E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #61
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511340,00.html

The flipside of knives and younger sisters...
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #62
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorWerkz View Post
Because they are the good guys of the gun owners, have you met the bad guys?
Haven't met them they are the ones on the news! See xkrnxnamjahx's post for further details on their "ownership."
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #63
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
i laft @ "the flipside" posts...
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #64
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,779
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511340,00.html

The flipside of knives and younger sisters...
That is just fvcked up...I don't even know what to say. I would have blasted him straight to hell if I would have had a chance of saving any of them.

Clearly, this guy was a ticking time bomb. He has quite the history with the law. Our courts need to do a better job identifying chronically violent people with complete disregard for the law and lock them up for a long time...could have saved three innocent girls yesterday.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #65
Penguin Koolaid
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,701
My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddys///m View Post
"Homicides committed by friends/acquaintances and strangers are more likely to involve guns than those committed by initmates or family members."

51% of all homicides are committed by someone you know. This study includes ALL homocides. The percentage of gun homocides compared to total homocides (a guesstimate since their charts are not very detailed) is about 60%. The percentage of intimate and nonintimate family firearm homocides to total homocides is 21%. I won't necessarily include friends/acquaintances in there. I have many acquaintances (for example work colleagues) that don't know my wife's name, where I live, or anything else beyond what is public record.

That being said, I don't disagree that there is a flipside to gun ownership. Not everyone is responsible enough to own a firearm, even if they can pass a NICS background check. Just like not everyone is responsible enough to own a car, or have a baby, or walk and chew gum at the same time.
It's in the context of having to use deadly force to thwart a violent attack, not having to use deadly force only in the context of violent crimes involving guns.




When's the last time you decided, "hey... I won't shoot this guy because he's brandishing a knife, and not a gun."




That being said, at least no one is contesting that there is a flip-side to gun ownership, the original intention of this thread. It's a reminder that not everyone brandishing a weapon is safer, nor are they necessarily making you're existence safer. This isn't a thread about banning guns. However, it's rather easy to point out all the butt hurt gun owners who came to that conclusion

I want a gun owner thinking with their brain, not their emotions as clearly evident by many members in this thread.

Last edited by Penguin Koolaid; 03-30-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #66
JoeVert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 742
My Ride: 135i
The flip-side to eating food:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/or...,3149315.story
__________________
-JoeVert
JoeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #67
Kubica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,380
My Ride: 2003 325xi
You guys are forgetting something in this debate:

I am willing to guess almost all illegal guns currently in the US were at one point in time legal firearms.

So, gun owners, it looks like it is your fault that there are illegal guns on the streets.

So now your argument reads like this: We were irrrespsonsible for letting all those guns fall into the hands of criminals, so now we need to continue to buy guns so we can defend ourselves from our own guns that we let fall into criminal hands.

The only people you can blame for criminals having guns ARE GUN OWNERS!

Thanks gun owners! Way to be responsible! Keep up the good work!

And a special thanks to Texas gun owners: way to use all them guns to keep out illegal aliens invading our country.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #68
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Actually, the flip side to gun ownership is the cost
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:53 AM   #69
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
You guys are forgetting something in this debate:

I am willing to guess almost all illegal guns currently in the US were at one point in time legal firearms.

So, gun owners, it looks like it is your fault that there are illegal guns on the streets.

So now your argument reads like this: We were irrrespsonsible for letting all those guns fall into the hands of criminals, so now we need to continue to buy guns so we can defend ourselves from our own guns that we let fall into criminal hands.

The only people you can blame for criminals having guns ARE GUN OWNERS!

Thanks gun owners! Way to be responsible! Keep up the good work!

And a special thanks to Texas gun owners: way to use all them guns to keep out illegal aliens invading our country.
I would really like to know where in the world, you pulled this harmonious piece of crap from, and spewed it on the walls like it was the gospal according to Kubica....

