E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #81
xavi330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,959
My Ride: 2004 330i smg
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi330i View Post
If you abolish our 2nd amendment, how will We the People take back control of our government if it lost or taken by some other group than the ones we elect.

Its also a deterrent for outside enemies who contemplate invading us. The civilians are armed.

Nobody sees the bigger picture.
I quoted myself.
__________________
xavi330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #82
3onDubs
Registered User
 
3onDubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: yes
Posts: 6,884
My Ride: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
Wow, I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. I didn't realize how sensitive some people would be.
Serious. Dogs and Guns seems to be extremely sacred on here
__________________
3onDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #83
Adamo99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 288
My Ride: 330Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
If someone breaks into your house and steals your gun, it's your fault, period. You should have it locked up securely. You have placed an externality on the public by not locking up your gun. Are you going to take responsibilty for any damage that gun does? Probably not. blah blah blah
Were you born retarded, or it a condition that you've developed recently?
Adamo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #84
Kubica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,384
My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkrnxnamjahx View Post
Class of 2008 strikes again.
Your arguement is not very conclusive even though you make it seem so.

Keep pointing fingers if you wish, but to blame a group of people in a broad subject such as gun control/ownership and hold them liable is comedic.

It's like trying to figure out who is to blame for the economic crisis, everyone got their own theories, but ONE group of people are not to be blamed.

Like drugs, guns can be smuggled in illegally into the U.S., they can be manufactured here illegally, stolen from warehouses, factories, pawn shops (happens quite often,) etc. so even if you make guns illegal, there are ways to get them.

So Kubica, what are you plans if gun ownership is illegal in the U.S., there are untraceable guns which means you are only robbing the innocent people of their means of self-defence, I understand you blame gun owners but that still doesn't change that fact that whats happened, happened. A criminal can take as little as 30 seconds to come into your room get whatever he is looking for and leave, while some police reponse can take 10 minutes or more.

Do you trust all police officers? I understand their duty is humble, but there are officers who sees it as just a job, not a duty to uphold. Look at all the previous dictators such as Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc, the laws they have put up and rights they have taken away to uphold their absolute power. (Look at the US PATRIOT Act, don't allow the words "patriot" fool you.)

History repeats itself, and power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.
You have some good poiints in here. But I disagree on several poiints.

I can't find much research about how many illegal firearms are smuggled into the US, but I am willing to bet most illegal guns are not smuggled over international borders. That's like bringing snow to Canada, or sand to the desert. I am willing to bet they became illegal here in the US.

And yes, you will always be able to get anything illegal in this country for the right price. This is not a valid reason to legalize (so far) drugs in this country, so I don't see how it applies to firearms.

Lets' assume for a second that a criminal robs a bank with a stolen gun. The only person you can blame for that criminal having a gun is the person who bought the gun and let it out of his possesion. Surely you can't blame me, or anyone who has never owned a gun.

I do have a few different ideas for better gun control. I would like to see handguns stopped being produced for the public. Military and law enforcement only. Second, i would make every gun owner have to register their gun every year by physically bringing it in and having it inspected, like a car. If you lost your gun, it was stolen, or you don't have posession of it, I would like to see big fines and possible jail time. I think ballistics should be run on every gun as well, so if one is used in a crime it can be traced. There could also be a big tax on ammunition used outside of shooting ranges, Chis Rock style. Ban all guns in metro areas, except for law enforcment, and impse strict sentences on offenders.

Telling me how long it takes a criminal to enter your house does not change my opinion. Things need to change in this country, in my opinion. Buying more guns or putting a gun in every household to combat criminals is not the answer.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #85
Kubica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,384
My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo99 View Post
Were you born retarded, or it a condition that you've developed recently?
Sorry kid. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make him an idiot. I'll go head to head with you on IQ, SAT scores, college degrees, salary, hell we could even square off in a jeopardy contest, i don't care.

Don't blame me you have such a narrow point of view.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #86
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Your posts are so moronic that they are almost unbelievable. Are we on some sort of hidden camera show? Really, be honest!

