E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
SNORCE

My Ride: 2005 ///M3
help me pick angle eyes

hey guys i've been looking for angel eyes and i've been searching but i cant make up my mind...should i get led or the ccfl???? what company should i get them from i've been looking at mcarr they look pretty good???and should i get them to turn on the alarm or when i put the corner light on??i wanna make a good choice so u guys tell me whats good and whats not give me some suggestions.....thanks
SNORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
LED - Orion V2 from Umnitza. Brightest out there and no issues that plague the CCFL line.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
//TRD power

My Ride: 3.0 | 200hp | 214trq
LEDs don't have start up/ballast issues and are goddamn bright! scares people shitless when they see 2 mean eyes on der a55! Perfect solution to the slow left lane highway fvcks!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
canaryM

My Ride: is strong like bull
MyCarr 62 LEDs....LOVE mine. We've been through this a million times....good luck actually picking one after everyone posts their opinions.

///Sport Package | Nav | Park Distance Control | LED tails
///M3 Lip spoiler | Adaptive Xenons | 62 LED Angel Eyes
canaryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
We're currently having an incredible clearance sale of $50 SHIPPED - within the 48 states - for either the MyCarr CCFL angel eyes or the MyCarr 30LED angel eyes!

If you want a set check out the thread or send over a PM:

eas | MYCARR CCFL Angel Eyes - $50 SHIPPED - Pre + Post Facelift
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9445510

eas | MYCARR 30LED Angel Eyes - $50 SHIPPED!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=650251

david @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
Anub!s

My Ride: e92M, e46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
LED for sure and find the cheapest. Looks like EAS is going postal on the prices!!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Recent Review:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=orion

Photos:

Quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///A View Post
Orion V2 is the best . so damn bright i rarely drive with the bi-xenons on. Just the V2s and HID fogs lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by KME View Post
The Orion V2s look great, best out there. Go with the V2s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdly_Studright View Post
orion v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iftwb View Post
Yep Orion V2, you won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I know there are some people who wouldn't agree with you, however I felt my experience with Matt went A+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbocaj55 View Post
I have the Orion V2's from Umnitza (60 LED). I paid the extra for the 4300k, which looks absolutely sick and very OEM looking. It's hard to get a good picture of them...but trust me, they're worth it! Plus Umnitza could possibly be the best people to deal with in my experience. Shipping is lightening fast...and if you have a problem with your kit (Mine happened to have one or two LED's that were on the fritz)...they will send you a replacement right away no questions asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin4 View Post
orion V2's 60 led's 6000k im tellin you, you wont be dissappointed...mad easy to install yourself too
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaja23 View Post
I agree. Orion V2 are engineered very well. So bright! :thumbsup2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samM376' View Post
I placed an order. I installed a kit for ItaliaM3 last night

They were so bright and looked so good that I had to place an order for version two and replace the Chromium lights I had

I also have seen the V1 in person and the V2 is possibly 50% brighter, its that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samM376' View Post
These are brighter then EAS I saw them side by side in person

But both trump all the old Predator and MYCARR for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel T View Post
I just installed mine. These are bright!

The product is really good quality overall, and the clipping system is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh_wa View Post
OK, finally got a couple of non-enhanced pics up of my V2's. These are awesome IMO. Definitely turned some heads. Pics don't do them justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEsq View Post
i've always knew this was going to be one of the best mods i've done to my car.

orion v2 (60 led) - $140
smoked corners - $50
All eyes on me - Priceless...

This is one of the cheapest mod and it truly only take 45 mins and i am an amateur..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1024m3 View Post
I installed mine today...they are soooo much brighter than my chromiums! I thought my chromiums looked great until I installed the V2's on one side and compared them. Night and day...pictures do not do them justice. My chromiums looked like they were yellow and barely turned on.
I like the way they are thicker and feel less fragile. Installation was a breeze.
I highly recommend these bad boys!
Thanks Matt
6000k fogs
Old 02-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium 325 View Post
LED - Orion V2 from Umnitza. Brightest out there and no issues that plague the CCFL line.
+1 look at my sig
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #9
Mike@F1 Autohaüs
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 330ci
LED angel eyes are the way to go.

