E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 134 votes, 4.58 average.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #172701
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,806
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Ed reminds me of that rather old Immodium commercial where the juror was in absolute, utter discomfort and the voice-over was singing "Gotta go! Gotta go!" and at the judge didn't know what the heck was going on; and at the end of the commercial, the juror was relieved and the song goes "And I don't have to go right now!" Whew, such a relief.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #172702
cyberkaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
Posts: 136,482
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
I remember that, well mostly the jingle, lol.
__________________
-Kalim
(klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #172703
sillieidiot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the OC
Posts: 44,065
My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
i don't want to put on m3 mirrors anymore. stupid retrofit is a ***** to do on my car. damn i wish it was just pnp
__________________
I like to reply to threads with 0 posts




Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #172704
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,086
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
Ed reminds me of that rather old Immodium commercial where the juror was in absolute, utter discomfort and the voice-over was singing "Gotta go! Gotta go!" and at the judge didn't know what the heck was going on; and at the end of the commercial, the juror was relieved and the song goes "And I don't have to go right now!" Whew, such a relief.
i have no idea what you are talking about...

but immodium AD is a godsend for people with diarrhea problems like me

Posted from Skyrocket using BimmerApp
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #172705
TheCarLessDriven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 13,879
My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
man, i've been wanting to try crossfit, but its $$$$.

how long aree you usually in there for a day?
You dont need to sign up with a gym. Grab some free weights, and go throw them around outside in the grass. Do kettle bell swings with some plate weights (or actual kettlebells if you can get some) jump, crawl and climb. You dont need to buy a membership to be able to do these things.
__________________
himynameisfrank
flickr

"SGC > than your general chat"
TheCarLessDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #172706
SL Blak Soldier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodland Hills < SFV < LA < SoCal
Posts: 27,358
My Ride: 2001 3 Pedal M54b30
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLessDriven View Post
You dont need to sign up with a gym. Grab some free weights, and go throw them around outside in the grass. Do kettle bell swings with some plate weights (or actual kettlebells if you can get some) jump, crawl and climb. You dont need to buy a membership to be able to do these things.
lol. i have a gym membership and use it 5 times a week.

i've just been wanting to try crossfit specifically.


I just learned a great lesson today.

don't trust your temp gauges! my dad's van randomly died just an hour or two ago. i jus got home. What had happen was one of the rad hoses bust, ditching all the coolant and the car died. my dad checked the temp gauge it read normal. the sensor in this car is apparently in a weird place and where the hose bust is also weird because it obviously overheated but read the correct temp! just a coincidence of what hoses broke.
__________________
SL Blak Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #172707
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,797
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
lol. i have a gym membership and use it 5 times a week.

i've just been wanting to try crossfit specifically.


I just learned a great lesson today.

don't trust your temp gauges! my dad's van randomly died just an hour or two ago. i jus got home. What had happen was one of the rad hoses bust, ditching all the coolant and the car died. my dad checked the temp gauge it read normal. the sensor in this car is apparently in a weird place and where the hose bust is also weird because it obviously overheated but read the correct temp! just a coincidence of what hoses broke.
ohoh did he fry his engine?
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #172708
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,797
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #172709
SL Blak Soldier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodland Hills < SFV < LA < SoCal
Posts: 27,358
My Ride: 2001 3 Pedal M54b30
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
naa, it didn't want to start for a while, but once it cool down it ran fine.
__________________
SL Blak Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #172710
cyberkaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
Posts: 136,482
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
lol. i have a gym membership and use it 5 times a week.

i've just been wanting to try crossfit specifically.


I just learned a great lesson today.

don't trust your temp gauges! my dad's van randomly died just an hour or two ago. i jus got home. What had happen was one of the rad hoses bust, ditching all the coolant and the car died. my dad checked the temp gauge it read normal. the sensor in this car is apparently in a weird place and where the hose bust is also weird because it obviously overheated but read the correct temp! just a coincidence of what hoses broke.
Needs oil temp + water temp gauges.
__________________
-Kalim
(klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #172711
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,797
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
That's good. Warped engines blow. Ask me how I know.

<3 RAF
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #172712
TheCarLessDriven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 13,879
My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
lol. i have a gym membership and use it 5 times a week.

i've just been wanting to try crossfit specifically.


I was just addressing your concern with it being "$$$$".
__________________
himynameisfrank
flickr

"SGC > than your general chat"
TheCarLessDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #172713
SL Blak Soldier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodland Hills < SFV < LA < SoCal
Posts: 27,358
My Ride: 2001 3 Pedal M54b30
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLessDriven View Post
I was just addressing your concern with it being "$$$$".
I seee

Sent from my DROID Pro using Bimmer App
__________________
SL Blak Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #172714
chivo328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,532
My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Hey Raf did you say you had run 245 18's on all four corners on your e46?
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #172715
TheCarLessDriven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 13,879
My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
Hey Raf did you say you had run 245 18's on all four corners on your e46?
Im sure he has, that is nothing. You can fit 265's easily.
__________________
himynameisfrank
flickr

"SGC > than your general chat"
TheCarLessDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #172716
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,086
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
getting the EARLY early bird parking special (before 7:30am) ... sadly i am tricking myself into believing that this is a good thing
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #172717
chivo328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,532
My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLessDriven View Post
Im sure he has, that is nothing. You can fit 265's easily.
I'm running 235/30/18's on an 8.5" inch rim with H&R sport cup kit and have no rubbing issues what-so-ever now but don't like the ammount of stretch on the tire.

I wanted to go 245/30/18 but it looks like they don't make that size so I'd have to go with a 245/35/18 but I'm not sure if I would have clearance issues, my fenders aren't rolled. I'd also like to keep it a square set up so I can rotate.
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #172718
mcr_driver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 27,323
My Ride: my favorite two feet
chad sexed me with jizzjjizz...
__________________
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ken10hm2.jpg
mcr_driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #172719
Darkside213
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pomona, CA
Posts: 3,642
My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
Send a message via AIM to Darkside213
Morning guys, how goes it?
__________________
"I didn't understand women when I was growing up. God rewarded me with three girls. That's how I came to the conclusion that God is not only female, but a teenager."
Vouch for: nitro3421
Vouches from: nitro3421


Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #172720
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,797
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
I'm running 235/30/18's on an 8.5" inch rim with H&R sport cup kit and have no rubbing issues what-so-ever now but don't like the ammount of stretch on the tire.

I wanted to go 245/30/18 but it looks like they don't make that size so I'd have to go with a 245/35/18 but I'm not sure if I would have clearance issues, my fenders aren't rolled. I'd also like to keep it a square set up so I can rotate.
Yeah, I ran 245/xx/18 on 8.5 and was pretty low; had very very little rubbing issues. Since yours is a coupe and a little higher up you should have no problems at all. I still have all 4 tires and rims mounted if you want to test fit.

Side note: currently running 245/40/19 on 9.5 et27 that tire is way to tall to be run on 19s. Would also be better off with a higher et just FYI.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
:facepal:, albee has a small winky, albee haz euro sugar papi, albee the critter, albeee dirty syrup licker, apple pie, banhamr, butt rash, corn on pizza, dingleberry, eggs on burgers, hair club for raf, i still love lions, kalim has hairy palms, kpeng > all of you, kpeng is still among us., lapd-tommy not in la, lapd-tommy not in vegas, let my tommy go, oh hai., poo brown assault, raceland, showboobsplz, smilez >*, tiffs boobs drool, uglychicksftw, very chatty, worst thread evar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use