E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 140 votes, 4.32 average.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #14021
brediv12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UCSB/Bay Area
Posts: 19,553
My Ride: Pista/e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBz View Post
took a shiit.
Hurry up dduuuudee

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jay- View Post
i'm down and kalim and amit were too, i think.
Lets do it!
__________________
- Lane

EUROPROJEKTZ - NorCal Chapter


brediv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #14022
-Jay-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 24,409
My Ride: 06 X3 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to -Jay-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane M-K View Post
Lets do it!
when though?
cuz i think kalim is going to socal this weekend
__________________
-Jay- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #14023
koven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21,356
My Ride: 330Ci
bumper situation turning into a disaster..so stressful....
__________________
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #14024
TKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Jose, CA & Dallas, TX
Posts: 20,231
My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
bumper situation turning into a disaster..so stressful....
oh no wtf?! are we going to have to get a group drive together and go to someone's house?!
__________________
EUROPROJEKTZ - Director, NorCal Chapter
TKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #14025
-Jay-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 24,409
My Ride: 06 X3 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to -Jay-
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKC View Post
oh no wtf?! are we going to have to get a group drive together and go to someone's house?!
to the east coast?
__________________
-Jay- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #14026
-Jay-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 24,409
My Ride: 06 X3 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to -Jay-
Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
bumper situation turning into a disaster..so stressful....
what happened now?
is he not gonna split with you?
__________________
-Jay- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #14027
koven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21,356
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKC View Post
oh no wtf?! are we going to have to get a group drive together and go to someone's house?!
lol.. i wish he was close enough, i'm slowly finding out things that are making it worse and worse.... i think this guy just fvcked me and pretty much knew it

anyway.. here's what i found out..

- he didnt even paint it right, he sprayed jet black on top of brand new silver gray paint..... u can see it under the chipped parts.. its like fkn shiny silver gray.. never been sanded/primered

- the crack is unrepairable cus it's almost all the way through... it can be touched up & reinforced but i'll still have a crack in those 2 spots after paint

- so the main issue with fitting m3 bumpers on non-m is how it sits at the fenders.. m3 bumpers are too wide so it wont match up... NOSS-M never told me exactly how he got it to fit.. but i have a feeling he just cut the re-bar and bent the sides in ( causing stress at the parts that cracked ) .. cus the fender edge of the bumper is untouched.. and he said this was custom fitted already, there's no other way he could have done it.. if this is true that means he had a hump where the spots cracked... but ive never seen close-up shots of it installed on his car


im gonna get it test fitted first at my neighbor's place tomo... to see if it even fits.. then i'll deal w/ paint/repair quotes...

its not looking good though.. this is a nightmare
__________________

Last edited by koven; 04-02-2009 at 12:40 AM.
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #14028
koven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21,356
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jay- View Post
what happened now?
is he not gonna split with you?
im not sure, still need to get him the quote
__________________
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #14029
FromE55toM5
Registered User
 
FromE55toM5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: W. Sacramento CA.
Posts: 10,898
My Ride: 6spd E60 ///M5
damn...sorry to see what happened to your bumper James
__________________


Previous Whips:
330ci | ///M3 | E55

Endless Auto Body
FromE55toM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #14030
koven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21,356
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by from330citom3 View Post
damn...sorry to see what happened to your bumper James
yah.. its looking worse and worse

he fvcked me good
__________________
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #14031
koven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21,356
My Ride: 330Ci
and being laid off just makes it that much worse
__________________
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #14032
koven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21,356
My Ride: 330Ci
fml
__________________
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #14033
FromE55toM5
Registered User
 
FromE55toM5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: W. Sacramento CA.
Posts: 10,898
My Ride: 6spd E60 ///M5
if you were local this dude could help you solve your problem http://www.bumpertherapy.com/
__________________


Previous Whips:
330ci | ///M3 | E55

Endless Auto Body
FromE55toM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #14034
Ervin87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA (Santa Clara)
Posts: 7,477
My Ride: E92 M3 | S4 | E30
Send a message via AIM to Ervin87
Good luck with everything man.
__________________
EUROPROJEKTZ - NorCal Chapter


Ervin (Bay Area Detailer)
Ervin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #14035
hypnotiq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 15,515
My Ride: Yayo White 3
Koven, as long as you paid using credit card you can get your money back, most likely. If you used a credit card, which did you use? I've had to deal with paypal, and making a claim a ton of times, so hit me up if you need help/advice.

I hope things work out without having to go that route, but it looks like you might have to.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 977 View Post
Red CF? Where is your god now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
I wish I could have watched you whack it. Maybe you can help me with mine.
hypnotiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #14036
shyse46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: san jose
Posts: 69
My Ride: 330ci
im sorry james, i didnt know that the situation would go like that...if you want ill try to talk my friend down some more on the body work
__________________
shyse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #14037
koven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21,356
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyse46 View Post
im sorry james, i didnt know that the situation would go like that...if you want ill try to talk my friend down some more on the body work
its ok man.. not ur problem at all, thanks for having ur guy look at it

i dont even wanna think about it anymore tonight... its causing me hella stress lol

i'll think of a plan tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotiq View Post
Koven, as long as you paid using credit card you can get your money back, most likely. If you used a credit card, which did you use? I've had to deal with paypal, and making a claim a ton of times, so hit me up if you need help/advice.

I hope things work out without having to go that route, but it looks like you might have to.
thanks pranay, i paid with my bofa visa... i think its still early to open the claim but i'll let u know when i do

i think he is willing to reimburse me... but i'll find out for sure when i get him the quote, it's not gonna be pretty lol
__________________
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #14038
-Jay-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 24,409
My Ride: 06 X3 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to -Jay-
Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
lol.. i wish he was close enough, i'm slowly finding out things that are making it worse and worse.... i think this guy just fvcked me and pretty much knew it

anyway.. here's what i found out..

- he didnt even paint it right, he sprayed jet black on top of brand new silver gray paint..... u can see it under the chipped parts.. its like fkn shiny silver gray.. never been sanded/primered

- the crack is unrepairable cus it's almost all the way through... it can be touched up & reinforced but i'll still have a crack in those 2 spots after paint

- so the main issue with fitting m3 bumpers on non-m is how it sits at the fenders.. m3 bumpers are too wide so it wont match up... NOSS-M never told me exactly how he got it to fit.. but i have a feeling he just cut the re-bar and bent the sides in ( causing stress at the parts that cracked ) .. cus the fender edge of the bumper is untouched.. and he said this was custom fitted already, there's no other way he could have done it.. if this is true that means he had a hump where the spots cracked... but ive never seen close-up shots of it installed on his car


im gonna get it test fitted first at my neighbor's place tomo... to see if it even fits.. then i'll deal w/ paint/repair quotes...

its not looking good though.. this is a nightmare
damn. that is a nightmare.
sorry james.
__________________
-Jay- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #14039
hypnotiq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 15,515
My Ride: Yayo White 3
So imo you should have him cover the cost of a m3 rear bumper and getting it painted.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 977 View Post
Red CF? Where is your god now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
I wish I could have watched you whack it. Maybe you can help me with mine.
hypnotiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #14040
shyse46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: san jose
Posts: 69
My Ride: 330ci
does anyone want to do a cruise this weekend?
__________________
shyse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
>implying the e9x is good, '02-'05 grandpas, '06 gods, '07 og's, '08 n00bs, '09 working class, '10 plebeians, '11 master race, '11 peasants, class of, norcal, norcal gen chaaaaat, norcal general chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use