E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #81
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniper71 View Post
The customer who argued with the robber and pulled the gun is the type of person who gives anti-gun people a reason to be upset.
Thank you.

Wouldn't everyone have been better off if the robber stole $200 and ran away?

I'm sure BK would have preferred that to cleaning up this bloodbath and shutting down for a couple of days. I'm sure the dead robber would agree. The dude that got shot would definitely agree. And I'm sure the blood-spattered innocent customers would have liked it better. I bet the cops would have rather got a description and hunted this guy down themselves too.

I still don't understand why everyone is clinging to their guns.

To me, GUN OWNER = SCARED.

You should learn to use your words and adjust your attitude, rather than carrying your weapon around.

Plus, isn't your gun 20 times more likely to kill a family member than a criminal?
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #82
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
so if i steal a pair of shorts that was outsourced from different parts of the world, it's an international offense? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #83
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Thank you.

Wouldn't everyone have been better off if the robber stole $200 and ran away?
Sure, if that is what he actually planned to do. You can't predict what a guy will do that is dumb / desparate enough to rob a BK!

Quote:
I'm sure BK would have preferred that to cleaning up this bloodbath and shutting down for a couple of days. I'm sure the dead robber would agree. The dude that got shot would definitely agree. And I'm sure the blood-spattered innocent customers would have liked it better. I bet the cops would have rather got a description and hunted this guy down themselves too.
I guess the dead robber shouldn't have decided to take his chances by robbing a fast food store. He gambled, he lost. Unfortunately he forced some other people to make tough decisions that day. Again, too bad for the robber.

Quote:
I still don't understand why everyone is clinging to their guns.
I don't understand why people would rob a BK, but that doesn't make it right. I carry a gun for EXACTLY this reason. It can't get more obvious than this.

Quote:
To me, GUN OWNER = SCARED.
That is priceless. Sounds like you are scared of guns, you should try shooting them sometime. It's fun.

Quote:
You should learn to use your words and adjust your attitude, rather than carrying your weapon around.
You should train to be prepared with the threat that is presented. Sometimes words will do fine (I did that last week in Rome actually which I'm quite sure prevented me from being robbed). Sometimes the situation calls for more than words, like when the bad guy has a means to end you.

Quote:
Plus, isn't your gun 20 times more likely to kill a family member than a criminal?
I'd be shocked if you can quote this "statistic" other than saying that you heard it on CNN or the Brady Campaign.

No offense, but you are unbelievably uninformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
*edit: I am in no way defending someone for robbing a store with a gun. I am just wondering how and why either dipshit brings a gun into a BK in the first place.
I wonder why more people don't bring guns into a BK. You think a robber would hit it up if he knew 20 people inside were packing? You don't know when and where something will happen - bad guys don't make appointments. That is why I decide to be prepared accordingly.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #84
dniper71

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Or, the perp couldve panicked or got surrounded and then started executing each hostage one by one.

I just love how anti-gun people are so disconnected from reality and actually defend the bad guys. you people actually blame the guns... lmao
You gotta agree that the way the situation unfolded wasn't the best. If the customer with the gun was semi-rational and not a complete moron, he would dropped back and watch how everything unfolded and only use his gun if he felt that the robber was about to do some serious damage and only then shoot to kill.

To verbally provoke a robber and then to draw your gun at him is the stupidest thing that anyone can do, his permit to carry should be taken away for doing what he did at the very least. 99% of the time the robber takes the money and runs, the moron with the gun provoked a gun fight that could of killed bystanders. Gun owners like him are what makes responsible gun owners seem gun-toting idiots.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #85
CCali
Banned

My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
Just to point something out. I was having lunch and was talking to a gentleman who happened to be a member of the FBI in SUBWAY. He told me that robbing a SUBWAY is a federal offense because it would fall under a Interstate Commerce violation because SUBWAY gets their tomatoes from A their lettuce from B and the Peppers from C so on etc. I was surprised to learn this. And he was in fact FBI because A. he told me. B. He was surrounded by Sheriffs C. He gave me his card. D. I called his office.

So the moral of the story is....Don't rob a SUBWAY.
Yeah, that's why I said anything's a federal offense if they want it to be, because just about everything involves interstate commerce. The same would apply to every store in the US. Courts just wouldn't buy it though, unless it was a high profile crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
Your a cool guy
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #86
Silviacrazed

My Ride: is so damn sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
Win??? The dude failed multiple times:

1. He was at Burger King already f*cking up his health

2. He wanted a whopper jr. w/ cheese, instead, he got multiple bullets lodged in him

3. He killed someone; while justified, he just ended someone's life without knowing a single thing (what if the guy was there stealing kids meals for his 11 children because he thought lambskin condoms were effective)

No whopper jr. w/ cheese, many holes in his body, medical bills, rehabillitation, and a single mother with 11 kids who will now go on welfare, which he ultimately pays for, because their father never came back home with happy meals

FAIL
you're an idiot for that statement
Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #87
CCali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviacrazed View Post
you're an idiot for that statement

Why? The point is, that's why we have courts. The guy killed someone without knowing anything. If it was to protect another person, that's one thing. But to prevent a robbery of a BK

And don't use lambskin condoms... they smell like ass and they really don't do anything
Old 03-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #88
Silviacrazed

My Ride: is so damn sexy
Quote:

Why? The point is, that's why we have courts. The guy killed someone without knowing anything. If it was to protect another person, that's one thing. But to prevent a robbery of a BK

And don't use lambskin condoms... they smell like ass and they really don't do anything
The guy that robbed the bk chose to put the lives of others in danger. If he has 11 kids on welfare and needs money, he should have gotten a job and not been fvcking, that's his fault. The guy that shot him may have felt immediately threatened. I'm so tired of ppl siding with the criminal, he broke the law, he threatened innocent lives and ppl are going to stop and say "oh well you don't know why he's doing it" who fvcking cares why he was doing it. He endangered the lives of other ppl b/c he's a useless spineless fvck
Old 03-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #89
CCali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviacrazed View Post
The guy that robbed the bk chose to put the lives of others in danger. If he has 11 kids on welfare and needs money, he should have gotten a job and not been fvcking, that's his fault. The guy that shot him may have felt immediately threatened. I'm so tired of ppl siding with the criminal, he broke the law, he threatened innocent lives and ppl are going to stop and say "oh well you don't know why he's doing it" who fvcking cares why he was doing it. He endangered the lives of other ppl b/c he's a useless spineless fvck
no one is defending the criminal, but here in the US we have what's known as the goals of sentencing, and for due process and equal protection purposes of our Constitution, they must be followed.

One of them is retribution, or "just deserts". This situation fails to meet any of the goals of sentencing, and specifically runs counter to retribution.

It's a sad outcome
Old 03-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #90
SLVR JDM

Quote:
no one is defending the criminal, but here in the US we have what's known as the goals of sentencing, and for due process and equal protection purposes of our Constitution, they must be followed.

One of them is retribution, or "just deserts". This situation fails to meet any of the goals of sentencing, and specifically runs counter to retribution.

It's a sad outcome
Sorry, but if a guy with a gun walks into a BK where I'm eating, I don't really give a care about the finer points of due process and the "rights" of this scumbag. His rights went out the window when he chose to stick up the place and ruin my Whopper experience. I'm legally able to stop a threat and he's going down if I feel threatened. Let the judge sort it out later.

** Removed **
Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #91
boce

My Ride: 2002 325i
Breaking News - Video of Perp released:

boce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #92
W///

My Ride: E30, E46, E92 M3
I'm not even going to try to argue but was just wondering on what your thoughts are on obtaining guns. How did this guy get a gun? Obviously he was unstable in a way, but legally I guess he had the right?

I know in the States, people love 'em some guns. But if you look at countries like let's Switzerland, where is almost impossible to get one, these kind of things happen maybe once every 10 years. If no one but the cops had guns, then this would have just ended in a good old fist fight

It's just like the whole situation with getting a driver's license. It shouldn't be a right to have one.
W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #93
SLVR JDM

^^Hard to say how he got the gun. If this was his first offense, he may have purchased it in a store since he would have passed the background check. If he had any criminal history he couldn't have bought it there and would have bought it on the street or stolen it to begin with.

** Removed **
Old 03-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #94
Kubica

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I'm not even going to try to argue but was just wondering on what your thoughts are on obtaining guns. How did this guy get a gun? Obviously he was unstable in a way, but legally I guess he had the right?

I know in the States, people love 'em some guns. But if you look at countries like let's Switzerland, where is almost impossible to get one, these kind of things happen maybe once every 10 years. If no one but the cops had guns, then this would have just ended in a good old fist fight

It's just like the whole situation with getting a driver's license. It shouldn't be a right to have one.
+1.

It's the whole spiral of violence thing. And this is a perfect example.

Guns are fun to shoot at the range, but i think they should be banned in public, except for law enforcement.

Is the king of england still trying to tax your stamps and steal your cotton? No? Then you don't need guns.

And I am positive a gun in the home is much more likely to kill a family member than a perp. You are ignorant and hiding in a cave if you don't accept that.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #95
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
+1.

It's the whole spiral of violence thing. And this is a perfect example.

Guns are fun to shoot at the range, but i think they should be banned in public, except for law enforcement.

Is the king of england still trying to tax your stamps and steal your cotton? No? Then you don't need guns.

And I am positive a gun in the home is much more likely to kill a family member than a perp. You are ignorant and hiding in a cave if you don't accept that.
Did you know that England and Australia ban guns and both have a higher crime rate than the US?

Did you know that Sweden has a higher crime rate than the US?

Criminals are criminals. They commit crimes. They dont follow gun laws.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 03-26-2009 at 03:09 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #96
Kubica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Sure, if that is what he actually planned to do. You can't predict what a guy will do that is dumb / desparate enough to rob a BK!

I guess the dead robber shouldn't have decided to take his chances by robbing a fast food store. He gambled, he lost. Unfortunately he forced some other people to make tough decisions that day. Again, too bad for the robber.

I don't understand why people would rob a BK, but that doesn't make it right. I carry a gun for EXACTLY this reason. It can't get more obvious than this.

That is priceless. Sounds like you are scared of guns, you should try shooting them sometime. It's fun.

You should train to be prepared with the threat that is presented. Sometimes words will do fine (I did that last week in Rome actually which I'm quite sure prevented me from being robbed). Sometimes the situation calls for more than words, like when the bad guy has a means to end you.

I'd be shocked if you can quote this "statistic" other than saying that you heard it on CNN or the Brady Campaign.

No offense, but you are unbelievably uninformed.

I wonder why more people don't bring guns into a BK. You think a robber would hit it up if he knew 20 people inside were packing? You don't know when and where something will happen - bad guys don't make appointments. That is why I decide to be prepared accordingly.
Bro you are scared that something might happen to you so you need to carry a gun. I am not scared so i don't carry a gun. Fear has clouded your judgement.

If you are so concerned about the safety of you and oithers around you, i think you could carry something much more worthwhile.

Like a defibrillator. or an epi-pen. That would make you a man. Not your gun.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #97
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by boce View Post
Breaking News - Video of Perp released:

I almost cried laughing

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #98
Topaz330

My Ride: 08MGT,12CLS63 Launch
just curious. lets say someone breaks into your house at night and because its dark you don't know if they are armed or not... do i have the right to defend my home and shoot the person? I'm just curious because yes technically if someone breaks into my house i have the right to think my life is in danger but on the other hand what if he only had a knife or wasn't armed? just curious what the law states
Old 03-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #99
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz330 View Post
just curious. lets say someone breaks into your house at night and because its dark you don't know if they are armed or not... do i have the right to defend my home and shoot the person? I'm just curious because yes technically if someone breaks into my house i have the right to think my life is in danger but on the other hand what if he only had a knife or wasn't armed? just curious what the law states
Depends state to state...don't know about NJ but you're allowed to in florida. Theres a presumption of guilt and bad intentions if someone enters late at night and florida says you can defend yourself by any means necessary, no questions asked.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Last edited by david05111; 03-26-2009 at 01:08 PM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #100
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz330 View Post
completely depends on the state.

Florida you dont have to retreat.

Someone breaks in, bang, period.

You can not go chasing someone through the neighborhood firing at them, but in your home, no investigation needed.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote