E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #21
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
I think you southerners need to chill with the guns a bit.
Kubica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #22
///MACHINE

My Ride: is an immigrant
I wish I could get a carry conceal permit... damn hippy Canadians
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
ZimZimma328Ci

My Ride: Mopar
Send a message via AIM to ZimZimma328Ci
If I carried and someone came in the store to rob it, time they take their eyes off of me, I am going to pull and shoot. You never know what that guys true intentions were. Maybe he wanted to come in and kill everyone once he robbed the place, people are ****ing crazy. Good for him, and hope he heals well. Once less worthless POS on the street thanks to him.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #24
JoeVert

My Ride: 135i
yea this was def not a win. The gun owner was almost shot to death trying to stop a robbery at a burger king. Unless the robber had a gun pointed at the guy then it was unnecessary and stupid. Sad really, its a burger king with what, a couple hundred dollars max in the registers and this loser would have been caught eventually...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #25
SteveX82

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVert View Post
this loser would have been caught eventually...
At which point the taxpayers would have given him free food, housing, and medical for 1-2 years before releasing him back onto the streets to continue robbing, raping, and generally pillaging society.

I say good f'ing riddance to that low-life peice of trash. We need more vigilante justice like this.
SteveX82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #26
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
There are several key indicators to warrant a Self Defense or Pull situation...

A person simply holding a gun doesn't fully qualify
I would think the situation had escalated past some random person "simply" holding a gun.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #27
CCali
Banned

My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimZimma328Ci View Post
I would think the situation had escalated past some random person "simply" holding a gun.
Maybe at BK ... but not in your hypothetical.. . which is what JonJon was commenting on

JonJon agrees with Ccali

You say you would just start blasting the second he took his eyes off you. Alls I gotta say is you never know peoples intentions, and shouldn't judge too quickly, especially when you're judgement involves such finality

Last edited by CCali; 03-25-2009 at 01:24 PM.
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
///MIAM3
Banned

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3
Wow. I love this. Remind me of my people in New Orleans.
///MIAM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #29
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
Maybe at BK ... but not in your hypothetical.. . which is what JonJon was commenting on

JonJon agrees with Ccali

You say you would just start blasting the second he took his eyes off you. Alls I gotta say is you never know peoples intentions, and shouldn't judge too quickly, especially when you're judgement involves such finality
I mean it all depends on what exactly happened. If the guy walked around pointing the gun in everyone's face yelling and waving the gun around, yeah. I would pull and shoot.

I mean he did shoot back at the guy, so apparently he wasn't using the gun simply as a scare tactic.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #30
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
fail x's two
haha it's a simple argument man, is that how you defend your side?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #31
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Robber got what was coming to him.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #32
Back2Basics

My Ride: is an instigator
Quote:
I wasnt there... but I dunno if I wouldve pulled my weapon either.
If the customer took a couple shots, it sounds very highly likely that he pulled his gun early.

Customer had the "drop" on the crook, cause his gun was an unknown. If the situation arose where he needed to draw his firearm, he shouldve been able to draw, fire and win that situation without taking any hits himself.

Sounds like he drawed, hesitated because he was just trying to "scare" the bad guy and when the BG fired at him, he returned fire.

If you feel the need to draw, you fire IMMEDIATELY>

No talking, no warning, no arguing... just death

drew*
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #33
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
I mean it all depends on what exactly happened. If the guy walked around pointing the gun in everyone's face yelling and waving the gun around, yeah. I would pull and shoot.

I mean he did shoot back at the guy, so apparently he wasn't using the gun simply as a scare tactic.
walking around and yelling isn't a threat, he could just be mentally ill. thats no reason to kill him.

he might have shot back AFTER being shot, so no its not proof.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #34
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
walking around and yelling isn't a threat, he could just be mentally ill. thats no reason to kill him.

he might have shot back AFTER being shot, so no its not proof.
So say you are standing in line and you have a concealed permit. Some guy walks in with gun in hand waving it around at you (and your family), yelling at the cashier (and presumably you and your family), and you just ignore it? Or wait until he opens fire on you and your family, risking him taking the life .of your wife, son and/or daughter?

I'm sorry, but I am pulling and shooting as soon as I know I have time to pull and kill. I would much rather shoot and kill some lunatic that is robbing a fast food joint, rather than attend my family member's funeral(s). Action is faster than reaction.

But I respect your opinion (as well as some of the others who cannot carry on a decent conversation), I just see it differently. Who knows who is right, but I REALLY doubt this guy is prosecuted.

Last edited by ZimZimma328Ci; 03-25-2009 at 02:25 PM.
ZimZimma328Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #35
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
I think you southerners need to chill with the guns a bit.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #36
Black107

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
If I carried and someone came in the store to rob it, time they take their eyes off of me, I am going to pull and shoot. You never know what that guys true intentions were. Maybe he wanted to come in and kill everyone once he robbed the place, people are ****ing crazy. Good for him, and hope he heals well. Once less worthless POS on the street thanks to him.
So what if you shoot the guy while he has his gun pointed at someone, and the reflex of you shooting your gun causes him to shoot his gun, blasting whoever he was aiming at. If his gun was not aimed at someone, I agree with you though.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #37
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
So what if you shoot the guy while he has his gun pointed at someone, and the reflex of you shooting your gun causes him to shoot his gun, blasting whoever he was aiming at. If his gun was not aimed at someone, I agree with you though.
Well of course. I am not going to try and hit him dead between the eyes with a hostage, but if I felt threatened for my life, and have the chance...he's not leaving the BK Lounge.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #38
Black107

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Well of course. I am not going to try and hit him dead between the eyes with a hostage, but if I felt threatened for my life, and have the chance...he's not leaving the BK Lounge.
Right, and I'm not talking about a "movie hostage" situation, but say where you're sitting at your table, he has his back to you, but his gun aimed at the clerk. I dont think you could be 100% sure you could drop him without him getting at least a reactionary shot off.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #39
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
Right, and I'm not talking about a "movie hostage" situation, but say where you're sitting at your table, he has his back to you, but his gun aimed at the clerk. I dont think you could be 100% sure you could drop him without him getting at least a reactionary shot off.
Yeah if he had his gun pointed at anyone, there is no way I am even pulling my gun at that point.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #40
CCali
Banned

My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
this is getting ridiculous

I got a whopper jr. w/ cheese for lunch ... i'm eating it right now, no joke
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote