E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #21
crumpet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA, A-OK
Posts: 394
My Ride: burned down
Send a message via AIM to crumpet Send a message via Skype™ to crumpet
Again; I don't care if people own these. I don't care if you've got an atomic f*cking warhead in your basement so long as you're far away from me. I just take issue that the email/website/whatever is attempting to make it sound like the only reason people would want/need these guns is for self defense.
__________________
crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #22
Skeeter
 
Skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NYC and OC, Ca
Posts: 1,614
My Ride: 2003 M3
Send a message via AIM to Skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
I'm sorry, but nobody needs an automatic high-powered rifle to "protect their home and family". If you want to own one, fine, be my guest. So long as it doesn't negatively affect me or the people I care about, I couldn't care less. BUT

Come on. Whoever wrote the email is attempting to make it sound like these rifles are essential to the security of one's home . If he'd had simply said "big f*cking guns are fun as hell", i'd have no problem with it.

You're right. You also don't need a 325i or a BMW or a car. My AR is a semi automatic, just like everyone elses in CA. For all intents and purposes I only have 10 shots to protect myself and my property.


Hey if you don't get it, you don't get it. No worries. When the zombies come out don't to me.
__________________

Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #23
crumpet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA, A-OK
Posts: 394
My Ride: burned down
Send a message via AIM to crumpet Send a message via Skype™ to crumpet
The day that my family is murdered in my own home because I didn't have a rifle capable of firing 600 rounds per minute and a simple handgun or .22 proved ineffective is the day i'll admit I'm totally wrong about this.

And i'll say it once again, because people don't seem to understand that it's the email, not the ownership that I have a problem with: I don't give a sh*t what you own or what you do, so long as it doesn't affect me.
__________________

Last edited by crumpet; 03-22-2009 at 10:18 PM.
crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #24
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,690
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingdevious View Post
anyone who tries to enter my home and disarm me will be greeted with a headshot.

end of story.
+1

I can't imagine this would stand though even if the senate passed it...I would hope the Supreme Court handles this issue fast. If not, anarchy in the U.S. I wholeheartedly believe that if this went down riots would ensue...I really hope american citizens have the balls to stand up to this.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #25
CRZY BMW
Registered User
 
CRZY BMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 417
My Ride: has wings & a prop
Another campaign promise broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak Obama
“Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’
__________________


http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #26
TheCarLessDriven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 13,855
My Ride: 330
Fuk it I was planning on joining the Army anyways, infantry.
__________________
himynameisfrank
flickr

"SGC > than your general chat"
TheCarLessDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #27
crumpet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA, A-OK
Posts: 394
My Ride: burned down
Send a message via AIM to crumpet Send a message via Skype™ to crumpet
Yeah. The media got to me

An AK-47 isn't an automatic rifle?
__________________
crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #28
Allure
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Anywhere in an Hour
Posts: 967
My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
Well first off, fully automatic guns are illegal. I don't see how someone owning a 2-3 foot rifle is more dangerous to you or anyone you know than a handgun. If you could explain that to me, it would be great. As I said, I can't recall many murders taking place with rifles.

And your point about protecting your home/ family... It can be one of many reasons to own a rifle. Regardless of the reason of owning one, I don't see a purpose to ban them.
And just for your info, I think alot of people use them for hunting, possible riot situations, etc. It's just not about someone breaking into your home in the middle of the night. There are much better weapons for stuff like that.
It's not about if it's dangerous or not. Guns are not toys and should only be used in an emergency. People who buy them for fun or just because they can are crazy.
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #29
CRZY BMW
Registered User
 
CRZY BMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 417
My Ride: has wings & a prop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
It's not about if it's dangerous or not. Guns are not toys and should only be used in an emergency. People who buy them for fun or just because they can are crazy.
People who buy cars for fun and not just for simple day to day transportation are CRAZY! Especially those ones with fancy fast cars... way to dangerous... everyone should drive a Ford Focus!
__________________


http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #30
crumpet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA, A-OK
Posts: 394
My Ride: burned down
Send a message via AIM to crumpet Send a message via Skype™ to crumpet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
It's not about if it's dangerous or not. Guns are not toys and should only be used in an emergency. People who buy them for fun or just because they can are crazy.

Responsible citizens should be able to buy anything they want so long as it's used in safe manner in a controlled environment (i.e. shooting range).
__________________
crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #31
crumpet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA, A-OK
Posts: 394
My Ride: burned down
Send a message via AIM to crumpet Send a message via Skype™ to crumpet
This is why I don't usually argue with people -- they don't actually pay any attention to what you say and just argue against what they think you're saying.


OP: *Posts an email that makes it sound like you can't defend your home without an AK47 or MAC 10.*
Me: "I have no problem with people owning these guns, but that email makes it sound like you NEED a rifle to defend yourself, blah blah blah..."
JonJon: "You never know man. Total anarchy and zombies stealing your canned food and ****."
Me: "That's cool. Again, I have no problem with people owning these guns. Just the email."
JonJon: "Do you even know what the AR stands for?!? The ban is ridiculous, etc."

I think the ban is wrong, and could potentially do more harm than good. I just think that.... you know what? Forget it. Forget I said anything.

Jesus christ.
__________________
crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #32
motoracergabe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: El Peezy, Tx
Posts: 434
My Ride: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
lol cmon now its fun to go overboard.... i have a 10 gauge n a .357 for home protection
10-gauge FTW
__________________
motoracergabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #33
Kole
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 85
My Ride: e36 M3
This country was founded by "revolutionaries" that understood they needed the common man to be able to become a minuteman and defend not just their home, but their country. Which is the reason you pvssies have the freedom and luxuries that you take for granted. I have been to places that do not, and their citizens have no power to fight back against oppressive governments/warlords. I do not need an assault rifle to shoot someone burglarizing my home. The round (if I missed) would leave my home and enter that across the street from me. I need it because in the service, I earned the right to carry one and saw the reasons I needed to. For you right wing zealots; Obama is not going to take your guns. The NRA/Republican Party/Gun Manufacturer Lobby is using fear to control you and have you buy guns and panic. Everyone needs a little bit more intelligence and not just choke down every bit of nonsense fed to you.

Edit: Just for kicks. "I agree with JonJon"
__________________
Limiter? Ah bob saget!

Last edited by Kole; 03-22-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Kole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #34
crumpet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA, A-OK
Posts: 394
My Ride: burned down
Send a message via AIM to crumpet Send a message via Skype™ to crumpet
You too mate. No hard feelings.
__________________
crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #35
TheCarLessDriven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 13,855
My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole View Post
This country was founded by "revolutionaries" that understood they needed the common man to be able to become a minuteman and defend not just their home, but their country. Which is the reason you pvssies have the freedom and luxuries that you take for granted. I have been to places that do not, and their citizens have no power to fight back against oppressive governments/warlords. I do not need an assault rifle to shoot someone burglarizing my home. The round (if I missed) would leave my home and enter that across the street from me. I need it because in the service, I earned the right to carry one and saw the reasons I needed to. For you right wing zealots; Obama is not going to take your guns. The NRA/Republican Party/Gun Manufacturer Lobby is using fear to control you and have you buy guns and panic. Everyone needs a little bit more intelligence and not just choke down every bit of nonsense fed to you.

Edit: Just for kicks. "I agree with JonJon"

+1
__________________
himynameisfrank
flickr

"SGC > than your general chat"
TheCarLessDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #36
shady3one3
Banned
 
shady3one3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 24,408
My Ride: gets replaced soon.
Send a message via AIM to shady3one3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
It's not about if it's dangerous or not. Guns are not toys and should only be used in an emergency. People who buy them for fun or just because they can are crazy.
Truth.

Most of the time when I meet a "gun" person I assume he/she is a) crazy or b) want the attention and "bad ass" feeling of doing something that others see as dangerous. Its the same reason half the kids that binge drink in high school quit after they turn 21...its not fun unless its against the rules or someone wants to take it away.
shady3one3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #37
fordpwns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LA/USC
Posts: 645
My Ride: GR STi
sweet. High powered gun power never bodes well in the hands of civilians
__________________
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief" - Gerry Spence


-Dr. F. Pwns

"bro a real university is a little bit harder than community college. let me know if you get into haas, then you'll see"
fordpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #38
330xiBoarder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,383
My Ride: a car
^^^^ totally agree....there is no purpose for those guns for civilians
330xiBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #39
Boosted_ZHP
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 3,173
My Ride: 88 325
Send a message via AIM to Boosted_ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
The day that my family is murdered in my own home because I didn't have a rifle capable of firing 600 rounds per minute and a simple handgun or .22 proved ineffective is the day i'll admit I'm totally wrong about this.

And i'll say it once again, because people don't seem to understand that it's the email, not the ownership that I have a problem with: I don't give a sh*t what you own or what you do, so long as it doesn't affect me.
Cool, now stop crying about them. We get it.
__________________
Boosted_ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #40
CRZY BMW
Registered User
 
CRZY BMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 417
My Ride: has wings & a prop
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwns View Post
sweet. High powered gun power never bodes well in the hands of civilians
High powered cars never bode well in the hands of teenagers... We should only allow them to have bumper cars... until after age 25.
__________________


http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use