Quote:
Lets' assume for a second that a criminal robs a bank with a stolen gun. The only person you can blame for that criminal having a gun is the person who bought the gun and let it out of his possesion. Surely you can't blame me, or anyone who has never owned a gun.
This is by far the dumbest thing I've heard in a while! Yes, let's not blame the criminal who is committing a crime on many levels, let's blame the honest citizen who passed the criminal background check that got robbed of his possessions! Wow, could you be any more low functioning and still be able to type?!
__________________


** Removed **

Last edited by SLVR JDM; 03-31-2009 at 12:30 PM.
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #87
xxcosmicxx
The OG Black Roof
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,919
My Ride: Long Gone
Threads like these waste internet
__________________
xxcosmicxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #88
xavi330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,959
My Ride: 2004 330i smg
There are other means of commiting a crime with violent intent without the use of a gun of sorts.


Knives, gernades, bazookas, rpg's, brass knuckles, ninja stars, swords, crossbows, bow n arrow, bo, trombone, numchucks, tazers, flashbangs, teargas, paintball, bb's, cane, needles, chemicals, flammables, a ball-point pen, baseball bat, golf club, my e46, my fist.... the list is huge, it's endless.

If you want to abolish guns, might as well add the list above too. That way we can walk around like helpless pansies and submit to the criminals

Next thread will be titled
"Flip-side of baseball bat ownership"
Should the owner of the baseball bat be liable for damages done by someone who stole his bat?
__________________

Last edited by xavi330i; 03-31-2009 at 12:59 PM.
xavi330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #89
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
I'm going to leave this thread before I incur an infraction or two. It's been fun guys. Until next time....keep shooting!
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:59 PM   #90
Kubica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,384
My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Your posts are so moronic that they are almost unbelievable. Are we on some sort of hidden camera show? Really, be honest!



This is by far the dumbest thing I've heard in a while! Yes, let's not blame the criminal who is committing a crime on many levels, let's blame the honest citizen who passed the criminal background check that got robbed of his possessions! Wow, could you be any more low functioning and still be able to type?!
So gun owners shouldn't be responsible for their guns? Who should be responsible for your guns then SLVR JDM? Me? The government? If you can't be trusted to keep your guns out of the hands of criminals, you shouldn't have them.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #91
xavi330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,959
My Ride: 2004 330i smg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
So gun owners shouldn't be responsible for their guns? Who should be responsible for your guns then SLVR JDM? Me? The government? If you can't be trusted to keep your guns out of the hands of criminals, you shouldn't have them.

There is no safe place on this earth for gun storage.

If a criminal wants it, he will find a way to get it.
__________________
xavi330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:22 PM   #92
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
So gun owners shouldn't be responsible for their guns? Who should be responsible for your guns then SLVR JDM? Me? The government? If you can't be trusted to keep your guns out of the hands of criminals, you shouldn't have them.
Of course you should be responsible for where your gun ends up. That's why you either turn it in or keep it locked up somewhere.

If you lend someone your car, or they steal it, and they kill someone with it... are you held responsible?
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:43 PM   #93
hi its me alec
Registered User
 
hi its me alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,125
My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
It doesn't scare anyone here that random 18 year old thug wannabes are running around with guns LEGALLY!????!?! I've had 3 guns flashed at me since I moved out on my own, and every time I see one I feel like moving in with my parents again and never leaving the house. I don't understand how this doesn't scare people into changing legislation. Everyone is running around scared and poor with a gun in their pants, this cannot end well.

Look, it's obvious that in this day and age, 70% of the people in this country are dumber than they should be. People in general cannot be trusted with firearms, anyone with a focking brain knows this; hell, people can't even be trusted with cars or money or FOOD. If there are no firearms sold, there are none in circulation. In the U.S., we have the attitude that everyone is out to get us; if we change that attitude to "let's all help each other," we would all be better off. Although some people might think of this as an unrealistic goal to achieve, look at what happened in Canada with universal health care. That was supposed to be impossible with the western economy, but all it took was one person to change everyone's mind, and now they're all happier and better off. Similar scenario, but it is a much different subject.