Most fire arms that are made illegal, are made so by the government. They set the rules, that we have to follow. Hate to burst your liberal tree hugging brain, but when you commit a crime, and steal my gun in the process, how is it that I am irresponsable?

Let's really look at this. You BREAK INTO MY HOUSE, and steal MY GUN and TV. The laws YOU broke are the following:
-Tresspassing
-Breaking and entering
-Robbery
-Armed Robbery (Once the gun was in your possesion
-Fleeing the scene of a crime
-Distruction of personal property

So it is my problem that YOU took it upon yourself to steal my well hidden AR-15 from my house??? Where do you come up with this stuff?

That is like me saying, everytime you take a drink, you are killing someone because of a DUI. You are no further connected to the situation, other than you share a common interest. If you steal something from me, from my house, YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW.

And the illegal aliens comment... Which fvcking side are you on??? First you b!tch about gun owners and then complain about the aliens? I thought you liberal baby killer, tree hugging, pot smoking, cocaine snorting, social project starting, auto bailout pvssies were all for "equality under the law".

Which is it?
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:20 AM   #70
xkrnxnamjahx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,338
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
You guys are forgetting something in this debate:

I am willing to guess almost all illegal guns currently in the US were at one point in time legal firearms.

So, gun owners, it looks like it is your fault that there are illegal guns on the streets.

So now your argument reads like this: We were irrrespsonsible for letting all those guns fall into the hands of criminals, so now we need to continue to buy guns so we can defend ourselves from our own guns that we let fall into criminal hands.

The only people you can blame for criminals having guns ARE GUN OWNERS!

Thanks gun owners! Way to be responsible! Keep up the good work!

And a special thanks to Texas gun owners: way to use all them guns to keep out illegal aliens invading our country.
Class of 2008 strikes again.
Your arguement is not very conclusive even though you make it seem so.

Keep pointing fingers if you wish, but to blame a group of people in a broad subject such as gun control/ownership and hold them liable is comedic.

It's like trying to figure out who is to blame for the economic crisis, everyone got their own theories, but ONE group of people are not to be blamed.

Like drugs, guns can be smuggled in illegally into the U.S., they can be manufactured here illegally, stolen from warehouses, factories, pawn shops (happens quite often,) etc. so even if you make guns illegal, there are ways to get them.

So Kubica, what are you plans if gun ownership is illegal in the U.S., there are untraceable guns which means you are only robbing the innocent people of their means of self-defence, I understand you blame gun owners but that still doesn't change that fact that whats happened, happened. A criminal can take as little as 30 seconds to come into your room get whatever he is looking for and leave, while some police reponse can take 10 minutes or more.

Do you trust all police officers? I understand their duty is humble, but there are officers who sees it as just a job, not a duty to uphold. Look at all the previous dictators such as Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc, the laws they have put up and rights they have taken away to uphold their absolute power. (Look at the US PATRIOT Act, don't allow the words "patriot" fool you.)

History repeats itself, and power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.
__________________

xkrnxnamjahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 AM   #71
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,960
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
fact: gun control increases crime. Australia's crime has gone up dramatically as their guns laws have become stricter.

fact: the UK has higher victim crime rates than the US.

fact: criminals are more scared of being shot by a victim than prison.

fact: the mass murderer discussed in this formum was stopped by a gun.
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 03-31-2009 at 07:24 AM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:48 AM   #72
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,384
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
I would really like to know where in the world, you pulled this harmonious piece of crap from, and spewed it on the walls like it was the gospal according to Kubica....

Most fire arms that are made illegal, are made so by the government. They set the rules, that we have to follow. Hate to burst your liberal tree hugging brain, but when you commit a crime, and steal my gun in the process, how is it that I am irresponsable?

Let's really look at this. You BREAK INTO MY HOUSE, and steal MY GUN and TV. The laws YOU broke are the following:
-Tresspassing
-Breaking and entering
-Robbery
-Armed Robbery (Once the gun was in your possesion
-Fleeing the scene of a crime
-Distruction of personal property

So it is my problem that YOU took it upon yourself to steal my well hidden AR-15 from my house??? Where do you come up with this stuff?

That is like me saying, everytime you take a drink, you are killing someone because of a DUI. You are no further connected to the situation, other than you share a common interest. If you steal something from me, from my house, YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW.

And the illegal aliens comment... Which fvcking side are you on??? First you b!tch about gun owners and then complain about the aliens? I thought you liberal baby killer, tree hugging, pot smoking, cocaine snorting, social project starting, auto bailout pvssies were all for "equality under the law".

Which is it?
+1. Thanks for typing it out.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:00 AM   #73
Ferm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,987
My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
"Avant's father spoke with Eyewitness News Sunday afternoon. He said the he was hit 27 times by bullets and there was nothing doctors could do to save him."

__________________
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 AM   #74
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
+1. Thanks for typing it out.
No problem.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #75
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
+1. Thanks for typing it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
No problem.
Yeah, thanks. I don't have the energy to argue with that nit-wit.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #76
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
This is without a doubt the least intelligent thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Congrats for failing at reason
He's been in the last few firearm threads and is great for a laugh. Make a mental note of the username and you'll see what I mean, lol.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:07 AM   #77
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
This is without a doubt the least intelligent thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Congrats for failing at reason and life
+1 and fixed.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #78
xavi330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,959
My Ride: 2004 330i smg
If you abolish our 2nd amendment, how will We the People take back control of our government if it lost or taken by some other group than the ones we elect.

Its also a deterrent for outside enemies who contemplate invading us. The civilians are armed.

Nobody sees the bigger picture.
__________________

Last edited by xavi330i; 03-31-2009 at 11:05 AM.
xavi330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #79
Kubica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,380
My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
I would really like to know where in the world, you pulled this harmonious piece of crap from, and spewed it on the walls like it was the gospal according to Kubica....

Most fire arms that are made illegal, are made so by the government. They set the rules, that we have to follow. Hate to burst your liberal tree hugging brain, but when you commit a crime, and steal my gun in the process, how is it that I am irresponsable?

Let's really look at this. You BREAK INTO MY HOUSE, and steal MY GUN and TV. The laws YOU broke are the following:
-Tresspassing
-Breaking and entering
-Robbery
-Armed Robbery (Once the gun was in your possesion
-Fleeing the scene of a crime
-Distruction of personal property

So it is my problem that YOU took it upon yourself to steal my well hidden AR-15 from my house??? Where do you come up with this stuff?

That is like me saying, everytime you take a drink, you are killing someone because of a DUI. You are no further connected to the situation, other than you share a common interest. If you steal something from me, from my house, YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW.

And the illegal aliens comment... Which fvcking side are you on??? First you b!tch about gun owners and then complain about the aliens? I thought you liberal baby killer, tree hugging, pot smoking, cocaine snorting, social project starting, auto bailout pvssies were all for "equality under the law".

Which is it?
If someone breaks into your house and steals your gun, it's your fault, period. You should have it locked up securely. You have placed an externality on the public by not locking up your gun. Are you going to take responsibilty for any damage that gun does? Probably not.

It's way too easy to get an illegal gun in this country. This is because it's so easy to purchase a gun legally. It is much harder to get an illegal firearm in a county like England, for example, where there is much stricter gun control.

Does that mean that criminals in England don't have guns? No, it doesn't. It does mean, however, that criminals don't need guns to do their criminal thing.

The only logical way forward to reduce gun crime is to reduce the amount of guns in this country. Adding more guns to counteract all the illegal guns will never work.

The illegal aliens comment was just a little jab. It doesn't seem like all those guns in Texas are being put to good use.

And if you want to blame anybody for the state of the county right now, please don't blame liberals. Your conservative head-in-the-sand, shock-and -awe, ship the jobs overseas, deregulate the markets beliefs are what got us into this mess.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #80
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
^, I can't breathe, lol
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use