E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 163 votes, 4.64 average.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #184141
mcr_driver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 27,523
My Ride: my favorite two feet
hope it's an easy fix raf
__________________
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ken10hm2.jpg
mcr_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #184142
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,379
My Ride: is totaled
I tried lifting the contact point with my screw driver but doesn't seem to do much
Will give it one more try and then swing by the dealership for replacement socket
I know I replaced two of the sockets before in the early years... can't remember if it was front or rear

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #184143
mtnbound
Town Clown
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Yay Area
Posts: 15,078
My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
Forgot to tell you guys, we ran a break to stop the fwy on Saturday, this Audi R8, drives through our break. One of the officers yells at him, which makes him mad. He exits the fwy, gets back on and just guns it. He goes from the slow lane to the fast lane and I look toward one of the other officers and say "he's going to crash." Two mins later, we got the call. Wrecked his brand new Audi. Poetic justice
Can you cite him for running the break, reckless driving, speeding and being a total jackass?
__________________
**********************
Bay Area Top Dropper
Orient Blue 330 Ci Vert
**********************
mtnbound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #184144
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 19,043
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post


coils?
lol maybe the distributor cap or ingintion coil (singular lol ) not really sure. We will see this weekend, hopefully.

Last edited by evilstar; 11-20-2012 at 03:20 PM.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #184145
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 19,043
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
hope it's an easy fix raf
yeah me too. car has 200k miles what you going to do.


my e46 is clunking in the front driverside wheel i think its the control arm going to have to fix that too. so much diy an no money during the holidays. going to start selling sh!t.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #184146
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,379
My Ride: is totaled
Hmm
Should I apply for this work at home project over the thanksgiving weekend? Not sure I have enough time to do it all but it sure is tempting to get an extra paycheck

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #184147
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 19,043
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Had a friend who recently got a DUI. Hes looking for some input.

First off he knows he was in the wrong, he is not arguing that here is his story in short. Was during midterms had not been getting proper sleep working and studying. He was up early Friday for final, worked that day then went out at night instead of sleeping. He was at a sports bar watching a game, had a few drinks, went to a friends house after, on his way home he fell asleep at the wheel (2 blocks away from home) and hit a parked car. He knocked on the home owners door to let them know. They called the cops to report the incident he told them he had been drinking. They took him in and gave him a blood test next moring he was released and got a DUI citation. He has not gotten his police report yet so doesnt know what his Blood alchol % was.

Now again he understand what he did was wrong no arguing that. I still repeated to him how dumb he was for it and how he could have potentially killed someone. He messed upped twice one for driving tired and again for drinking on top. Things is he cant change the past but would like to deal with the consequences as best as possible. He is a good kid over all. I am suggesting he gets a lawyer, but he is afraid it wont be worth it. what are your suggestions, inexpereince with these kind of events? Can a lawyer benifit him, is it worth it?

Last edited by evilstar; 11-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #184148
chivo328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,538
My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
Had a friend who recently got a DUI. Hes looking for some input.

First off he knows he was in the wrong, he is not arguing that here is his story in short. Was during midterms had not been getting proper sleep working and studying. He was up early Friday for final, worked that day then went out at night instead of sleeping. He was at a sports bar watching a game, had a few drinks, went to a friends house after, on his way home he fell asleep at the wheel (2 blocks away from home) and hit a parked car. He knocked on the home owners door to let them know. They called the cops to report the incident he told them he had been drinking. They took him in and gave him a blood test next moring he was released and got a DUI citation. He has not gotten his police report yet so doesnt know what his Blood alchol % was.

Now again he understand what he did was wrong no arguing that. I still repeated to him how dumb he was for it and how he could have potentially killed someone. He messed upped twice one for driving tired and again for drinking on top. Things is he cant change the past but would like to deal with the consequences as best as possible. He is a good kid over all. I am suggesting he gets a lawyer, but he is afraid it wont be worth it. what are your suggestions, inexpereince with these kind of events? Can a lawyer benifit him, is it worth it?
If it is his first DUI no point is wasting money on a lawyer. Lawyer or not the outcome will be the same.
chivo328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #184149
sillieidiot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the OC
Posts: 44,135
My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
he shouldn't have said that he was drinking lol not supposed to admit anything, even if you know you were wrong.
__________________
I like to reply to threads with 0 posts




Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #184150
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,393
My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
he shouldn't have said that he was drinking lol not supposed to admit anything, even if you know you were wrong.
yep
__________________
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #184151
Darkside213
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 3,881
My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post
Can you cite him for running the break, reckless driving, speeding and being a total jackass?
Yes, yes, yes and no
__________________
"I didn't understand women when I was growing up. God rewarded me with three girls. That's how I came to the conclusion that God is not only female, but a teenager."
Vouch for: nitro3421
Vouches from: nitro3421
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #184152
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 19,043
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
he shouldn't have said that he was drinking lol not supposed to admit anything, even if you know you were wrong.
Well obviously but he was messed up from the crash and not thinking. lol good thing is no one was srsly injured. he had some ache but nothing compared to what it coud have been.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #184153
Darkside213
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 3,881
My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
The city attorney will probably offer him a deal: if he pleads guilty to a lesser charge then they drop the DUI but he'd still have to pay the fines and take the classes. But he wouldn't see jail time. Now it sounds like your friend is owning up to his shiz so if he just wants to own up to it, then just use the public defender. Hiring a lawyer is a waste of $$$. If he wants to fight it, you can still use the public defender or hire an attorney
__________________
"I didn't understand women when I was growing up. God rewarded me with three girls. That's how I came to the conclusion that God is not only female, but a teenager."
Vouch for: nitro3421
Vouches from: nitro3421
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #184154
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 19,043
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
The city attorney will probably offer him a deal: if he pleads guilty to a lesser charge then they drop the DUI but he'd still have to pay the fines and take the classes. But he wouldn't see jail time. Now it sounds like your friend is owning up to his shiz so if he just wants to own up to it, then just use the public defender. Hiring a lawyer is a waste of $$$. If he wants to fight it, you can still use the public defender or hire an attorney
he doesnt want to fight it. just lessen the trouble if he can. he was hoping reckless driving instead of DUI. hes ok with taking classes and paying fines. i think he just wants to avoid the stigma of DUI and lossing his lic. i have no experience with DUIs so i cant be of much help to him.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #184155
Darkside213
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 3,881
My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
then yeah dood, city attorney will probably offer him a wet reckless, no jail time, classes/fines. UNLESS the city attorney thinks his BAC was too high, then they might push for a more severe punishment but usually they'll offer the deal. Happens all the time. Did he do breath or blood?
__________________
"I didn't understand women when I was growing up. God rewarded me with three girls. That's how I came to the conclusion that God is not only female, but a teenager."
Vouch for: nitro3421
Vouches from: nitro3421
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #184156
sillieidiot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the OC
Posts: 44,135
My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
Well obviously but he was messed up from the crash and not thinking. lol good thing is no one was srsly injured. he had some ache but nothing compared to what it coud have been.
yeah, well that statement pretty much f'ed him over. if they want to be a dick about it and not drop/lessen the charge they can. i'd try to do what darkside suggested, and good luck to him.
__________________
I like to reply to threads with 0 posts




Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #184157
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!
 
choleaoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,743
My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
I got a ticket the other day for being so fine.
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #184158
Phanster
Registered User
 
Phanster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: so cal
Posts: 5,039
My Ride: old beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
he doesnt want to fight it. just lessen the trouble if he can. he was hoping reckless driving instead of DUI. hes ok with taking classes and paying fines. i think he just wants to avoid the stigma of DUI and lossing his lic. i have no experience with DUIs so i cant be of much help to him.
Lol... Sounds like he's scared of getting time, which he wont, unless he has prior records.
__________________



No Need to Kick a Man while he is Down - That's Just Cowardly!!
Phanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #184159
Phanster
Registered User
 
Phanster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: so cal
Posts: 5,039
My Ride: old beemer
That why I never drink and drive, or drive and drink. Lol... not worth it!
__________________



No Need to Kick a Man while he is Down - That's Just Cowardly!!
Phanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #184160
Stanc3
Registered User
 
Stanc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yorba Linda, CA (Orange County)
Posts: 8,049
My Ride: 99' JB 328i
I say don't drink and drive, you might spill your drink... Before you get behind the wheel, just stop and think!.. - NOFX


.
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

- Albert Einstein
- Chad

Last edited by Stanc3; 11-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Stanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
:facepal:, albee has a small winky, albee haz euro sugar papi, albee the critter, albeee dirty syrup licker, apple pie, banhamr, butt rash, corn on pizza, dingleberry, eggs on burgers, hair club for raf, i still love lions, kalim has hairy palms, kpeng > all of you, kpeng is still among us., lapd-tommy not in la, lapd-tommy not in vegas, let my tommy go, oh hai., poo brown assault, raceland, showboobsplz, smilez >*, tiffs boobs drool, uglychicksftw, very chatty, worst thread evar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use