E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #41
Jason@Tischer
Your #1 OEM BMW Part Source

My Ride: '02 Dinan 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Jason@Tischer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeee46coupe View Post
Somewhere eh? I'd bet #1 Probably #2 and 3 too!
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Jason at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Jason@Tischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #42
greginno

My Ride: 2004 330xi
I nominate Herb Chambers BMW Boston for the worst list!
greginno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #43
DJ BeBe

My Ride: 2000 328i sedan
Send a message via MSN to DJ BeBe Send a message via Yahoo to DJ BeBe
Laurel BMW Of Westmont FTW. i just made some banners for them im picking up now

Vote for BEBEMUSIC @ The DJ List!

CLICK BELOW FOR MY LATEST MIXES
DJ BeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #44
Krystian_E46

My Ride: E46 M3,AA3 ZHP,S544D
Send a message via AIM to Krystian_E46 Send a message via Skype™ to Krystian_E46
Laurel BMW of Westmont Westmont IL, The Best

Owner of many E46's :)
[Currently own 2004 M3, 2005 AA 2.5 Kit ZHP(SOLD), S54 Sedan, 01 330ci and 1 Coupe 1 Sedan 1 E46 M3 parts cars]

Krystian_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #45
Vizhudda

My Ride: 1999 323i
Motorworks BMW, Blominton MN.....Rude parts dept people. (Excuse me, am I bothering you?) is how you have to aproach them.
Vizhudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #46
20ducks

My Ride: E46 M3 Cabrio
BARON BMW Merrriam, KS.....excellence in every department.
20ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #47
zentanker

My Ride: 2004 325i
I am not surprised to see my local dealership listed (BMW of Austin) as their service in every regard has been impeccable to my standards every time I have interacted with them.

Even though I did not purchase my car from them (I bought a used one from a Lotus dealership) they have treated me as if I were their best customer, both while my car was still under warranty, and later when not.

I might also note that I am in the military, and have almost always showed up in uniform to drop off my car. Though many people do respect those who serve, I am sure that many BMW dealerships might present a more snobby or less-than-prioritized treatment to someone in the military while harboring a false perception that he or she might not have the income to be a valued and continued customer. I never got any sense of that whatsoever at BMWoA. Granted, I know I don't make the six-figures+ that much of their clientele surely does, but I never had the feeling that it mattered at all.

Of course it goes without saying they're ultimately just as happy with even a janitor's credit card when paying for a $1400 service bill as they would be with that same money from a millionaire, but the potential for lesser service standards and attitude could certainly be there.

When I showed up in uniform at the Lotus dealership, I got the feeling that they were not really taking me as seriously as they could/should have. The executive/middle-management suit types seemed to get a bit more prompt attention. After they wasted time kissing their asses for a bit, I test drove the car I wanted. The price on the windshield was considerably higher than the one listed for the same car on their website. I don't know if it was an attempted bait-and-switch effort, but I made them pull up their own website and I showed them the advertised price. After some protests, I held them to the advertised price which was suppposedly a "mistake". Once I made them commit to the advertised price, we talked about financing. I actually chuckled and refused any discussion of it.

They seemed quite surprised when I pulled out my checkbook and wrote them a ~$25,000 check instead. During the course of this interaction, the more-pampered "suits" had sniffed around and already left, and I turned out to be the one driving away with a car from the lot. I don't think they were pleased that I not only took the car for $2500 less than they had on the windshield, but further did not even finance. Even so, their attitude changed a bit when they discovered I was the only actual customer in the showroom that afternoon.

The salesmen who chose to initially swarm the suits who bought nothing I'm sure felt a bit foolish for initially ignoring me. No soup or commission for YOU, and YOU, and YOU!

For what it is worth and as a footnote the Lotus dealership has since closed their doors.
zentanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #48
thekubiaks

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
I still think the whole 1-5 star service thing is a scam..

anything but a five and you are blacklisted.
I second that.... The star system is complete BS.

My dealer asks how you'll rate them and if you say five stars, miraculously BMWNA calls, If you tell the dealer anything else, BMWNA never calls (Mysterious?? As if BMWNA was never notified that you brought the car in for service)

I told the dealer one time it was five stars, BMWNA of course called, I expressed to them how I actually felt and boy the dealer was Pissed.....
I think I made the blacklist
Old 04-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #49
20ducks

My Ride: E46 M3 Cabrio
I've got a good relationship with my S/A so the car gets fixed most times the first time. I also know the techs that work there.
20ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #50
silentak1
Banned

My Ride: '03 330ci cabrio
Tischer BMW for parts. Period.

McKenna BMW (Augustine) is hands down the next best guy for my urgent local parts.
silentak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #51
spicoli024

My Ride: '06 Jet Black M3 ZCP
Step it up TX, seriously. Most unclassy dealerships in the nation. Ford does it better.

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S
spicoli024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #52
1TEXM3

My Ride: Gremlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeren View Post
I am so glad the New Country BMW, CT did not make it on this list. Crappy dealership. False diagnostics and repairs so they can stick BMW with repair cost.
BPT and Ridgefield seem to be pretty reliable and knowledgeable!
1TEXM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #53
1TEXM3

My Ride: Gremlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
Step it up TX, seriously. Most unclassy dealerships in the nation. Ford does it better.
Classic BMW of Plano is excellent IMO!!! Thats where my baby came from! Fellas there were great to deal with! Cannot speak to parts and service though...
1TEXM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #54
00-BMW-328i

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
Send a message via AIM to 00-BMW-328i
surprised bmw of riverside didnt make it on the list .....they have outstanding customer service there.....and the fixed my
sub-frame damage for free lol

Helrot Red 2000 328i

///EüroMob Member

Mods: Harmon Kardon Sound System / 5% Tint / DTM Exhaust / CCFL Halos / M3 Front Bumper / Blacked Out Grill / 18" MSR Style 45 rims / CAI / Ebay Headers

Mods 2 come:Power Programmer, DDM Coilovers, Hamann cf front lip, CSL Trunk, ACS Back window spoiler.
00-BMW-328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #55
justanotherokie

My Ride: 2002 330i
I see my dealership Did make the list. They should since they charge $120 computer hookup minimum.
justanotherokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #56
Jay Es21

My Ride: '02 M3 (grey)
i'm glad that Weatherford in berkeley/ emeryville didn't make this list they are the worst. arrogant sons of b*tches.
Jay Es21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #57
gwongbmw

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Encinitas BMW (San Diego County) is WORST for me. When they were Harloff BMW of Encinitas I had pretty decent service. Must be under new ownership???

Reasons (All of these occurred when they were Encinitas BMW):
1)Went in for rear bumper repair, rubber molding had damage, instead of replacing they "armour-all" it. I had confirmed with service advisor beforehand that the molding was supposed to be replaced. After a few days past I noticed the damage mark started to bleed thru. Returned the vehicle and they replaced it.
2)Had a $400 repair done, they charged me $5 to top off windshield wiper fluid. Did not get my authorization to have this done, I found out only after I picked up the car.
3)Had the driver side window regulator replaced, someone had rummaged thru my glove compartment. Two service advisors could NOT explain to me why access to the glove compartment was necessary.

Last edited by gwongbmw; 05-31-2009 at 11:51 AM.
gwongbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #58
SpeedDemon

My Ride: 08 M3/05 ZHP/08 R32
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
I still think the whole 1-5 star service thing is a scam..

anything but a five and you are blacklisted.
The Service Manager of our local BMW dealer, BMW of Bellevue, actually called up my girlfriend and yelled at her on the phone at 7:30 in the morning a week after she gave them a 3-star rating. She was only 21 at the time and it was the first BMW.

It was a simple reason too, she took the car in for an oil change and cabin filter swap. They charged us $120 for the oil change, $60 for the cabin filter, and $60 for the labor to put the cabin filter in (I know, I should have done it myself for her but I was super-busy at the time). After we get the car home, she told me she had already had a bad experience with them being rude to her so I popped off the cabin filter box and checked and they definitely did not replace the filter, it was completely black and covered in debris. They not only charged her for the part, but for the labor as well. She said that she wanted to deal with it, so she called them up and told them and they swore that they replaced it and wouldn't give her a refund and said that we were trying to take advantage of them.

She has sworn to never buy another BMW after the experience.

To top it off, I've had experiences there at go far beyond how bad that one was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst319 View Post
Now lets see a list of the worst dealers in the country.
This would be much more interesting. BMW of Bellevue, WA would be #1 on that list
SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #59
4rwheeler

My Ride: 2000 323i
Nice. Mine is the only 1 in Oregon to make the list. They have treated me very well for 9 years.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #60
fordpwns

My Ride: GR STi
i go to Rusnak in Westlake, and they treat me like a pile of poo every time I go there. Fvck Rusnak BMW.

Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas, and Steve Thomas BMW are superb however

-Dr. F. Pwns

"bro a real university is a little bit harder than community college. let me know if you get into haas, then you'll see"
fordpwns is offline   Reply With Quote