E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 05:29 AM   #41
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 742
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xiBoarder View Post
^^^^ totally agree....there is no purpose for those guns for civilians
You sir are an idiot.

No eason to have these guns as a civilian? So I should not be allowed to own a semi automatic rifle, that fires a bullet that is smaller than my 9mm Glock, all because you fear the look of my rifle?

Are you really that scared for your life, if a law abiding citizen owns a weapon which "looks" like the ones the military has? If so, I really feel for you. Your paranioa is astonishing.

You want to ban sporting semi auto rifles because they "Look" like other fully automatic rifles?

Did you know that according to this list, it is not illegal for me to own a bolt action 50 cal sniper rifle? I could own a gun, that can rip a man in two, or shatter the engine block of a Chevy truck, but the smaller semi auto AR-15 is more dangerous...

Sometimes I really wonder about the intelligence level of some of you here.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #42
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 742
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Point of note...

the list is bogus. The H&K PSG-1 is already illegal, unless a class three license is owned. The reason it is illegal is the battery operated, silent bolt close, which makes the gun silent until fired. It has been illegal to own, but is on the list...

I think someone is trying to pull one over on us.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 AM   #43
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Which one of you anti-gun rights people had a gun pointed at you by your neighbor?

__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #44
LSUKNUT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 167
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Ding Ding..

Crumpet: You never know what you might need and when you might need it.
Picture an event happening and your power goes out one day at 3am, gas stations run out of fuel, super markets have no food, you have no oil to heat your house... people will start to go into survival mode. Your neighbor that helped you move into your house and teaches your daughter piano is now breaking into your house to steal your last cans of food, you were saving for your new born.

Paranoid? Am I? We all live in a very fake sense of security in this world... We all take things for granted... the breakdown of society and rational thought is closer than we all like to admit.
JonJon,

You bring up an interesting scenario that I imagine you just thought up when in actuality this is a real life event you described that has already happened. Anyone ever heard of a little storm called Hurricane Katrina? I work with a lot of people who live in very rural places along the Gulf Coast and when the storm pushed through it displaced a lot of the (Let's just call them - Lower Class) folks from the bigger cities. These people had reached a desperate point with no food, no water, no money, and no means. Suddenly the people in these rural areas found themselves being the victims of crimes the never dreamed of in their communities.

I can assure anybody, had it not been for citizens being able to arm themselves, the after effects of Katrina would have been far more devastating than what most of you saw on your local news. The flight reaction in a human up to no good can be amazing when he first catches sight of a very powerful weapon.
__________________


KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
LSUKNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #45
jacques chirac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: paris
Posts: 958
My Ride: Cheese smellin' feet
According to you, fellow members, How many americans Will have use one day a firearm to protect they family/home from a real danger. (not the drunk neighbor who confuses homes)
__________________

Smelly Cheese FTMFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
:lmao: your posts are the best
jacques chirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #46
jacques chirac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: paris
Posts: 958
My Ride: Cheese smellin' feet
to use sorry
__________________

Smelly Cheese FTMFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
:lmao: your posts are the best
jacques chirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:52 AM   #47
beingdevious
Apple Jews
 
beingdevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drunk onthe Beach.. Official 4ngiefest.com Techie Go to: 4ngiefest.com/donate Needs: to leave the computer Status: ///Pantless
Posts: 9,702
My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via AIM to beingdevious Send a message via Skype™ to beingdevious
doesnt matter if i need to use it or not. i'd rather not, but its still my right to own it.. just as it is my right to own a car, or own a post it not.

its a matter of principle.
__________________
[IMG]http://************/ogaeq6[/IMG]
Question for you:
Are boobs and hands polarly charged, thus causing the inevitable joining of the two? If so are some breasts simply charged backwards?

On a scale from 0 to 24...wait, 3 to 24, where 6 is the lowest and 12 is the highest, how freaking high re you right now?

She's got you high, and you don't even know yet.
beingdevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #48
Wraisil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 216
My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
The purpose of the second amendment was to ensure that the people of the United States would always maintain the firepower necessary to overthrow the government as the founders of this country had.

Gun control laws are passed under the guise that making some guns illegal will make people safer. These laws actually have the opposite effect. People using these guns to kill/rob/steal are not following the laws anyway. They do serve to prevent law abiding citizens from maintaining the ability to forcefully remove a hostile/oppressive government from power if peaceful resolutions fail.

