E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 184 votes, 4.48 average.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 AM   #284181
hizhinezz

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Consume ALL THE STREAMS!
Now this is acid...

...or perhaps meditation and transformative enlightenment in a place of religious significance?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #284182
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Not in the least, I've had really smart people call me stupid which actually hurts. And anyone observing me could call me out for playing a somewhat similar intellectual chess game, but arguing the side of a more varied approach (yet in a very narrow minded manner, lol).

Look, you could do what he does. You know an f-load about these machines and could pick on people more, but, you're bigger than that, even by making fun of people subtly (cough cough ahem) instead of trying to belittle them by reciting a bunch of stuff you read somewhere else. You might laugh at someone but you don't validate yourself to yourself by trying to make them look stupid and towering over people in this arena. He's a douche. I bet he is a mama's boy. The smartest people around know there's always a way they haven't considered or someone smarter... His will to be the final word is rather pathetic and transparent, I kind of feel bad for him.
"You mad" almost never means you're actually mad; rather its purpose is to goad you into writing a lot of words that no one will care to read. lol
But you know this already, don't you?

You're lucky I care.

I honestly think the smarter you get, the more it behooves you to humble. At some point you begin to realize how little you know, and further that you don't even know how little you know. Pretending otherwise is just that -- pretense. Maybe? I don't know.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge

Last edited by cyberkaa; 12-05-2012 at 02:39 AM.
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #284183
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Now this is acid...

...or perhaps meditation and transformative enlightenment in a place of religious significance?
I'm not sure, but it tastes delicious.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:

Last edited by cyberkaa; 12-05-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #284184
mkodama

Quote:
This is because you're an engineer not an artist-type. I have not the lexicon for being the latter myself but the same progressions and transitions could be made via examples of say industrial design, computing language... Battle robots even. I think the Japanese in you makes you something of an absurdist yet less base than any Per Ubu type of character but you love to challenge convention which is what that music is all about. You're so influenced by it, it's impact is now so engrained, you know not where it comes from but it's there. In fact, you're actually a lot more like an old man than older men in some ways...

The solitary emo youth gene in you is strong but we are all products of our history, we simply get to choose which streams of knowledge we consume. You choose math and science over music and fiction.

I'd still bang your sister. Lol J/k no offense I hope... Though I would.
I always find it really entertaining to see what people actually think of me, cause it's rare that people have both the honesty and the words to describe a person.

-I dunno, I don't think I really got much more influence from the engineer type things you mentioned than music. My primary forms of influence were others kids in elementary school, television, and the internet.

-I'd agree with the absurdist, though, not from the Japanese because I have pretty minimal Japanese influence in my upbringing. Mainly the that would be from the engineer/science mindset I've always had and grown to like.

-I like challenging convention, but I probably never made that connection with music because I rarely listen to the words. When I listen to music, I just like to hear cool sounds, and patterns that can set a mood or remind me of a mood. Rarely do I actually listen to the words, or think about them, which is why I'd guess I never connected challenging convention and music.

-I like wearing black and like my peace and quiet but I think that's as far as the emo thing ever went with me. Possibly a little bit of rebellious youth from having parents that could never admit they were wrong even when they made mistakes.

-I chose science and fiction probably, instead of math, music, religion, sports, or politics.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #284185
mkodama

And now hizhiness has me making long pasts.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #284186
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
And now hizhiness has me making long pasts.
You mad.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #284187
mkodama

Quote:
Not in the least, I've had really smart people call me stupid which actually hurts. And anyone observing me could call me out for playing a somewhat similar intellectual chess game, but arguing the side of a more varied approach (yet in a very narrow minded manner, lol).

Look, you could do what he does. You know an f-load about these machines and could pick on people more, but, you're bigger than that, even by making fun of people subtly (cough cough ahem) instead of trying to belittle them by reciting a bunch of stuff you read somewhere else. You might laugh at someone but you don't validate yourself to yourself by trying to make them look stupid and towering over people in this arena. He's a douche. I bet he is a mama's boy. The smartest people around know there's always a way they haven't considered or someone smarter... His will to be the final word is rather pathetic and transparent, I kind of feel bad for him.
lol, I'm like the unreserved Kalim that's not quite as big, figuratively and physically. My infractions demonstrate the difference of being bigger.

Mango though, he really doesn't know that much. He has no mindset for research, for materials, for judgement, etc... He just kinda reads and repeats the most common views of the forum, whether they be right or wrong.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #284188
mkodama

Quote:
"You mad" almost never means you're actually mad; rather its purpose is to goad you into writing a lot of words that no one will care to read. lol
But you know this already, don't you?

You're lucky I care.

I honestly think the smarter you get, the more it behooves you to humble. At some point you begin to realize how little you know, and further that you don't even know how little you know. Pretending otherwise is just that -- pretense. Maybe? I don't know.
Good post. I agree.

I don't know if I've become more humble, but learning more has definitely made me more cautious and indefinite with what I say on the forum. I'm much more likely to say something like "I'd think," "It's likely," "It's probably," etc... than "YOUR PROBLEM IS YOUR COOLING SYSTEM, REPLACE NAO!"

Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #284189
Wes

there's a whole lot of tl;dr up in here
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #284190
mkodama

Quote:
You mad.
Stahp,

U madder.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #284191
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
there's a whole lot of tl;dr up in here
Hizhiney started it. *points at the man over there*

Old 12-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #284192
cyberkaa

Quote:
Good post. I agree.

I don't know if I've become more humble, but learning more has definitely made me more cautious and indefinite with what I say on the forum. I'm much more likely to say something like "I'd think," "It's likely," "It's probably," etc... than "YOUR PROBLEM IS YOUR COOLING SYSTEM, REPLACE NAO!"

Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #284193
cyberkaa

Quote:
Stahp,

U madder.
:mkodrama:

Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #284194
mkodama

Quote:
:mkodrama:
ding dong!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #284195
cyberkaa

Quote:
ding dong!
Just thinking about it makes me chuckle. lol

Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #284196
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
All I want is for the pats to spank the texans and the niners to beat the pats so I can rub it in Chad's face

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #284197
cyberkaa

Bleh, early morning meetings. I'm out like a trout.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #284198
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
bye, goodnight

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #284199
mkodama

Just reading through Mango's cooling thread, I think it's pretty lame for a sticky.

-Mileage is a horrible way to go about changing a lot of that stuff. No, grease will not "dry up" in 60,000 miles. With some people's driving habits, than less than 2 years of driving.
-Why can't you actually diagnose parts instead of blindly replacing them?
-35,000 mile belts? Where the hell did he come up with that number? Belts easily do a lot more than that even in nasty conditions...
-Speaking of numbers, where does he get this information from? His anus? There are no sources to any info.
-He says replace everything, but then he omits some of the cooling system hoses that see full system pressure and connect directly to the block. The hose that exploded on Jay's car is one of those hoses he didn't list anywhere.
-Seriously diagnose stuff, why randomly replace a fan clutch when you can diagnose to see if it's good? How will you know if your new fan clutch is working properly?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #284200
mkodama

Quote:
Just thinking about it makes me chuckle. lol
the fact that the posts of me responding to him got deleted and his didn't shows and immense amount of favoritism. I said something like "Temper temper chris, attacking other forum members is against forum rules and that will get you banned."

Tags
>implying the e9x is good, '02-'05 grandpas, '06 gods, '07 og's, '08 n00bs, '09 working class, '10 plebeians, '11 master race, '11 peasants, class of, norcal, norcal gen chaaaaat, norcal general chat