E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 152 votes, 4.63 average.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #2001
Mo_Zhp

My Ride: Sedan E30 m20b25
Send a message via AIM to Mo_Zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how bad is your car?? your cars color = ftmfw
Thanks Matt.

My right front molding + bumper is scraped. Very noticeable.

Contacted insurance, i don't think i'll get covered.

"Any BMW I'll ever own has already been built."
Mo_Zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #2002
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Zhp View Post
I don't even know who little Jun is, sorry to hear tho. How bad was it?

Yea, mine was very minor, but still pissed me the hell off.

I was pulling out of my parking spot when i was leaving school, (I was parked backwards), i look both ways and very slowly pull out and out of nowhere this Honda crv comes from my right side and we both slam on the brakes, but it was too late.
That's xjunmoonx with the red sedan. Sounds like he totaled his fx35 and busted his pinky finger.

Sounds similar to what happened to my vtak buddy in the safeway parking lot. His bumper needed to be replaced and the other guy's Caddy didn't have a scratch.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #2003
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_BoyInBayArea View Post

ur an asss, lol.
So sue me for trying to inject some humor into a bad situation, haha.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #2004
cyberkaa

Quote:
Thanks Matt.

What's your coverage like? Keep pestering them until they take care of it.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #2005
Mo_Zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
That's xjunmoonx with the red sedan. Sounds like he totaled his fx35 and busted his pinky finger.

Sounds similar to what happened to my vtak buddy in the safeway parking lot. His bumper needed to be replaced and the other guy's Caddy didn't have a scratch.
oh damn, that sucksss.

Its funny, because the crv has a huge hallow plastic front bumper with no fogs or anything, so all it did was put a pretty big dent into it which can be popped out with your hand even. lol

And yes, it was a SHE.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #2006
-Jay-

My Ride: 06 X3 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to -Jay-
Quote:
So sue me for trying to inject some humor into a bad situation, haha.
ok, i'll sue you for 1 meeelllioon dollars.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #2007
-Jay-

Quote:
Thanks Matt.

that sucks.
why won't you get covered?
is it considered your fault?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #2008
cyberkaa

Quote:
oh damn, that sucksss.

Its funny, because the crv has a huge hallow plastic front bumper with no fogs or anything, so all it did was put a pretty big dent into it which can be popped out with your hand even. lol

And yes, it was a SHE.
Damn. Lucky her.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #2009
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
mmm....it's kind of a 50/50 situation but i think it is usally the fault of the person moving forward as they have a greater view of the situation rather then the person pulling out who usually has their view obstructed
Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #2010
Mo_Zhp

Quote:
that sucks.
why won't you get covered?
is it considered your fault?
Insurance agent told me the cost of repairs need to exceed $1,000 in order for insurance to cover because there is a $1000 deductible. And someone from my insurance is going to meet me up in the next couple of days to take pictures of the damages and also will be given a quote after inspections.

But its going to take a few weeks in order to really find who is going to cover what and how much..

Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #2011
cyberkaa

Quote:
ok, i'll sue you for 1 meeelllioon dollars.
Ok, j00 fail. Now j00 owe me court costs for frivolous lawsuit. A one dolla. Nao.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #2012
cyberkaa

Quote:
Insurance agent told me the cost of repairs need to exceed $1,000 in order for insurance to cover because there is a $1000 deductible. And someone from my insurance is going to meet me up in the next couple of days to take pictures of the damages and also will be given a quote after inspections.

But its going to take a few weeks in order to really find who is going to cover what and how much..
Damn, that's a huge deductible. In that case, it may just go on your record and raise your premium.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #2013
-Jay-

Quote:

damn
i suggest you get a sledgehammer and put $1000 worth of damage to the front bumper then.
did u make ur deductible that high so your monthly payments would be lower?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #2014
Mo_Zhp

Quote:
Damn, that's a huge deductible. In that case, it may just go on your record and raise your premium.
The damages are so minor that it probably won't as long as the damages aren't more than 750 dollars.

Quote:
damn
i suggest you get a sledgehammer and put $1000 worth of damage to the front bumper then.
did u make ur deductible that high so your monthly payments would be lower?
lol i might just do that, i need a new front bumper anyways. But i need to find out who was at fault..

And yea i probably made the deductible higher to reduce monthly payments. I'm a poor sob.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #2015
mcr_driver

Quote:

ahhh that's what you mean't i thought you meant as far as your driving record is concerned... well in that case smashy smashy maybe break a headlight or something? that should do the trick right there if anything...or maybe something to do with your brakes, rims, tire, alignment to rack the bill up?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #2016
-Jay-

Quote:
lol i might just do that, i need a new front bumper anyways. But i need to find out who was at fault..

And yea i probably made the deductible higher to reduce monthly payments. I'm a poor sob.
Quote:
ahhh that's what you mean't i thought you meant as far as your driving record is concerned... well in that case smashy smashy maybe break a headlight or something? that should do the trick right there if anything...or maybe something to do with your brakes, rims, tire, alignment to rack the bill up?
did u or the chick take pics at the scene?
if not you can totally get away with it, provided there were no witnesses.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #2017
Mo_Zhp

Quote:
Well i don't have a great record either, but 0 accidents. This is my first reported accident.

And come to think of it, i can't damage it more..They asked me exactly what the damages were this morning and i explained exactly what it was, they also recorded the conversation.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #2018
mcr_driver

damn oh well mo try to ding up the bumper some more so maybe they just though you miss-gauged the damage to the areas you said? but bleh hopefully you can get her back into shape asap bimmerfest is coming up
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #2019
Mo_Zhp

Quote:
damn oh well mo try to ding up the bumper some more so maybe they just though you miss-gauged the damage to the areas you said? but bleh hopefully you can get her back into shape asap bimmerfest is coming up
I don't know, i'll talk to some insurance people and see what the best way to handle this is.

But i don't think i'll be brining my car up to bimmerfest this year. I need to fix a few things on the car, and no money ftl.

Just trying to find a job again. In this economy, its fuking hard right now. I'll most likely roll with someone else.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #2020
J4K2onE46

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 ZCP
Send a message via AIM to J4K2onE46

Tags
:facepal:, albee has a small winky, albee haz euro sugar papi, albee the critter, albeee dirty syrup licker, apple pie, banhamr, butt rash, corn on pizza, dingleberry, eggs on burgers, hair club for raf, i still love lions, kalim has hairy palms, kpeng > all of you, kpeng is still among us., lapd-tommy not in la, lapd-tommy not in vegas, let my tommy go, oh hai., poo brown assault, raceland, showboobsplz, smilez >*, tiffs boobs drool, uglychicksftw, very chatty, worst thread evar