend going with a set of Eagle Eyes LED tails. These are a direct PnP replacement for your car with built in resistors to prevent a bulb out warning.

Crystal LED Tails for the E46 Coupe
Thanks guys but as i drive on the left here, are the headlights adjustable?
Yes mine is a pre-facelift, do you know roughly how much the shipping would cost on the headlights and tails?
black325cisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
We're actually having a clearance on both those items at the moment. The price is just too good to miss up so you should absolutely check this out as soon as possible:

eas | MYCARR 30LED Angel Eyes - $50 SHIPPED!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=650251

eas | e46 Taillight Clearance ** WHILE SUPPLIES LAST **
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=643851

Send over a PM with any questions as this only lasts until the supplies run out
david @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by black325cisport View Post
Thanks guys but as i drive on the left here, are the headlights adjustable?
Yes mine is a pre-facelift, do you know roughly how much the shipping would cost on the headlights and tails?
You can adjust the Projector46s with a straight line cut off so they are compatible with RHD vehicles. Drop me a PM with your full address and I can calculate shipping.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote