E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #21
\\\VLADA

My Ride: C70 T5
Send a message via MSN to \\\VLADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBmrDude View Post
True, seems like you get screwed either way
damn....you got me thinking.
ex-YU thread

Motorcycle thread
\\\VLADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #22
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by \\\VLADA View Post
damn....you got me thinking.
Well no wonder they say that the hardest part of holding on is letting it go
Old 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
HELLAS NC

My Ride: 03 320Diesel Tractor
We were together for 6 years, broke up for 2, came back together for 2 years and got married. Year and a half down the line and my first one is on the way.

Sorry Haya, I don't mean to upset you, my point is just that things CAN work out in the end after a break. Give it time to cool off

I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem.
HELLAS NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #24
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLAS NC View Post
We were together for 6 years, broke up for 2, came back together for 2 years and got married. Year and a half down the line and my first one is on the way.

Sorry Haya, I don't mean to upset you, my point is just that things CAN work out in the end after a break. Give it time to cool off
Interesting.

We spoke. I apologized for some mean things I said this morning. We lightened up. We'll get together and talk a little. Try to focus on things that made us become best friends and if our friendship can work, there may or may not be hope for more.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #25
greenohawk69

My Ride: BMW.Harley.Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
How much fun can you have with a wall?
He drilled a hole in it...
greenohawk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #26
4ngie

My Ride: Chrissspyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenohawk69 View Post
He drilled a hole in it...
Glorrrrrrrrrrry hole.

Hope everything works out for you, Busa. If she's the one, make it work.

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #27
'busa

We hung out today. Decided to try and focus on friendship because that's 90% of what defines us. No telling where it will go, but unless we can get along and have fun, no point in trying to force anything else. Worst case, I'll have a friend I can always rely on.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #28
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
man, I've been there many times....as I've gotten older, I realize that people change drastically about 5 times in their lives...
somewhere around ages 15 20 28 34 40+ after that you are who your gonna be mostly.

what we want and how we react in one stage is different than another....
a man & womans change scale definitely do not interact with the same timing:

the point is, while this is a low moment in your life, and it is very real....know that there will come a day when you look back on this time and that lady with a completely different outlook...

we are the sum of our experiences: good & bad

change is inevitable- difficult, sad, usually painful and sometimes down right depressing....

but you'll move through this and be a better man for it... that's a promise.

if there is one piece of advice I'd lend you it's: don't lose "YOU" in a relationship with another person, your statement "she was all I had" is an indicator of that and not only does that become unattractive to your mate, it is too much pressure for the partner / whether identified or not...they feel it...

for now: try not to say things you'll regret: especially if you have a hope of ever restarting this relationship or remaining friends
....words leave the deepest scars that can never be erased...
I can still remember damaging things that were said to me well over 20 years ago.

take care bro-

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #29
'busa

Thanks, man.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #30
ED8661

Location: Jakarta - Indonesia **** Docklands - M.e.L.B | Australia **** Nanjing - China
My Ride: E46, w204&Skyline
same here, i just broke up 2 days ago with the girl i've dated for almost 4 years, i love her so much, she says she loves me too but she wants to be alone for awhile...i've tried everything that i can but she just doesn't care anymore, it hurts me so much because i thought she's the one.....

when it comes to value for money, it's not just about how fast a car goes around the corner.
it's the whole package, the whole experience..
ED8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 AM   #31
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Yeah, I used to have friends. Then, all I had was her. I still have her as a friend. But how can I go to her to complain about her?

We're just at different stages in life. Our friendship always mattered more than anything else.

Maybe if we can re-establish our friendship, we can get back together again. I don't want to give up yet.

This is a different side of hayabusa55, isn't it?
Probably the only thing you can do at this point.

Now that my life is on the internet, lol, I'll try to keep this as vague but clear as possible...

I've been in a VERY similar situation as you for quite some time (we've never dated, but yeah... not getting specific here... just know it's a similar situation, haha)... In mad love with her, she loves me back, but we're in different places at the moment (actually in very similar places, but they conflict.)

