E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #41
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Well, things went back to 'normal', got worse, got better, etc... but our relationship is getting hit on several fronts and there's no denying it. I believe we both love each other, but nothing else is even close to going in our favor. "Love is all you need?" No. It's not enough.

EDIT: And it's been longer than a year. That's just when I first posted.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #42
Hartge50
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH

My Ride: The Hertz Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
Why do guys get so upset over relationships? We're supposed to be the strong ones.
It's called the...V-Powah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pMak26 View Post
...but I think you really need to let her go for the time being. Stop seeing her. Distance yourself from her mentally and physically. I know its excruciatingly difficult to do, but you really need to back away from her and find yourself again.
Agree! Been in that situation a few years ago and it wasn't easy. What worked out for me was i told myself that i had a lot more to offer her that what she had to offer me. Think about her flaws and such and maybe that'll help. Worked for me.
Hartge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #43
'busa

I feel too old for this ****.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #44
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
It sucks! Thats why I hate being involved! but at the same time kinda miss not having someone there
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #45
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
I've given up with all that shiit, girls love to play games so why don't we all do the same.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #46
Lonely Tylenol.
Banned

My Ride: is faster thAn yours
Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tylenol.
my gf of two years pulled the same ****, i pretty much told her we arent ment to be friends and we have to make it work out for the best of us ... spend a couple days apart withot talking .. she will realize how much she needs you
Lonely Tylenol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #47
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
I've given up with all that shiit, girls love to play games so why don't we all do the same.
Everyone shares the blame. Guys and girls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tylenol. View Post
my gf of two years pulled the same ****, i pretty much told her we arent ment to be friends and we have to make it work out for the best of us ... spend a couple days apart withot talking .. she will realize how much she needs you
I want to know her for the rest of my life. I feel like I'll lose something if I fall out of love with her, but if I don't stop loving her like that, I'll lose her forever, in any capacity.

**** is tough. I want to have a bit of downtime. I didn't call her at all today. I'm sure she'll call at some point. I'll answer. She'll want to grab some food or something. I'll say I can't.

Before this happened, I promised her that I'd help her with one of the classes this semester. She'll hold me to it.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #48
Lonely Tylenol.
Banned

My Ride: is faster thAn yours
Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tylenol.
**** is tough. I want to have a bit of downtime. I didn't call her at all today. I'm sure she'll call at some point. I'll answer. She'll want to grab some food or something. I'll say I can't.

Before this happened, I promised her that I'd help her with one of the classes this semester. She'll hold me to it.[/QUOTE]

believe me "play hard to get " a little bitt... let her know u are there for her but let her also think sh1t i dont wanna fvck this up he means alot to me
Lonely Tylenol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #49
'busa

True. I buckle to my feelings a lot with her. I'll try to fight through it, though.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #50
Define ///M3

My Ride: Dream 2 B Suprchrgd
Dude listen to me man, and please listen good. This girl that you are talking about could be the queen of england, the hottest playmate, or just a plain old girl given you some old fashion heart ache.But your not realizing that NO GIRL should ever have control over you. Your happiness and well being must come first. How can you learn to love someone when you yourself cannot be happy? you say " i need her, i can't live without her friendship " that my friend is just your heart having a hard time letting go. its completely normal, and all of us in some point in time will go through an unbearable break up. But what is the key? letting go....Finding yourself all over again and giving your heart time to heal itself. Real life isnt like the notebook where we find a girl and were meant to be with them no matter what. trust me im a believer in true love. but im also a believer that out of 7 billion people on earth, there's always someone greater to take a lost love ones place. YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO BELIEVE IT WHEN YOUR HURTING LIKE YOU ARE, but for us, the ones who have let time heal us can say to you bro, greater days will come, and even more beautiful women. Think of it like your first bike. you learned to ride on it, you spent so many memorable days on it, and over time you come to cherish it. But before you know it, youve grown out of it and its time to get a new bike, theres no sense in holding on to it, because its time to make great memories with your new, bigger bike. Love hurts man, its powerful. it will be the thing to kill us, and the thing to save us. Learn to be happy, find what truly makes your day worth living. Your live will unfold man, but you have to give it time. and most importantly, you have to let her go. because the more you keep yourself in that rut? thats all the time spent healing. and your dream girl is going to pass you by.

Trust me man.

AKA Huggy1989
"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."- WP

Last edited by Define ///M3; 01-11-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Define ///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #51
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
^ Well said!

Its true that you dont know what you've have till its gone....but its also true that you dont know what you've been missing till it arrives
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #52
The Jerk

My Ride: E46 M3
This thread comes back from the dead!

