E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 171 votes, 4.65 average.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #168661
Stanc3
Registered User
 
Stanc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yorba Linda, CA (Orange County)
Posts: 8,049
My Ride: 99' JB 328i
:p
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

- Albert Einstein
- Chad
Stanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #168662
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,838
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
hai guyz

you guys all have a mission... find me m3 (or zhp) steering wheel and round airbag for under $400 (max $450) before saturday
so that i can get both the m3 seats and the steering wheel installed at once with the help of val since i will be down in aliso viejo anyway to pick up the m3 seats

GO!


I'll find your M3 wheel if you find and replace the driver's window switch and door handle on my stepmom's W203, diagnose an electrical gremlin with the tail lights, and bake cupcakes I'm supposed to make this weekend for a birthday party.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #168663
sillieidiot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the OC
Posts: 44,150
My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
I'll find your M3 wheel if you find and replace the driver's window switch and door handle on my stepmom's W203, diagnose an electrical gremlin with the tail lights, and bake cupcakes I'm supposed to make this weekend for a birthday party.
lol the first 2 things i threw away last week cleaning my shed.
__________________
I like to reply to threads with 0 posts




Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #168664
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,518
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
I'll find your M3 wheel if you find and replace the driver's window switch and door handle on my stepmom's W203, diagnose an electrical gremlin with the tail lights, and bake cupcakes I'm supposed to make this weekend for a birthday party.
on the stepmom's w203 or your car?
because i have a "phantom" lights out warning on my dash for my car ... and it's probably bad contact points in the sockets
because no bulbs are out and everything functions normally
but as soon as i turn on my lights, the "lights out" warning comes on and stays on
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #168665
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 34,072
My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr
Hey guys. Who can recommend some good activities or restaurants around pasadena that could handle a lot of people. Im trying to plan an event or get together for the norcal caravan for bimmerfest
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #168666
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,991
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
I'll find your M3 wheel if you find and replace the driver's window switch and door handle on my stepmom's W203, diagnose an electrical gremlin with the tail lights, and bake cupcakes I'm supposed to make this weekend for a birthday party.
i like finding electrical gremlins.
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #168667
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,522
My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
on the stepmom's w203 or your car?
because i have a "phantom" lights out warning on my dash for my car ... and it's probably bad contact points in the sockets
because no bulbs are out and everything functions normally
but as soon as i turn on my lights, the "lights out" warning comes on and stays on
there is a recall out on that.... for the rear tails?
__________________
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #168668
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,518
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdown View Post
Hey guys. Who can recommend some good activities or restaurants around pasadena that could handle a lot of people. Im trying to plan an event or get together for the norcal caravan for bimmerfest
old town pasadena is full of nice restaurants
but yeah, finding one that can accommodate a big party might be a hassle
and i'm assuming people don't want to shell out too much money either
i went to a restaurant with a huge party for a wedding rehearsal dinner that had good food and an separate windowed room that could accommodate a big party... will get you a name soon


so supposedly the z4 seats are direct plug-n-play into e46's

wtb
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #168669
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,518
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
there is a recall out on that.... for the rear tails?
orly?
yes, tail lights

i haven't been to the dealership in years so ... did not know
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #168670
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,518
My Ride: is totaled
drewdown

villa sorriso was where we went for the wedding rehearsal dinner
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/77997/...rriso-Pasadena
http://www.sorrisopasadena.com/
italian food

how big of a party are you expecting?
... and are you guys coming from santa barbara all the way to pasadena?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #168671
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,522
My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
orly?
yes, tail lights

i haven't been to the dealership in years so ... did not know
yeah, search the forum, there is a thread about it somewhere. or just call the dealer, make an appointment...

I had mine done years and years ago. The dealer said they would not fix it because it was not part of the CPO or under warranty, even though I had a TSB on it.

I complained and complained and complained for a couple days, they finally got approval to fix it, so I went back.
__________________
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #168672
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 34,072
My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
drewdown

villa sorriso was where we went for the wedding rehearsal dinner
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/77997/...rriso-Pasadena
http://www.sorrisopasadena.com/
italian food

how big of a party are you expecting?
... and are you guys coming from santa barbara all the way to pasadena?
thanks, thats probably a bit over what we're looking for. We probably want something more casual and cheap... I think someone suggested the Yard House in Tim's thread... or maybe theres like a food truck meet or something? The problem is our amount of guests is unknown at this point and if we do end up having to make reservations then Id be worried about people flaking.

Well we should be brining about 100 down from norcal, but probably not everyone would be coming out with us.

What about activities? Any go kart tracks nearby or something like that?
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #168673
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,518
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
yeah, search the forum, there is a thread about it somewhere. or just call the dealer, make an appointment...

I had mine done years and years ago. The dealer said they would not fix it because it was not part of the CPO or under warranty, even though I had a TSB on it.

I complained and complained and complained for a couple days, they finally got approval to fix it, so I went back.
hmm
what are the chances i will get mine replaced under the TSB? 11 year old car with 157k+ miles
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #168674
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,518
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdown View Post
thanks, thats probably a bit over what we're looking for. We probably want something more casual and cheap... I think someone suggested the Yard House in Tim's thread... or maybe theres like a food truck meet or something? The problem is our amount of guests is unknown at this point and if we do end up having to make reservations then Id be worried about people flaking.

Well we should be brining about 100 down from norcal, but probably not everyone would be coming out with us.

What about activities? Any go kart tracks nearby or something like that?
yard house is cool
but .. that place is usually already packed as it is

why pasadena?
is there a reason why you want to go to pasadena?



maybe johnny rockets for really casual
or gordon biersch brewery right next to it for a little nicer
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 03-26-2012 at 04:54 PM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #168675
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 34,072
My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
yard house is cool
but .. that place is usually already packed as it is

why pasadena?
is there a reason why you want to go to pasadena?



maybe johnny rockets for really casual
or gordon biersch brewery right next to it for a little nicer
cause bimmerfest is in passadena. idk, I guess we could go somewhere nearby if you have better suggestions
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #168676
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,518
My Ride: is totaled
oh
lol
i thought bimmerfest was always in SB
i guess i have to go if it's in pasadena this year


Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
yeah, search the forum, there is a thread about it somewhere. or just call the dealer, make an appointment...

I had mine done years and years ago. The dealer said they would not fix it because it was not part of the CPO or under warranty, even though I had a TSB on it.

I complained and complained and complained for a couple days, they finally got approval to fix it, so I went back.
http://www.***********/tsb/bulletin_b302825/
is it this?

hmm auto md .com is no good here?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #168677
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 34,072
My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
oh
lol
i thought bimmerfest was always in SB
i guess i have to go if it's in pasadena this year




http://www.***********/tsb/bulletin_b302825/
is it this?

hmm auto md .com is no good here?
yeah it has been for the past for the past 2 years
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #168678
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 19,121
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdown View Post
yeah it has been for the past for the past 2 years
He's a n00b only 1051 post
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #168679
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,522
My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
hmm
what are the chances i will get mine replaced under the TSB? 11 year old car with 157k+ miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
oh
lol
i thought bimmerfest was always in SB
i guess i have to go if it's in pasadena this year

http://www.***********/tsb/bulletin_b302825/
is it this?

hmm auto md .com is no good here?


good god, and you have been on this forum longer than me...... for a lawyer you are not very good at digging up stuff....

hello? it's a recall.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...nounces+recall
__________________

Last edited by cd330; 03-26-2012 at 06:18 PM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #168680
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,838
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Lawyer just got moderated.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
:facepal:, albee has a small winky, albee haz euro sugar papi, albee the critter, albeee dirty syrup licker, apple pie, banhamr, butt rash, corn on pizza, dingleberry, eggs on burgers, hair club for raf, i still love lions, kalim has hairy palms, kpeng > all of you, kpeng is still among us., lapd-tommy not in la, lapd-tommy not in vegas, let my tommy go, oh hai., poo brown assault, raceland, showboobsplz, smilez >*, tiffs boobs drool, uglychicksftw, very chatty, worst thread evar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use