Anyways, the best thing you can do right now is to keep a distance mentally from her. Trust me when I say it is SO FVCKING HARD, but so very necessary. Just wait it out until everything falls into place; whether it be both of you getting out of school, or establishing a career, or whatever it is that separates the two of you. Because when times are tough, a friend IS what's most important and having a relationship may not be what's best at the moment. And I think we can both agree that having a friend is better than having nothing at all, and if you can hold onto the friend, then maybe you can get the other part back at another time.

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 AM   #32
Reno

My Ride: E46 doh!
sorry to hear, i know how it feels

its been like that for the last 2-3 years for me

hope it turns out ok for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Why arent U answering the questions Mr.Quattro??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Reno looks like Special Forces Jesus!
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #33
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKSMUD View Post
same here, i just broke up 2 days ago with the girl i've dated for almost 4 years, i love her so much, she says she loves me too but she wants to be alone for awhile...i've tried everything that i can but she just doesn't care anymore, it hurts me so much because i thought she's the one.....
Funny, how that goes. Good luck, man. I'm not sure what to tell you. The idea that I'm getting is that you shouldn't appear like you're trying. Either make it look natural or accidental. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
Probably the only thing you can do at this point.

Now that my life is on the internet, lol, I'll try to keep this as vague but clear as possible...

I've been in a VERY similar situation as you for quite some time (we've never dated, but yeah... not getting specific here... just know it's a similar situation, haha)... In mad love with her, she loves me back, but we're in different places at the moment (actually in very similar places, but they conflict.)

Anyways, the best thing you can do right now is to keep a distance mentally from her. Trust me when I say it is SO FVCKING HARD, but so very necessary. Just wait it out until everything falls into place; whether it be both of you getting out of school, or establishing a career, or whatever it is that separates the two of you. Because when times are tough, a friend IS what's most important and having a relationship may not be what's best at the moment. And I think we can both agree that having a friend is better than having nothing at all, and if you can hold onto the friend, then maybe you can get the other part back at another time.

Good advice, man. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
sorry to hear, i know how it feels

its been like that for the last 2-3 years for me

hope it turns out ok for you
Good luck to you, too.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #34
'busa

Believe it or not, I'm in pretty much the same position.

So many painful moments, both from being together and from trying to stop being together... I'm in this position again. I think this is it. I think it's over. I want it to be over and at the same time I want us to continue being together.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #35
Owtlaw333

I'll be honest and up front with you... I don't think it's ever over... lol

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #36
'busa

We men are such pussies. At least today. My grandpa would kick my ass if he knew how I'm letting this situation handle me.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:59 PM   #37
Owtlaw333

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #38
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
We men are such pussies. At least today. My grandpa would kick my ass if he knew how I'm letting this situation handle me.
Funny but true. Why do guys get so upset over relationships? We're supposed to be the strong ones.

So it comes down to whether you would rather be friends with her or forget about her completely and forget about all the fun times you guys had together. It sucks either way bro but try and keep yourself busy and meet new people!! Good luck!!
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #39
pMak26

My Ride: '99 M3, '07 r6
Hang in there man.

I'm surprised no one has really said it yet, but I think you really need to let her go for the time being. Stop seeing her. Distance yourself from her mentally and physically. I know its excruciatingly difficult to do, but you really need to back away from her and find yourself again.

Best thing to keep in mind, dude, we've all gone through similar situations. Your not alone, and it happens to the best of us.

A while from now you will be able to look back on this entire circumstance, no matter what the outcome is, and realize that it has made you a stronger and better person.

After some time goes by, and when you are 'over her,' if you still feel like you can be friends with her, contact her again.

Base (SuperFlo Dyno: 211whp/199.5wtq)
PSS9s . Porterfield pads . Enkei's . M50 . Schroth belts
pMak26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #40
Define ///M3

My Ride: Dream 2 B Suprchrgd
yeah its almost been a year since his dilema....lol how is turning out for you hayabusa?

AKA Huggy1989
"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."- WP
Define ///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote