E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 168 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #261901
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
And lol at gypsies.
Oh geez. The UK hasn't been too bad, thought find myself having to look back every so often. I fear worse in Paris and Rome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #261902
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
I see, I knew there was another side to the story. This is actually pretty insightful.
I think you'll be ok. Do you speak Spanish? That is another avenue to pursue.

Quote:
Y U No being srs with me?
Sorry, being a troll is in my blood.

Which area of Paris will you be staying in?
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #261903
albeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I think you'll be ok. Do you speak Spanish? That is another avenue to pursue.

Sorry, being a troll is in my blood.

Which area of Paris will you be staying in?
I speak elementary Spanish, think I could get away with that? Maybe if I combine Spanish and French I'll look even more desperate, lol.

I'll be by Chinatown.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #261904
albeee

Hmm, come to think of it, I haven't shaved during this trip or bathed today. I'll be extra scruffy.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #261905
Wes

Quote:
I speak elementary Spanish, think I could get away with that? Maybe if I combine Spanish and French I'll look even more desperate, lol.

I'll be by Chinatown.
Mmm, I'd use it as a last resort.

Just a personal tip.... try to locate a market near your hotel so you can stock up on drinks, fruits, snacks for cheap. Paris lacks a lot of late night markets/convenience stores that you would find in other parts of the world. If you get hungry at night, you will be SOL unless you want to pay for a restaurant, which can be pretty expensive.

One sushi restaurant that I saw on the street charged 5 euro per order of nigiri (1pc). On the other hand, I found lots of small sandwich shops that were incredibly cheap, yet very filling and tasty. You just need to look out for the good deals.

Last edited by Wes; 06-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #261906
albeee

Quote:

Just a personal tip.... try to locate a market near your hotel so you can stock up on drinks, fruits, snacks for cheap. Paris lacks a lot of late night markets/convenience stores that you would find in other parts of the world. If you get hungry at night, you will be SOL unless you want to pay for a restaurant, which can be pretty expensive.
Hmm, I see. That works out since I'm on a budget anyway, lol.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #261907
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
My car just drank a quart of oil It's only been 3.5k miles since my last oil change
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #261908
mkodama

Quote:
Well I do that now at home, and it seems to make people warm up to me better. So I should be okay, right?
You'll be fine.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #261909
mkodama

Quote:

One sushi restaurant that I saw on the street charged 5 euro per order of nigiri (1pc). On the other hand, I found lots of small sandwich shops that were incredibly cheap, yet very filling and tasty. You just need to look out for the good deals.
Good call again with the food. Asia is great for late night anything, and europe is like the polar opposite, and america sits right in between.

and lol at expensive nigiri, that's like San Jose pricing, and probably equally as bad.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #261910
albeee

Time to shower. Thanks for all the help, guys. I can't wait to see Paris, and hopefully see my local Parisian friend.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #261911
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangl92 View Post
My car just drank a quart of oil It's only been 3.5k miles since my last oil change
In like the 8-10k miles I drove in my 330i, I never consumed any measurable amount of oil. At the time I was like "Y u no break and or consume oil so I have something to do!?"

Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #261912
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
In like the 8-10k miles I drove in my 330i, I never consumed any measurable amount of oil. At the time I was like "Y u no break and or consume oil so I have something to do!?"
The scary thing is the undertray was off A couple hundred miles ago and I don't remember seeing any leaks.
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #261913
Wes

Quote:
Time to shower. Thanks for all the help, guys. I can't wait to see Paris, and hopefully see my local Parisian friend.
Have fun in Paris.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #261914
albeee

at the station. London in the morning is creepy...dark and deserted. Ive never seen it so empty.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #261915
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
Albee, are you going to Spain? My friends told me that is one of the best countries to venture out since so many people are accepting and will take you into their home and get you drunk and probably rape you but who cares that's all in the fun!
Quote:
Spain is an amazing country. Barcelona is such a great city. Although my family speaks Spanish and French, getting around was tricky since some people only speak Catalan (actually, they all know Spanish and English, but they pretend not to lol).

Completely serious. It really bothers me how dumb France is.
Man, I really enjoyed Spain. So much so that one of my biggest regrets is not participating in the study abroad program.

Agreed, they definitely all know Spanish and English, at a minimum, but they prefer to be a bit snobby about Catalan being "their" language

Quote:
The French are rude to Americans because most Americans are rude by speaking to the French in English and expecting them to respond in English. You're in their country, not the other way around. I don't understand why people don't get that lol.

Like I said, my family speaks French so we had no problems. A few words will go a long way. Just start every sentence with "Hello, excuse me" and end with "thank you"-> "Bonjour s'il vous plait" "merci" and the rest can be in English. If they see that you're making an honest effort, most people will be nice to you. Of course, some will be standoffish, but don't let that bother you.

There are lots of Africans in Paris who will try to sell you junk. Just ignore them.

There are lots of pregnant gypsies on the street who will ask for your money. Just kick them in the stomach and spit on their face.

If you see a gypsy fall down or making a scene, don't stick around. It's a trick to distract you and their cockroach children will try to steal your wallet lol
I think I warned Albeee about the fvckin slimy gypsies. I slammed a brother and sister combo into a train as they walked toward me and everyone was crowding to board.
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #261916
323ci newbie

My Ride: mkodama
Quote:
There are tons of Muslims in Paris and they've pretty much ruined the city. France has been foolish to allow all the Muslims to invade. France is turning into a dump.
France is a dump
Old 06-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #261917
323ci newbie

My Ride: mkodama
all
Old 06-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #261918
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
I love when mkodoma talks like he knows europe from his little books.

Wes is right about most of what he says. France is a piece of sh!t country, and the language should be eradicated, as it is so ugly and hairy. Sounds like your coughing up phlegm from all the frog legs/snails they eat and cigarettes they smoke.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #261919
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangl92 View Post
The scary thing is the undertray was off A couple hundred miles ago and I don't remember seeing any leaks.
It's not that scary.

If a quart of oil leaked out of your engine, you would have a massive puddle under where you normally park your car. Almost always when E46s burn oil, it's getting sucked into the intake and burnt in the combustion chamber. There are always odd exceptions, like Marcus's turbo engine and maybe ramin's car might start trading coolant for oil soon.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #261920
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
I love when mkodoma talks like he knows europe from his little books.

Wes is right about most of what he says. France is a piece of sh!t country, and the language should be eradicated, as it is so ugly and hairy. Sounds like your coughing up phlegm from all the frog legs/snails they eat and cigarettes they smoke.
I traveled more of europe than you ever will.

What books are you talking about?

Tags
>implying the e9x is good, '02-'05 grandpas, '06 gods, '07 og's, '08 n00bs, '09 working class, '10 plebeians, '11 master race, '11 peasants, class of, norcal, norcal gen chaaaaat, norcal general chat