Holla at me if you're looking into the Orion v2s and my customers can vouch on my customer service. I'm only a few states away from you btw

Mike@F1 Autohaüs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #10
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
^ Mike has kick ass prices...
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #11
SNORCE

ok thanks for all the suggestions guys it looks like ill be going with the LED Orion v2s then
Old 02-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
330ciandr6

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
what are angle eyes?
Old 02-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
Brinkley

My Ride: 99 328i, 07 z4 3.0
haha I was going to ask that!
Brinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
SNORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciandr6 View Post
what are angle eyes?
come on ur from O.F u should know this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkley View Post
haha I was going to ask that!

look at the pics above and look at the lights the round rings that go around the light
Old 02-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #15
neil1138

jesus christ. that E46 is sick

where can I find more pictures?

EDIT: found out its Chris Bergemann's car.

Last edited by neil1138; 02-21-2009 at 11:39 AM.
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
kpd1999

My Ride: Begins with an ///M
Definatly LED's. I got my V2's from Umnitza. Super fast shipping. I couldn't be happier.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #17
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
I would go with the LEDs if you have the budget. The LEDs are going to be brighter and easier to install, they are also more reliable as they do not use a ballast. We carry the MyCarr kits and have been very happy with their level of quality, fit and ease of installation. We have worked with MyCarr for about 4 years now and the continue to be the best source for angel eyes. Given their experience and the amount of revisions they have done over the years, their current kits are the best iteration of all of the improvements that have come out. As a company that was founded selling angel eye kits, we would be more than happy to help you decide on the correct kit and share our experiences over the years with the various kits that we have personally tested and carried.

MyCarr 62+ LED Angel Eye Kit
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
EABMW

My Ride: 330ci Vermouth Pckg
hit up koha and get the new 80 led. i love mine

Clears, Painted Reflectors, Tint, Ipod Spec doc
First ever e46 full cat back Stromung Exhaust, 80LED Angel Eyes, K&N 57i Series

1664 CC-Honor, Integrity, Dignity
EABMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #19
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
When you compare Mycarr and Orion, you only need to see 4 pictures to make up your mind:
Some photos:

Some Comments:
Quote:
Happened to mine. I DID have MyCarr 62LED angel eyes and over time, the heat emitted from my Bimmian Xenesis bulbs gradually melt the Angel Eye's backing. With time, that causes heat to penetrate to the circuit board, damaging the LEDs. The LEDS eventually short circuit and create more heat, damaging themselves and in the process, your AEs are then obviously damaged.

I've changed to Predator Orion V2 and I must honestly and truthly say that these are a much better product. I didn't believe it at first, but overal the build and design is much better. Resistors are located separately on a little black board to reduce heat accumulation on the actual AE ring themselves. This has a benefit of ensuring that the only heat accumulation the rings get are from the headlights. Also the backing is made from a tougher clear plastic than your average MyCarr AEs. The MyCarr AEs are made from a plastic that looks rather 'impure' and the backing looks like weak, both of which are more prone to melting.
Quote:
I had problems because I either i) put the AEs too close to my bulbs or ii) the backing on the MyCarr brand is sh*thouse. I just bought a set of Orion V2 and I can tell you now, the backing on the Predator Orions are much more reliable. Nevertheless, I've had experience with CCFL ones and they're aren't bad. Never had any problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milfalleyM3 View Post
:nono Sorry Pswirley, you've got it wrong this time. There's no photoshopping going on with these photos. I know what I saw when the two were compared side-by-side. I was there (that's me in the car!). The Umnitza Orion V2s (left) were undoubtedly brighter and better than the others (right). No question whatsoever. If you'll notice, the shadow on the ground to the left of the car indicates that the sun was shining from the right, which would illuminate the right half of the hood more than the left.

To everyone else: I'd watch out for users who post comments off the cuff, perhaps deceptive or slanderous, without knowing what they're talking about.

In my long quest to find the best angel eyes, I will search no further after installing the Umnitza Orion V2s. They are awesome. I've compared the V2s with competitive products both in, and out, of the car, and I can vouch for the superior quality of the V2s.

When it comes to angel eyes, look no further than Umnitza's Orion V2s.

-Niles
Old 03-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #20
HAMMAN330CI

My Ride: 330CI
Just placed an order these guys rock v2 all the way
HAMMAN330CI is offline   Reply With Quote