A person set on murdering someone from a distance is just as effective with a "hunting" rifle as an assault rifle. An 11 round magazine will kill you just as easily as a 9 round magazine.

Making it legal only for the government to own the best/most powerful weapons does not stop people planning illegal activities to acquire those same weapons.
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #49
joeski3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 519
My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole View Post
This country was founded by "revolutionaries" that understood they needed the common man to be able to become a minuteman and defend not just their home, but their country. Which is the reason you pvssies have the freedom and luxuries that you take for granted. I have been to places that do not, and their citizens have no power to fight back against oppressive governments/warlords. I do not need an assault rifle to shoot someone burglarizing my home. The round (if I missed) would leave my home and enter that across the street from me. I need it because in the service, I earned the right to carry one and saw the reasons I needed to. For you right wing zealots; Obama is not going to take your guns. The NRA/Republican Party/Gun Manufacturer Lobby is using fear to control you and have you buy guns and panic. Everyone needs a little bit more intelligence and not just choke down every bit of nonsense fed to you.

Edit: Just for kicks. "I agree with JonJon"
And, for a dose of reality, if you decide to take up arms against any modern military with all the legal gun-toting citizens of America you will still be outgunned 100-fold. You and your gun pose very little threat to any military, foreign or other.

But, for home and self defense, a gun is still the most effective means. That and a big dog.
__________________

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #50
The Jerk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my $28mil armchair, smokin a cigar...
Posts: 507
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
because you need an AK-47 and MAC-10 to "defend your home and family"
You don't need a BMW to get you from point A to B. The city bus should be good enough for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
You and your gun pose very little threat to any military, foreign or other.
Tell that to our troops fighting in the middle east. The primitive enemy there seems to do very well with simple weapons.

Last edited by The Jerk; 03-23-2009 at 08:37 AM.
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #51
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUKNUT View Post
JonJon,

You bring up an interesting scenario that I imagine you just thought up when in actuality this is a real life event you described that has already happened. Anyone ever heard of a little storm called Hurricane Katrina? I work with a lot of people who live in very rural places along the Gulf Coast and when the storm pushed through it displaced a lot of the (Let's just call them - Lower Class) folks from the bigger cities. These people had reached a desperate point with no food, no water, no money, and no means. Suddenly the people in these rural areas found themselves being the victims of crimes the never dreamed of in their communities.

I can assure anybody, had it not been for citizens being able to arm themselves, the after effects of Katrina would have been far more devastating than what most of you saw on your local news. The flight reaction in a human up to no good can be amazing when he first catches sight of a very powerful weapon.

Funny how people have no memory of this event and are especially unaware of the police confiscating everyone's firearms during this time. An outright violation of our Constitutional rights.

I'm glad that I have several of the items on that list.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #52
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Anyone have experience with a Glock 34?

I'm looking to have my dad buy one for me until I can get my own permit. I just want my own to shoot at the range.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #53
Coldintake
Registered OG User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: LA(no more OC)
Posts: 601
My Ride: Mid-engine beast
lol you guys make me laugh...
I suppose we should a 65 mile/hr limit on cars, because that's limit and under no circumstance does anyone need to go faster? It can only make things more dangerous?
Please. As you can see it's the most retarded argument out there. Considering no one blames the ferrari for going 100mph on city streets and crashing, but for guns, somehow it's the gun or the bullet that is doing the killing.
It's the person and not the tool(no pun intended) that does the damage.

In Switzerland, almost every male citizen is enlisted in a militia and they keep their rifles at home. I believe that there are 600,000 registered rifles owners currently. Yet somehow.. it's not a war zone. If someone could also take the time to explain what sort of magic is taking place there, I would love to hear it. And save the 'they have training' argument. I see more diligent gun owners than diligent drivers or people who mis use prescription drugs, combined.
__________________
Coldintake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #54
Camicia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 6
My Ride: Automobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post


Picture an event happening and your power goes out one day at 3am, gas stations run out of fuel, super markets have no food, you have no oil to heat your house... people will start to go into survival mode. Your neighbor that helped you move into your house and teaches your daughter piano is now breaking into your house to steal your last cans of food, you were saving for your new born.
Well, after the renovations your house is so big that even burglars would need a guided tour just to find the kitchen, so I guess you should be safe.
Camicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #55
JoeVert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 742
My Ride: 135i
I don't know if this has been mentioned but the same thing when around when Clinton was elected. Gun shop owners spread this crap around and lo and behold, everytime a liberal is elected, gun sales skyrocket... and in 8 years, no one has had someone take any of them away...

