E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #21
SaaDiesel

My Ride: 02 330i Tech 1
The original dealership I went to (BMW Cleveland) won the center of excellence award from 01-04 and then to my knowledge fell off. They were always massive pricks, and complete knuckleheads when it came to actual specs of cars. Not enthusiast friendly AT ALL, thanks to this place I havent been there in a while

ZSP/ZPP/ZCW
BFP Intake, Euro Cooling Ducts, OEM Clear Lenses, 8000K HIDS
Matte Black-Grill, Headlight, Window, & Body Trim
SaaDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #22
mykel

My Ride: 325i
Wow!!! I'm glad that the dealer where I bought my car from didn't make it to the list (Allison BMW in Mountain View)!! The head of the sales dept or at least I think he's the top guy was a jerk! So instead of buying the car from him the first time I was there, I came back the next day to find another saleman.. But then the next guy was almost the same, this time instead of pre-ordering a car for me with all the options I want, he tried to convince me to buy their used car instead with auto tranny.. He even told me that it could take up to six months if I pre-order a car with all the options I want.. Hell! I almost bought a 350Z because of those two jerks! (not that the Z was bad). So I thought I'd give it another try and came back a week later and talked to a different guy.. Luckily this time the third salesman was very nice and helpful and pre-ordered my car, which took less than two weeks to arrive..

Anyway, the service dept was excellent though.. Especially my service advisor Randy.. He was very helpful from the start and gives me a BMW loaner almost everytime that I bring my car for a service..
mykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:11 AM   #23
jorg323

My Ride: 1999 323i
No VA or MD dealerships! Better luck next time, BMW of Fairfax...

18" Black ASA AR1 Rims | Yokohama Advan S4 Tires | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Brembo Slotted Rotors | 6000k Xenons | 6000k P. Chrom. Angel Eyes | Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights | K&N FIPK CAI | M-Tech II Front Bumper | 35% Tint | Clear Corners | Matte Black Grille
jorg323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
04yfz

My Ride: A car
From my experience, service at BMW of Freehold sucks.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:46 AM   #25
wlmmn

My Ride: 02 330ci+05AudiAllro
Gebhardt BMW in Boulder, CO has always been super nice and pleasant to go to. Mind you, since I found an excellent indy repair shop I don't go there anymore...
Old 03-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #26
justjeffy

My Ride: 91 e30
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst319 View Post
Now lets see a list of the worst dealers in the country.
They are probably all here in Florida. Nightmarish service and even worse sales experience.
justjeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #27
z3speed4me

My Ride: 01 M Coupe
How did JMK on rt22 in springfield NJ NOT make that list???

Especially with the absolutely massive renovations they are doing now???

~Ken~ {'99 M coupe : 1 of 35} - 623 whp 516 wtq; RIP 3.24.13
{'01 M coupe : 1 of 16} - RK Tune, CPI Stepped Headers, CPI sec 1, B&B Triflow, RGM Intake, TCK, ProjectorZ
{'13 Golf R} - GIAC stg 1, carbonio intake, magnaflow catback; LED Tails
z3speed4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #28
EvilGenius
Banned User

My Ride: '02 BMW 330Ci
Fix the "all five's system first"

Meh-I will totally take this list with a grain of salt. It could be due to the fact that my dealership isn't on the list, so I do not know good service. However, as many have said on this and every other forum, if one does not give "all fives" for service, you find yourself on the angry side of a conversation with a service manager and/or completely blacklisted from receiving service at that service center. Dealership service centers get half of the equation: that customer feedback is a good thing. The problem is that they don't get the second part of the equation. Feedback must be open and honest and well accepted, even if it is not optimal! If anyone has personally experienced the in-warranty level of service compared to the out-of-warranty level of service, then you see that you are again, just another commission to them. And by God, you better still give them the same high grades or you are done.

The sales side isn't much better: back when my dealership (It's Reeves Import Motors in Tampa) had the new 3-series launch event, I got an invite for the event to attend, see the new cars, drive one, and meet the Reeve's team. I ended up getting one of the Audi guys to take me for a spin in it because he took pity on me sitting around for half an hour. Before I left, he wanted to intro me to a BMW salesman, which he did. I got the salesman's card, and the question of "when I'm looking to get a new 3'er". My reply was something like "when the wheels fall off of my current e46", his response was a crass "then what do you wish to do here today", as if I wasted his time. In an instant, the dealership had an "enthusiast" customer, who would've probably purchased every BMW forever from them, to never wishing to step foot in the sales floor again. The sales-hole got his card back.

