E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 181 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #165961
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
What wheels Kalim?

oh and
Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #165962
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
What wheels Kalim?

oh and
The 18x9.5" square setup I was talking about.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #165963
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Ordered. Should be there by Tuesday.
Nice, glad I was here to push you over the edge.....
Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #165964
Phanster

My Ride: old beemer
Sup Fockers........
Phanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #165965
Phanster

Been super busy getting s**t straight before I surrender this Fri..... Wtf is all this argument.... Go long to read .

Miss typo... I meant to long to read....

Last edited by Phanster; 02-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #165966
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
okay, soo here goes while i have a few minutes before work.

as far as teh performance thing... okay i thought you guys were considering it since Brian quoted that part of the article where it said performance, but if you aren't then okay. w/e, forget all teh performance stuff

normally i would consider the whole car as a package. but i thought we were speaking about the exterior strictly. but here's the thing, if you only do one aspect of the car, it becomes something else. performance only, that's a sleeper. kalim's car would be a fine example of a sleeper don't you think?

Brian I was comparing my car to yours as I think your car is OEM+. But do you even consider your car OEM+? if you don't then my counter argument to this counter will be pointless. lol.

i consider his car OEM+, but he does have some mods to make it so that doesn't include the ZHP bumpers. like the vented hood (aftermarket), wheels, m3 mirrors, etc.

it's just in your case, your car looks even more stock than stock lol and if you look completely stock, that's OEM. from the front, you are OEM+ but from the side and rear you are stock. then to add, you have a bunch of performance mods while the car looks stock. hence why i would put you in the sleeper category.

I used the tire comparison to show that I plus sized my tires on the m68s... therefore "plusing" them and since they are oem; OEM+ making the OEM stuff work that much more efficient.

again, this is performance related, not visually. so that just pushes you more into the sleep category than the OEM+

I guess what it comes down to is what your guys' distinction between different models are?
is it the motor? because you don't see the motor, & that is why my performance mods are negated. right? Is it interior? because again, not something you see from the outside.

it's not really our distinction. it's the manufacturer. if there were no difference, it wouldn't be called an M.

it's like you're asking why is an AMG an AMG. when you look at an M or an AMG, you instantly know the difference. for a non-m, it's not the same. they all look the same. only those that are "in the know" know that certain wheels and options (exterior only) go with what car or can't come on certain models. everyone else, would group all non-m's in the same group. it's until they go to look at the badge (if not deleted) that they know whether or not it's a 325/300/etc.

What i'm trying to get to is how are m3 exterior parts different from ZHP exterior parts? Neither of them came on MY 2001 330ci...

answered above

Hieu, you talk about Euro parts? Doesn't that article talk about euro parts on us models, and how that is considered OEM+?

would you like me to fine other articles? i told you, there are tons of them, i just chose the one with pictures lol

anyways, yes it talks about euro parts, but what it also says is that those parts help add to the OEM+ mantra, it doesn't define it.

Basically what it comes down to, and what I am asking you to reply to if you choose to is, what do you consider a change in model? keep in mind we already negated motor/suspension mods(right?)

For instance Brian said that Carrera 4s or w/e it was is different from the GT3-RS. What makes it different since we are just talking about exterior?

already answered

Let me give you an example, when you see a preface lift coupe with an mt2 bumper, do you ask yourself "how did that mt2 bumper that you dont' see on prefacelift coupes stock get onto that prefacelift coupe?"

When i ask myself that, I think that is OEM+.

that's because your definition of it is wrong. based on that, of course your answer would be that lol

because i'm a fanatic, i know that it's a mod lol. but if i wasn't, i wouldn't have noticed a thing.

it's kind of similar to you telling your girlfriend you just modded your car but you didn't tell her what, and it was the bumpers. she would be like it looks the same. unless she's really into cars. but i'm speaking like the generally public.

I'd understand more of what you guys are saying if my car was a facelifted coupe, then my car would yes, look like a ZHP clone. But it's a prefacelift coupe.

i think it's because you view your car as a specific model that is not offered anywhere else but the states. because there clearly is a clubsport model that has everything your car has + some (no hood though).

if i came from europe and saw your car, i would think it's a clubsport except it's missing the splitters and spoiler for some reason. not only that, i wouldn't know whether it's a 325 or 330 (until i see the badge, if you have it) because the clubsport was offered for both models.