Cars and internet messageboards aren't made to puncture skin and end someone's life, guns are. There is no logical reason for anyone to think that guns should be rightfully legal, and that's the end of story. The only argument there is would be the fact that there are so many of them and it would be very hard to get a majority off the streets. But still, there is no positive side to them, they're death machines. With other 'negative' things like Alcohol, Marijuana, illegal immigrants and abortion, at least there are plenty of positives that could conceivably outweigh the negatives. If guns weren't being pumped through our economy like candy during the Bush administration, we could have actually done something about it and we'd all be better off with zero. Now there are just too many proud paranoid people who think they need them for protection, and they will never give them up. They only reason I'd ever 'okay' a gun is for people with clean records who live in awful and violent neighborhoods (and hunting I guess,) and that's only because there will always be guns and related dangers in places like that until something is changed. The "bear arms" amendment was thought up by someone about 250 years ago, and it has no relevance to life today. Back then, everyone was hunting wild animals as a main source of food and fighting off the invading British while moving westward into the unknown.

The reason we have the Army and Police now is to protect us. If we start to have the mentality that everyone should have a gun to protect their own ass, everyone will end up dead, especially with the way people think nowadays.

Sadly, I'm going to catch a lot of crap for this post, as this topic is a big difference between modern-day liberal "peace" types and most conservatives. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I would love to hear a good reply to my post from the other side. This is something I've never shared outside of my own brain.
__________________
WTB: Complete e46 M3 rear end


Last edited by hi its me alec; 03-31-2009 at 01:45 PM.
hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #94
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Quote:
If someone breaks into your house and steals your gun, it's your fault, period. You should have it locked up securely. You have placed an externality on the public by not locking up your gun. Are you going to take responsibilty for any damage that gun does? Probably not.

It's way too easy to get an illegal gun in this country. This is because it's so easy to purchase a gun legally. It is much harder to get an illegal firearm in a county like England, for example, where there is much stricter gun control.

Does that mean that criminals in England don't have guns? No, it doesn't. It does mean, however, that criminals don't need guns to do their criminal thing.

The only logical way forward to reduce gun crime is to reduce the amount of guns in this country. Adding more guns to counteract all the illegal guns will never work.

The illegal aliens comment was just a little jab. It doesn't seem like all those guns in Texas are being put to good use.
I seriously hope that this post is a ****ing joke. You are about the dombest person I have ever had the pleasure of talking to in my life. It is my responsability to lock up my guns, so a person BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE TO STEAL THINGS CAN'T TAKE THEM????

So if they steal my gun safe, then what? What if I had the gun hidden well, and they found it? What if I was carrying it, and they took it from me? what part of the following statement is difficult for you to understand...

THE PERSONBREAKING INTO MY HOUSE AND STEALING MY GUNS, COMMITTING ARMED ROBBERY IS BREAKING THE FVCKING LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that really hard to understand? If someone steals a knife from your kitchen, and then decapitates their 5 year old sister in front of police, are you responsable for not locking it up?

If someone steals your car, and commits a robbery, flees the scene of the crime resists arrest, and then kills someone by running them over, is it your fault???

Your logic, and stupidity dictate it is... Tell you what. I need your home phone, address, and cell number. I will swing by, steal your car, and kill people with it. When I am caught, I will tell the police that you are to blame, and to arrest you.


Unless you are oblivious to sarcasm, this is not the way the world works.

Quote:
And if you want to blame anybody for the state of the county right now, please don't blame liberals. Your conservative head-in-the-sand, shock-and -awe, ship the jobs overseas, deregulate the markets beliefs are what got us into this mess.

Really? Ship jobs over seas is our problem now too? So the CEOs, who find cheaper labor without BS unions, and retirment, and all the other BS that it takes to have a person work for you, not to mention the increase in taxes to employ someone to pay taxes, to file taxes on your local and state and federal, to pay tax on all the goods he helped make, while paying taxes on his gas to drive his used car which paid taxes twice on, just to drive to the tax agency once a year, and pay tax on having someone do his taxes...

You are a fvcking idiot.

Deregulate the markets? Did you happen to pay attention in the past 3 years? I believe the deregulation of the markets was spearheaded by the Libs, and not stopped by the republicans.

You want to talk sh!t, and go toe to toe with someone... bring it on. You are an irresponsable, irrational, blind idoit, with absolutely no forethought or design behind the words you speak. Let me guess, Obama is your king... He'll fix everything....

Wanna blame Bush, and the republicans (Whom I might add, are not all in favor of Bush) fine. Talk about sticking ones head in the sand.

