E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #121
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Update on my situation. I did not pass the emissions test. Even though there were no check engine lights, it wouldn't pass.

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #122
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Why? Sniffer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
Update on my situation. I did not pass the emissions test. Even though there were no check engine lights, it wouldn't pass.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #123
frobie15

Sniffer wouldn't have passed even if my monitors reset. Had to take other means to get it smogged....

Thank you Sam
Old 06-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #124
frobie15

Thank you Sam
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #125
tdonovan07

My Ride: 2002 Turbo 3-Series
Hello,
I was able to get everything hooked up with the flashing green light which looks like everything seems to be working properly but I am still throwing 2 codes. Post Cat O2 Sensor Voltage on both sensors. I am trying to figure out a way to diagnose what the issue could possibly be.

My setup currently is:

O2 Red Sim Wire is spliced into my 12 volt wire running from my halo's to my fuse box which turns my halo's on before the car is running.

O2 Black Sim Wire is spliced into the gray O2 sensor ground.

Both O2 White Sim Wires are spliced into the black wire but also the black wire is cut before the O2 sensor.

The two things that I am thinking might be causing an issue are:

1) Possibly the codes are kicking on because the 12v wire for the halo's is not staying a consistent 12v when the car turns over causing it to lose a full 12v connection temporarily?

2) When I put the O2 white wires on the black O2 sensor wires I spliced them and then cut the wire which left an open end after where the white wire was spliced into the black wire? Possibly the open end on the black wire is causing a signal issue causing these codes to kick on.

Any input would be very appreciated since I am trying to pass emissions currently :S

Thanks,
Tim!
tdonovan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:47 AM   #126
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 2001 3 Pedal M54b30
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
I hate to bump such an old thread, but hey, i need some help. my story....

I cleared my SES code since my dad brought home one the other day(had to give it back the same day). Then I drove around a few miles, then decided to put the sensor in while the light was still off. I just completed the sensor today, and within 7 miles of driving since i cleared the codes, the SES light comes up again.

Do you guys think it's just because i drove around before hand with the codes cleared that it'd come up, even after i did the o2 sim? maybe i should wait to see if the SES goes away?

I can't get my hands on an obdii scanner any time soon, so any thoughts would help.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #127
SwapMag1c

My Ride: 2004 Z4 M54B30
curious.... how do you do away with post-cat o2 sensors all together...?
SwapMag1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #128
sgplayer69

My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
I just installed headers on my car and the post o2 sensors were seized so bad in the bungs that we just cut them off, I can still hook up the o2 sims and they'll be fine correct?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #129
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
I just installed headers on my car and the post o2 sensors were seized so bad in the bungs that we just cut them off, I can still hook up the o2 sims and they'll be fine correct?
Yes.

Thank you Sam
Old 06-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #130
birdman323e46

My Ride: japanrot 330ci
So no one in a state that does NOT have a sniffer has passed an OBDII? How about you NC boys I saw on here? Anything? I would really love to put my headers back on and pass emissions.
birdman323e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #131
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
I've passed. Many times. Though I am having problems with my o2 heaters but that is a sensor problem all in itself. Probably going to simulate heaters soon
...because I hate check engine lights in my race cars.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer
Originally Posted by BMW Greensboro They understand the reasons behind bullying and have come face to face with it, either through taking up a combat sport such as boxing, or by getting support from friends and family or driving my BMW E46 STATION WAGON ! in my opinion. ... My E46 325i Touring
Rotha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #132
E46_330i_Stud

My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
Bump I need a straight answer. Never heard anyone say for sure if the o2 Sims work 100%, even good enough to pass an OBDII inspection like here in NC. I can deal with the CELL the other 11 months. Just want a reliable way to pass without having to pull my hair out.

1995 325i 5mt ArcticGrey/Dove - SOLD
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT SilberGrau/Black - SOLD
2001 330i M-Sport 5MT StaulGrau/Grey - SOLD
1992 Accord LX Sedan 275k miles all original - DAILY
2002 Chevy Suburban LT Autoride - TOY HAULER
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT - RACE TRUCK!
E46_330i_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #133
mattfarrington

My Ride: 04 325xi
I'm tempted to try this, but I don't want to remove my cats if it won't pass an OBDII inspection..
My brother can inspect me, but he can't give me a sticker if it won't pass. And he won't "fudge" it, or.. use another car.. for obvious reasons.
mattfarrington is offline   Reply With Quote