To quote one of the greatest BMW commercials on TV, some people (ok, probably everyone here! ) look at BMW's as a religion. These are the absolute best customers to have in soo many ways. Unfortunately, dealerships just don't get it. I'm just another commission to them.

So back to the "Best Dealerships in the US": my guess is that they really strongarm the "all fives" out of everyone, or they just happen to have the highest amount of in-warranty customers, so they actually GET the all-fives service.

/rant mode off. Where's the tylenol?
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:56 AM   #29
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
I see my guys at Crevier BMW made the list. Well deserved too.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #30
1sick bimmer

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323 ci coup
plaza motors has the best service hands down in st.louis with west county comming in at number 2 . worst has to be newbold bmw in il will never take my car there or recomend anyone take there car there .
1sick bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #31
acegti

My Ride: 2005 325i spt pkg
Reeves Imports was where I bought my first GTI and my experience there was great. My sales guy was an enthusiast and taught me quite a bit about performance driving. I had it in mind that when I was ready to step up to a Bimmer from the GTI, I would buy from Reeves.
However, ensuing visits to the BMW side of sales revealed the type of arrogance and attitude that I hoped were mere rumor; that it turned out to be true turned me off to Reeves. Subsequent visits to dealerships in other cities demonstrated that this attitude was more prevalent than I could have ever thought. I ended up buying my car from a Porsche dealership, where the salespeople acted like they were SOOO happy to have me there. Even if they weren't, I was treated very well.
Now in Virginia, I find that BMW of Fairfax's service department is pretty good. BMW of Alexandria is okay, but the loaners are hit-and-miss.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
nMd

My Ride: e92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04yfz View Post
From my experience, service at BMW of Freehold sucks.
I agree! They told me I need to call 2 weeks ahead of time If I want a loaner car... wtf

^ hehe, im such a nerd! !
photography website
2008 e92 M3 AW/FR - new one!
2005 e46 M3 AW/B- sold :(
nMd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #33
alibusoul

My Ride: TiAg e46 Vert
thank god autobahn fort worth did not make it, they are the rudest, most arrogant dealer I've ever done business with
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #34
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Rick Hendrick Imports Charleston SC is the worst dealership ever they are very troubled, and I saw the work their body shop does too The guy that runs the used cars there is cool though.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
Mikeee46coupe

My Ride: IS ON DPE's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
Unfortunately, the title does not read "BMW North America Announces Best Dealerships in the US for Online Parts Sales and Service"

..but if it did....I would imagine that we would have been on there somewhere

Thanks for thinking of us, though!
Somewhere eh? I'd bet #1 Probably #2 and 3 too!

DPE Wheels, H&R, M3 Interior...way too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #36
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Erhard BMW FTW

sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:26 AM   #37
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
what about sterling bmw in newport beach, ca?

professional grade '02 nissan frontier rock crawler, and a 325 with a few add-ons.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #38
tpzblu330ci
TheOnlyConstantIsChange

My Ride: '11 Golf TDI
Send a message via AIM to tpzblu330ci
Freehold BMW or BMW of Freehold whatever they call it now, thats where we purchased the 330 from and have the 335 serviced there as well. Nice dealership, salesman are generally nice people, and the service staff is friendly and they have a plenty of loaners.

'93 Toyota LandCruiser
tpzblu330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #39
jorg323

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
what about sterling bmw in newport beach, ca?
Heh, what are the odds - that's the dealership I happened to visit while driving cross country from D.C. Everyone I talked to was great. Dropped in there because I needed new wipers and oil after the long drive. Ended up only buying the strips (the whole blades were too expensive), but i didn't know how to change them, so these two nice old guys at the parts desk did them real quick, no charge, while we chatted a bit. Thought it was kind of ironic: we have a BMW of Sterling out here that I occasionally go to, and their service seems pretty good, so I figured it was a good omen when I saw the one in Newport Beach.

18" Black ASA AR1 Rims | Yokohama Advan S4 Tires | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Brembo Slotted Rotors | 6000k Xenons | 6000k P. Chrom. Angel Eyes | Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights | K&N FIPK CAI | M-Tech II Front Bumper | 35% Tint | Clear Corners | Matte Black Grille
jorg323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #40
drkangldc

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325Ci
not surprised that savage bmw isn't in the list.....
drkangldc is offline   Reply With Quote