Busa, dude, take time to improve yourself... that way when the *right* girl comes along you'll be ready. In the mean time don't fret over the "almosts". Buy a Ferrari, cruise the country, take some college classes that challenge you as a man.
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #53
HellFish

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to HellFish
I am going through a similar situation with Busa. I have been dating this girl for 4 years, and for the past year to year and a half its been rocky. We broke up 3 weeks ago and I called her today basically wanting to get back together. Our original plan was to wait 6 months and see where we are at, and she said she still wants to stick to it. I don't want to wait 6 months just to see her find someone else in the mean time. I want it to either work now or not at all. If she dated someone else I couldn't get back together with her.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #54
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define ///M3 View Post
Dude listen to me man, and please listen good. This girl that you are talking about could be the queen of england, the hottest playmate, or just a plain old girl given you some old fashion heart ache.But your not realizing that NO GIRL should ever have control over you. Your happiness and well being must come first. How can you learn to love someone when you yourself cannot be happy? you say " i need her, i can't live without her friendship " that my friend is just your heart having a hard time letting go. its completely normal, and all of us in some point in time will go through an unbearable break up. But what is the key? letting go....Finding yourself all over again and giving your heart time to heal itself. Real life isnt like the notebook where we find a girl and were meant to be with them no matter what. trust me im a believer in true love. but im also a believer that out of 7 billion people on earth, there's always someone greater to take a lost love ones place. YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO BELIEVE IT WHEN YOUR HURTING LIKE YOU ARE, but for us, the ones who have let time heal us can say to you bro, greater days will come, and even more beautiful women. Think of it like your first bike. you learned to ride on it, you spent so many memorable days on it, and over time you come to cherish it. But before you know it, youve grown out of it and its time to get a new bike, theres no sense in holding on to it, because its time to make great memories with your new, bigger bike. Love hurts man, its powerful. it will be the thing to kill us, and the thing to save us. Learn to be happy, find what truly makes your day worth living. Your live will unfold man, but you have to give it time. and most importantly, you have to let her go. because the more you keep yourself in that rut? thats all the time spent healing. and your dream girl is going to pass you by.

Trust me man.
I don't know, man. She's hot, smart. Undisciplined and lazy. Great heart and great intentions, which are not always followed through on. We have many obstacles, though.

I'm 27. I feel like I don't have the time, patience, or skills that I had before. And I'm picky. I feel if I keep pushing it and putting it off, I'll either settle or stay alone. Not a comforting thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish View Post
I am going through a similar situation with Busa. I have been dating this girl for 4 years, and for the past year to year and a half its been rocky. We broke up 3 weeks ago and I called her today basically wanting to get back together. Our original plan was to wait 6 months and see where we are at, and she said she still wants to stick to it. I don't want to wait 6 months just to see her find someone else in the mean time. I want it to either work now or not at all. If she dated someone else I couldn't get back together with her.
I don't know. That thought has crossed my mind. It happened with one of my exes. I thought I could never date a girl again if she's dated someone after we broke up. I changed my mind. I wanted her back. Luckily, she didn't take me back.

Think... If you were a bit stronger about the 6 month commitment and she came to you, would you take her back? Or would you want to ensure that you'll take the time necessary to really make something out of it if something can be made out of it?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #55
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish View Post
huge difference between dating and what you had with this girl. wait 6 + months, go have fun... live your life; don't spend it waiting around for her to come back
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #56
M3LTDOWN

My Ride: Range Rover on 22's
Send a message via AIM to M3LTDOWN Send a message via MSN to M3LTDOWN
Hang in there bud. Its rough, and we all go through it. Don't let it destroy you.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #57
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Define ///M3 View Post

Trust me man.
This is great advice.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #58
shady3one3
Banned

My Ride: gets replaced soon.
Send a message via AIM to shady3one3
Meh while I believe you should be able to enjoy life on your own and know who you are before you try to live it with someone else, some people just aren't meant to be alone. Life really is much more fun when you have someone to share the highs with, and someone to lean on during the lows. Why are things tough for you two? She doesn't want to be with you beyond friendship? If that's the case, all you can do is be yourself and see if she comes around. Hang out with some friends you haven't been close with in awhile. You never know when you'll randomly meet someone who sparks something inside. Perhaps you'll find a distraction from this girl. I think its actually easier to meet someone when you're suffering heartache. Struggling with loneliness makes us a little better able to open up to new people I suppose.
shady3one3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #59
BIZ323

My Ride: Miyagi
Send a message via AIM to BIZ323
What is wrong with you guys? My gawd.

"I used to have friends" Think she has anything to do with this? LOL. (its like step 3, alienate his friends) LOL.
"She wants to be alone?" LOL NO-Contact 101 right there, she will likely crawl back to you, if not, her friends will, because your displaying a higher value.
"We men are such pussies" Yes, no kidding!!!!

You guys don't know your own power, nor do you have a clue about how to handle your women. Distance your selfs from the feminist propaganda (this is why you get trampled on by women). Learn about mens rights! Or MGOW (men going their own way) Understand the nature of attraction, and why women like the kind of men they like. Ignore women, and they will seek to validate themselves to you. Report findings here!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #60
shady3one3
Banned

My Ride: gets replaced soon.
Send a message via AIM to shady3one3
A girl doesn't have to drag a guy away from his friends. Most go willingly.

And no girl wants to be "handled". I hope someone who speaks about women the way you do ^^ has a nasty end to his best relationship in the future
shady3one3 is offline   Reply With Quote