E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 170 votes, 4.44 average.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #263381
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
If your post had nothing to do with my grammar, then why did you respond with really bad grammar and referenced my thread with really bad grammar?
We all constantly make fun of each other for our old mistakes, and this instance was no other. It was like a question and a burn, all at once.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #263382
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #263383
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
I'm reading up on the new DTM cars that BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz developed, together. Pretty amazing stuff. It's like, group project status, but instead of a bunch of arguing(some probably happened) and boring result, the end product is pretty amazing.

-The new M3, A5, and C-Class touring cars all share the same carbon monocoque at the center. Nothing is related to the street car, so people with street cars can't really brag about a completely different car. But back to the monocoque, it is super tiny, with part of it literally wrapping around the driver and forming some of the driver's seat support and driver protection. The fuel cell is integrated into this tiny monocoque, directly to the right of the driver, so there is zero chance of fitting a passenger seat. The sides of the monocoque come up so high that there is no roll cage even used across the door opening. The monocoque is so tiny too that it can probably fit entirely inside a street car if you chopped out the floor.

-The roll cage mounts super high up on the monocoque, and is made of steel tubing. I'm guessing this is so that all the manufacturers can keep the same roofline as their street cars and also helps with cost and safety I'm sure.

-The 4 liter V8 engine mounts directly to the front firewall(nothing related to street car engines). The transaxle mounts directly to rear firewall. Both engine and transaxle look very structural.

-A cone is added to the end of the transaxle, one to the front sub frame that surrounds the engine, and two small cones on the sides of the monocoque. These are the crumple zones, completely contained with a single part.
__________________

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 AM   #263384
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
We all constantly make fun of each other for our old mistakes, and this instance was no other. It was like a question and a burn, all at once.
See, when Albee, Kalim, and Dave are making fun of my grammar, and I'm like "screw you guys!", we are like a bunch of black people going like "fvck y'all n´ggas, now gimme some homie love" *thug hug*

You coming in and making a grammar joke to me, is like the blonde hair, blue eyes, white friend walking in the room and saying "How is it going my ˝iggers!?"

*room goes silent*

"Yo man, that ain't cool."
__________________

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #263385
cyberkaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
Posts: 136,481
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
I'm reading up on the new DTM cars that BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz developed, together. Pretty amazing stuff. It's like, group project status, but instead of a bunch of arguing(some probably happened) and boring result, the end product is pretty amazing.

-The new M3, A5, and C-Class touring cars all share the same carbon monocoque at the center. Nothing is related to the street car, so people with street cars can't really brag about a completely different car. But back to the monocoque, it is super tiny, with part of it literally wrapping around the driver and forming some of the driver's seat support and driver protection. The fuel cell is integrated into this tiny monocoque, directly to the right of the driver, so there is zero chance of fitting a passenger seat. The sides of the monocoque come up so high that there is no roll cage even used across the door opening. The monocoque is so tiny too that it can probably fit entirely inside a street car if you chopped out the floor.

-The roll cage mounts super high up on the monocoque, and is made of steel tubing. I'm guessing this is so that all the manufacturers can keep the same roofline as their street cars and also helps with cost and safety I'm sure.

-The 4 liter V8 engine mounts directly to the front firewall(nothing related to street car engines). The transaxle mounts directly to rear firewall. Both engine and transaxle look very structural.

-A cone is added to the end of the transaxle, one to the front sub frame that surrounds the engine, and two small cones on the sides of the monocoque. These are the crumple zones, completely contained with a single part.
That's pretty darn nifty. I want one.
__________________
-Kalim
(klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #263386
cyberkaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
Posts: 136,481
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
See, when Albee, Kalim, and Dave are making fun of my grammar, and I'm like "screw you guys!", we are like a bunch of black people going like "fvck y'all n´ggas, now gimme some homie love" *thug hug*

You coming in and making a grammar joke to me, is like the blonde hair, blue eyes, white friend walking in the room and saying "How is it going my ˝iggers!?"

*room goes silent*

"Yo man, that ain't cool."
That's waisis.
__________________
-Kalim
(klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #263387
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
See, when Albee, Kalim, and Dave are making fun of my grammar, and I'm like "screw you guys!", we are like a bunch of black people going like "fvck y'all n´ggas, now gimme some homie love" *thug hug*

You coming in and making a grammar joke to me, is like the blonde hair, blue eyes, white friend walking in the room and saying "How is it going my ˝iggers!?"

*room goes silent*

"Yo man, that ain't cool."
I'm more Asian than any of you; your argument is invalid.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #263388
323ci newbie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 29,261
My Ride: mkodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
I'm more Asian than any of you; your argument is invalid.
You are a mutt and have nothing
__________________
323ci newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #263389
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323ci newbie View Post
You are a mutt and have nothing
I have dem cheeks!

goodnight
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #263390
323ci newbie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 29,261
My Ride: mkodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
I have dem cheeks!

goodnight
OK that is true and we love you for this

night poonster
__________________
323ci newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #263391
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
lol, poonstar.
__________________

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #263392
323ci newbie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 29,261
My Ride: mkodama
night all
__________________
323ci newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 AM   #263393
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Night
__________________

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #263394
cyberkaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
Posts: 136,481
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
__________________
-Kalim
(klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #263395
ACS Rob
pinoyfanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 9,201
My Ride: This --->
__________________
ACS Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #263396
briangl92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotts Valley
Posts: 9,515
My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Reflashed the DME and figured out his steering coupler is definitely dangling.

Did what I could about the oil-related dangling.
Thanks for the halp

What do you think about telling the dealer about the oil consumption? Because if it's CCV related, it should be covered. But do you think it could be CCV?
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #263397
briangl92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotts Valley
Posts: 9,515
My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdown View Post
what was up with dangle's oiling?
I was asking about oil weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdown View Post
he's so hard on that poor car
You should be happy, it means more parts
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #263398
mtnbound
Town Clown
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Yay Area
Posts: 15,076
My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Monday.
__________________
**********************
Bay Area Top Dropper
Orient Blue 330 Ci Vert
**********************
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #263399
briangl92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotts Valley
Posts: 9,515
My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
No school today I have a final tomorrow and on Wednesday though
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #263400
briangl92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotts Valley
Posts: 9,515
My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
FireWire 800 is faster than USB 2.0 right? I wish I had USB 3.0 :/
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
>implying the e9x is good, '02-'05 grandpas, '06 gods, '07 og's, '08 n00bs, '09 working class, '10 plebeians, '11 master race, '11 peasants, class of, norcal, norcal gen chaaaaat, norcal general chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use