The funny thing is, someone who never even thought of buying one of those guns on that list is going to see the list and go buy one "before its too late" lol, ridiculous.

btw, I am a gun owner, I just think all this talk of Obama taking all our guns away is just stupid... the president cannot do this on his own, neither can congress, its called checks and balances and in order to change the constitution it is going to take more then a few liberals or conservatives...
__________________
-JoeVert
JoeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #56
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,188
My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVert View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned but the same thing when around when Clinton was elected. Gun shop owners spread this crap around and lo and behold, everytime a liberal is elected, gun sales skyrocket... and in 8 years, no one has had someone take any of them away...

The funny thing is, someone who never even thought of buying one of those guns on that list is going to see the list and go buy one "before its too late" lol, ridiculous.

btw, I am a gun owner, I just think all this talk of Obama taking all our guns away is just stupid... the president cannot do this on his own, neither can congress, its called checks and balances and in order to change the constitution it is going to take more then a few liberals or conservatives...
Clinton did it. It's going to be just as easy for Obama to.
__________________
mods
Kore Fox coilovers w/ 2.5" front lift , Fox Rear piggy backs w/ 1" rear lift, 305/65 18 BFG at/ko, TRD front Skid plate, console vault

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #57
JoeVert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 742
My Ride: 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Clinton did it. It's going to be just as easy for Obama to.
If its that easy to ban guns then its just as easy to overturn the ban... wait 4 years, vote said hippie out, vote redneck in, ban gone... lather, rinse and repeat.
__________________
-JoeVert
JoeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #58
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,188
My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xiBoarder View Post
^^^^ totally agree....there is no purpose for those guns for civilians
Tell that to the guy that stood on top of his roof during the LA riots defending his livelihood. Tell it to the guys family who has own the same liquor store for two generations and is handing it down to another generation, that "assault rifles" are useless. Tell that to the guy that called the police during the riots and never had them show up. Tell that to the guy who couldn't even leave his business because his car was vandalized. Tell that to the guy who had no choice but to defend himself and his property.

^This guy is my friends father. He says he does not think he would have made it out alive if he were not armed that day with his rifle and pistol.

You guys swear something like this will never happen again. People rioted because cops beat the crap out of some guy on drugs. I'm not saying the cops actions were justified, I'm just pointing out how easy it is for people to get out of control. You don't think people will riot if there is a large earthquake or the economy gets severely out of control?
__________________
mods
Kore Fox coilovers w/ 2.5" front lift , Fox Rear piggy backs w/ 1" rear lift, 305/65 18 BFG at/ko, TRD front Skid plate, console vault

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #59
The Jerk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my $28mil armchair, smokin a cigar...
Posts: 507
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Tell that to the guy that stood on top of his roof during the LA riots defending his livelihood. Tell it to the guys family who has own the same liquor store for two generations and is handing it down to another generation, that "assault rifles" are useless. Tell that to the guy that called the police during the riots and never had them show up. Tell that to the guy who couldn't even leave his business because his car was vandalized. Tell that to the guy who had no choice but to defend himself and his property.

^This guy is my friends father. He says he does not think he would have made it out alive if he were not armed that day with his rifle and pistol.

You guys swear something like this will never happen again. People rioted because cops beat the crap out of some guy on drugs. I'm not saying the cops actions were justified, I'm just pointing out how easy it is for people to get out of control. You don't think people will riot if there is a large earthquake or the economy gets severely out of control?
Oh, you're just being silly. Tee hee. Guns are evil. Let 'em bash your head in with a cinder block While they dance around you joyously, laying bloody on the floor, you can feel proud that you didn't carry a gun. Guns hurt people...

The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #60
6-speed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 435
My Ride: E21 > E46
^ isn't that from a real video? I think I remember seeing that...
6-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use