Again, i'm not trying to stir the pot, i'm just bringing up points and what not. It's just me being bored. I hope not to offend anyone.

don't worry about it, i'm bored too lol

oh just a quick edit that came to mind. Brian you talk about m3s putting on csl or gtr parts and that making it OEM+ aren't csls and gtrs still m3s? what is the difference between my car and a zhp?
just one more question pertaining to distinction for you.

let's say kalim's car had ZHP wheels, was debadged, and had dark tints so you couldn't see through the interior. when you first look at the car, what do you see?

if you answered like how anyone else would. you can see why our group of cars is grouped in the same group and the M in a different category.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #165967
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbmwy2k View Post
Been super busy getting **** straight before I surrender this Fri..... Wtf is all this argument.... Go long to read .
don't worry about it, you wouldn't understand it anyways

Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #165968
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Nice, glad I was here to push you over the edge.....
What would I do without you?

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #165969
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbmwy2k View Post
Been super busy getting s**t straight before I surrender this Fri..... Wtf is all this argument.... Go long to read .

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #165970
Phanster

Um... I dont care about it. I just see all you Fockers just typing back n forth. I have more other sh.t to worry about then listening to all these grl talk..

Last edited by Phanster; 02-27-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #165971
sillieidiot

hey kalim, are you on aim?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #165972
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
hey kalim, are you on aim?
Nah, I don't go on at work. You can txt me if you want, but my phone sucks so I'm going to respond slowly. Fair warning.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #165973
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
i love how far this forum has come..

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=904972
Old 02-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #165974
cyberkaa

Ain't it grand?

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #165975
sillieidiot

Quote:
Nah, I don't go on at work. You can txt me if you want, but my phone sucks so I'm going to respond slowly. Fair warning.
lol i'll just wait until you get home. i don't think you can help me out at work anyways. it's regarding brian's tail lights.

seems the wiring from the retrofit is for a euro model. we had to add a rear fog light wire. but then there's this wire that go nowhere (but we need it), and there's a bulb out lol

i am hoping it's a ground issue like the recall lol

Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #165976
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
lol i'll just wait until you get home. i don't think you can help me out at work anyways. it's regarding brian's tail lights.

seems the wiring from the retrofit is for a euro model. we had to add a rear fog light wire. but then there's this wire that go nowhere (but we need it), and there's a bulb out lol

i am hoping it's a ground issue like the recall lol
lol, ok. Remind me in the evening.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #165977
Darkside213

My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
SUp guys? Totally off topic, the gf is looking for a new job. She's a RN, but has been working at a long term care facility in a more managerial type position. She's making about 67k and would like to make the same, she really HATES her job. Horrible boss, on call, etc. Its difficult for her because she has a one year old daughter. SOOOOO, if anyone knows anything please hit me up
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #165978
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
What would I do without you?
apparently nothing.......
Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #165979
Darkside213

My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
lol
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #165980
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
SUp guys? Totally off topic, the gf is looking for a new job. She's a RN, but has been working at a long term care facility in a more managerial type position. She's making about 67k and would like to make the same, she really HATES her job. Horrible boss, on call, etc. Its difficult for her because she has a one year old daughter. SOOOOO, if anyone knows anything please hit me up
damn that sucks. i'm assuming she can't move very far either. cause there are a couple new hospitals opening/or already opened around here that she could try applying for.

Tags
:facepal:, albee has a small winky, albee haz euro sugar papi, albee the critter, albeee dirty syrup licker, apple pie, banhamr, butt rash, corn on pizza, dingleberry, eggs on burgers, hair club for raf, i still love lions, kalim has hairy palms, kpeng > all of you, kpeng is still among us., lapd-tommy not in la, lapd-tommy not in vegas, let my tommy go, oh hai., poo brown assault, raceland, showboobsplz, smilez >*, tiffs boobs drool, uglychicksftw, very chatty, worst thread evar