E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
Coldintake
Registered OG User

My Ride: Mid-engine beast
Socal Gun fanatics...

I'm looking for a rifle, where can I go to get one in Socal? Also, if that's not possible, any websites that have them in stock to ship?

Thanks, also if you dont want to post, please pm me.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
clemon

My Ride: '04 M3 SMG
online you can go to gunbroker.com
clemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
DinanBMW330

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to DinanBMW330
Can't you guys only have 10 round mags in Cali?

Andrew.

DinanBMW330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
xxcosmicxx
The OG Black Roof

My Ride: Long Gone
The Grant Boys (Grant's for Guns) in Costa Mesa...

edit: There is also a Turner's in Huntington Beach...
Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
9/10 online retailers will not ship to cali. That or they have some major restrictions. Make sure you read everything super carefully....the ATF is not a forgiving group.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Coldintake
Registered OG User

Thanks so far fellas.. any more input is appreciated.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
SD 328I

My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanBMW330 View Post
Can't you guys only have 10 round mags in Cali?
Yup, unless you had larger capacity magazines prior to the assault gun ban several years ago.

I have an AR-15 post ban, and required to run 10 round magazines, but they sell 10 round mags that are designed to look like 20/30 round magazines. At least that way our AR or AK47 doesn't look retarded.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Coldintake
Registered OG User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 328I View Post
Yup, unless you had larger capacity magazines prior to the assault gun ban several years ago.

I have an AR-15 post ban, and required to run 10 round magazines, but they sell 10 round mags that are designed to look like 20/30 round magazines. At least that way our AR or AK47 doesn't look retarded.
You seem like a guy I should talk to... do you have any info/input where I can find one instock?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
goofy10

My Ride: 1
goofy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
SD 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
You seem like a guy I should talk to... do you have any info/input where I can find one instock?
I bought mine before the Obama rush, now prices are fluffed up quite a bit.

I suggest you call you local Gun Shop and talk with them on what they have in stock and what they can get you, it can be a wait for some gunshops on ARs.

But what kinda of rifle do you want? An AR, or just any other type of rifle?

The problem with the AR-15 is that it is considered a "Assault Rifle" because it has a pistol grip and removable magazine. You can have a rifle with a pistol grip, but the magazine must be fixed. Or you can have removable magazine, but it must have a rifle grip instead of pistol.

To get over this, I installed a "bullet button", which makes it impossible to remove my AR magazine without a tool. In this case, a tip of a bullet, hense the name bullet button.

To get an AR right now, it's at least going to cost you around $1,000 or more from what I've seen. You can pick up non-AR rifles that work just as well, that still have that "tactical look", like the Keltec SU-16 for $500 or so.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
Hobbes
Nonsense Generator

My Ride: 2006 X5 4.8is
Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
Build an AR-15

Or get an M1-A

www.calguns.net
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
bioman

My Ride: is fast.
You could build your own for less than $1000.
bioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
www.ammobros.com
http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/
http://www.riflegear.com/default.aspx

All in Cali. They are all good to deal with. Check out metroshot for mag rebuilds. So you can rebuild those preban 30 round mags you "have"

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #14
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman View Post
You could build your own for less than $1000.
Not post Obama.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
Coldintake
Registered OG User

Also fellas, my main priority is for a place to have them in stock. I know this will be a bit more, but I don't have the patience to wait like 6 months lol.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
SD 328I

Quote:
Also fellas, my main priority is for a place to have them in stock. I know this will be a bit more, but I don't have the patience to wait like 6 months lol.
After speaking with my gunshop guy, you will have to wait even longer for a complete one and almost as long if you build it part by part. 8 month wait from Bushmaster, and almost as long on getting parts for a build. Lower, lower parts kit, uppers are nearly impossible to find, and if they have it in stock, you will get price gauged.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #17
Coldintake
Registered OG User

learthworml: Your pm is full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 328I View Post
After speaking with my gunshop guy, you will have to wait even longer for a complete one and almost as long if you build it part by part. 8 month wait from Bushmaster, and almost as long on getting parts for a build. Lower, lower parts kit, uppers are nearly impossible to find, and if they have it in stock, you will get price gauged.
Damn.. alright i'm going to do some massive research.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #18
Coldintake
Registered OG User

Question... let's say I buy a gun from outside the state. Does it have to be CA-legal before it gets sent here or can my FFL make the adjustments and everything still be legal?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #19
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

Quote:
Question... let's say I buy a gun from outside the state. Does it have to be CA-legal before it gets sent here or can my FFL make the adjustments and everything still be legal?
You are making thigns way too complicated. Buy a lower from one of the places I posted. Buy a lower parts kit, but a stock and upper. It won't take you long to purchase all those. Go on youtube and learn how to put it all together. Put it all together in 30 min and you have yourself an AR-15. If you don't want to put it together, take it to a gunsmith and have them put it together for 50 bucks. I posted 2 places that have AR's availible.

SQ sound system
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #20
K:^P

My Ride: 00 323//65 Fastback
Quote:
They won't be able to sell you any guns(hand/rifle) if you show them your CA license. I think they can sent it to a licensed gun dealer in CA and then you can pick it up. The CA dealer of course will charge you a fee. Which then will cost more than what the CA dealer can sell to you in the first place. If you're talking about rifles banned by CA then no way.
K:^P is offline   Reply With Quote