E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.19 average.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #178821
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
The conversion is $40K? Or is that for everything?
For CSL bits and some of the labor. Car sold separately.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #178822
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
I want a 190E. Stupid Miles. And the F31 would make for a beautiful daily driver. The Fit will stay in the family; perhaps passed down to my dad, but I will never, ever, ever let it go, and I'll take it back when he gets tired of it.
Interesting. So the 190E would be the project car then. But what sort of project?

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #178823
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
For CSL bits and some of the labor. Car sold separately.
Eew, not interested. I'll make a CSL look-alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #178824
albeee

Quote:
Interesting. So the 190E would be the project car then. But what sort of project?
I just want it to look like the Evo II. I guess a little restomod, nothing more. When I get tired of it, then I'll sell it on.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #178825
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
well, I don't need it yet. Most likely tues/wed.... that apparently is D-Day.

IC. that sucks. you must be accustomed to getting rammed in the rear with no cushion....
first they have to catch me to ram me.
evilstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #178826
cyberkaa

Quote:
Eew, not interested. I'll make a CSL look-alike.
Oh. How lame.
You could Vorsteiner ALL THE THINGS for a more reasonable price.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #178827
evilstar

Quote:
I want a 190E. Stupid Miles. And the F31 would make for a beautiful daily driver. The Fit will stay in the family; perhaps passed down to my dad, but I will never, ever, ever let it go, and I'll take it back when he gets tired of it.
why? srsly why so in love? I predict this will not hold true at some point you will want to get rid of it. I dont think it will be to far down the line either. and if your dad has a z4 why would he use the fit instead? not looking to talk poop just wondering.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #178828
cyberkaa

Quote:
I just want it to look like the Evo II. I guess a little restomod, nothing more. When I get tired of it, then I'll sell it on.
So no engine work, roll cage, track days?

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #178829
evilstar

Quote:
:stanceworks:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #178830
evilstar

Quote:
Oh. How lame.
i heard they stopped making some of the parts is that info incorrect?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #178831
albeee

Quote:
Oh. How lame.
I really just want the bumpers and the tunk. Oh, mebbeh the roof. The wheels can be the ZCP ones, I don't care. And I would get the rep CSL airbachs.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #178832
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
:stanceworks:
Perfect for SGC's little stanced hater panda.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #178833
cyberkaa

Quote:
i heard they stopped making some of the parts is that info incorrect?
Publicly, yes, that's the official word.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #178834
cyberkaa

Quote:
I really just want the bumpers and the tunk. Oh, mebbeh the roof. The wheels can be the ZCP ones, I don't care. And I would get the rep CSL airbachs.
Once you get the bumpers, tunk, and wheels, you look like half of the other modded E46 M3s.
The roof and airbachs would get you a little more credibility, especially since the roof does make a difference in handling (over the sunroof variant), and the aiirbachs adds hp and that glorious sound.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #178835
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
I see. I hope everything goes better than expected. :/
yeah, well.... apparently things that were set in stone this morning have changed once again. Now it could be weeks.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #178836
albeee

Quote:
why? srsly why so in love? I predict this will not hold true at some point you will want to get rid of it. I dont think it will be to far down the line either. and if your dad has a z4 why would he use the fit instead? not looking to talk poop just wondering.
I love the car. It's so efficient and just overall suited for what I do, which is a lot of driving around in heavy city traffic, hauling bits and bobs (nothing too big like lumber or band equipment), or going camping/cycling for the weekend. I'm very picky, but once I get what I want, I keep it for a long time, and this Fit is exactly what I want.

My dad has a Z4 and an Exploder, and while the Exploder still looks very good for its age, it's at the point where it no longer makes sense to keep dumping money into it for repairs. He just had the transmission rebuilt, which is still cheaper than a car payment, but it has a lot of miles. The gas bill for that is also pretty poor. The Z4 is practically mine-the only time it ever gets driven is when I drive it, and I perform all the maintenance/detailing/repairs on it. He's already expressed interest in the Fit, and he wants his Mustang convertible. So I'm essentially going to swap the Fit for his Z4 in the near future, but I don't feel good or bad about it. As long as the Fit stays and I get the cars I want, I'm happy.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #178837
albeee

Quote:
Once you get the bumpers, tunk, and wheels, you look like half of the other modded E46 M3s.
The roof and airbachs would get you a little more credibility, especially since the roof does make a difference in handling (over the sunroof variant), and the aiirbachs adds hp and that glorious sound.
Meh, doesn't bother me. Keep in mind I wanted my E46 to look like a stock European-spec car. Never really wanted anything too crazy with that car apart from the interior, and even then my milquetoastness prevailed.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #178838
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
yeah, well.... apparently things that were set in stone this morning have changed once again. Now it could be weeks.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #178839
evilstar

Quote:
I love the car. It's so efficient and just overall suited for what I do, which is a lot of driving around in heavy city traffic, hauling bits and bobs (nothing too big like lumber or band equipment), or going camping/cycling for the weekend. I'm very picky, but once I get what I want, I keep it for a long time, and this Fit is exactly what I want.

My dad has a Z4 and an Exploder, and while the Exploder still looks very good for its age, it's at the point where it no longer makes sense to keep dumping money into it for repairs. He just had the transmission rebuilt, which is still cheaper than a car payment, but it has a lot of miles. The gas bill for that is also pretty poor. The Z4 is practically mine-the only time it ever gets driven is when I drive it, and I perform all the maintenance/detailing/repairs on it. He's already expressed interest in the Fit, and he wants his Mustang convertible. So I'm essentially going to swap the Fit for his Z4 in the near future, but I don't feel good or bad about it. As long as the Fit stays and I get the cars I want, I'm happy.
Logical.

<3 Raf
Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #178840
cyberkaa

Quote:
Meh, doesn't bother me. Keep in mind I wanted my E46 to look like a stock European-spec car. Never really wanted anything too crazy with that car apart from the interior, and even then my milquetoastness prevailed.
I'm ok with this.

Quote:

Tags
:facepal:, albee has a small winky, albee haz euro sugar papi, albee the critter, albeee dirty syrup licker, apple pie, banhamr, butt rash, corn on pizza, dingleberry, eggs on burgers, hair club for raf, i still love lions, kalim has hairy palms, kpeng > all of you, kpeng is still among us., lapd-tommy not in la, lapd-tommy not in vegas, let my tommy go, oh hai., poo brown assault, raceland, showboobsplz, smilez >*, tiffs boobs drool, uglychicksftw, very chatty, worst thread evar