Open a newspaper. Read a book. Stop thinking with your Obama Rod.

Ban my guns. I double fvcking dare you. You may take mine... but not everyones. Then it will be on your head if I ever need it. Mark my words kubica... It will be on your head. See you in hell.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #95
JoeVert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 742
My Ride: 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post


Lets' assume for a second that a criminal robs a bank with a stolen gun. The only person you can blame for that criminal having a gun is the person who bought the gun and let it out of his possesion. Surely you can't blame me, or anyone who has never owned a gun.

i would make every gun owner have to register their gun every year by physically bringing it in and having it inspected, like a car. If you lost your gun, it was stolen, or you don't have posession of it, I would like to see big fines and possible jail time.
Ok, lets get this straight. If I lose my gun I go to jail? If a criminal robs a bank with my stolen gun I go to jail? Lets use other examples:

20,700 people killed by guns every year.
150,000+ deaths per year from auto accidents.

So lets say some guy bashes in my car window and steals my car because he doesn't have a car of his own. He then loses control and hits a kid on the road. Using your logic, I should be responsible and go to jail for the death of the kid and the guy driving should be let off scott free because he wouldn't have killed the kid if I wasn't irresponsible and left my car outside for 20 min without my supervision.

Let's also say that I lost my car or had it stolen. When my inspection time comes and I don't show because I don't have a car, I should be arrested for letting something out of my possession that kills, on average, 6X as many americans as guns do?

Your logic is so flawed its scary. To think people like you that believe what you say exist is downright terrifying.
__________________
-JoeVert
JoeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #96
hi its me alec
Registered User
 
hi its me alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,125
My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
ok


This couldnt be anymore false. It has more relevance today than ever.


Do some more research. The oath/mission statement of the police/army is NOT to protect us. The day you put all your faith into someone else to protect you and your family... is the day you've made your worst mistake.
It only has relevance if you give it relevance. At this rate, it's only going to get worse and worse and it would be better to cut it short than let it get out of control. Although I'm waaaaaaaaaaay against guns, I have been considering buying one just because I'm scared out of my f*cking mind that some nutjob is going to jack my car at a stop light. As soon as I thought about buying one, it threw up a red flag in my head and I realized how wrong that mentality is. If everyone has that "I'm scared so I have to fight fire with fire" mentality, everyone is in big trouble. Remember... 7/10.

The oath of the police is "To protect and serve." I have little faith in the police as it is, but it would be a much MUCH different story if they were the only people with guns.
__________________
WTB: Complete e46 M3 rear end

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #97
xavi330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,959
My Ride: 2004 330i smg
Those who believe in banning guns in the US, should go live in Japan.
__________________
xavi330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #98
hi its me alec
Registered User
 
hi its me alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,125
My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVert View Post
Ok, lets get this straight. If I lose my gun I go to jail? If a criminal robs a bank with my stolen gun I go to jail? Lets use other examples:

20,700 people killed by guns every year.
150,000+ deaths per year from auto accidents.

So lets say some guy bashes in my car window and steals my car because he doesn't have a car of his own. He then loses control and hits a kid on the road. Using your logic, I should be responsible and go to jail for the death of the kid and the guy driving should be let off scott free because he wouldn't have killed the kid if I wasn't irresponsible and left my car outside for 20 min without my supervision.

Let's also say that I lost my car or had it stolen. When my inspection time comes and I don't show because I don't have a car, I should be arrested for letting something out of my possession that kills, on average, 6X as many americans as guns do?

Your logic is so flawed its scary. To think people like you that believe what you say exist is downright terrifying.
Read my long post man.
__________________
WTB: Complete e46 M3 rear end

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #99
hi its me alec
Registered User
 
hi its me alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,125
My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi330i View Post
Those who believe in banning guns in the US, should go live in Japan.
We all love it in the U.S., and that's why we haven't left already.
__________________
WTB: Complete e46 M3 rear end

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #100
Adamo99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 288
My Ride: 330Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Sorry kid. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make him an idiot. I'll go head to head with you on IQ, SAT scores, college degrees, salary, hell we could even square off in a jeopardy contest, i don't care.
Shall we whip out our cocks, too? Kid?? What a joke. I don't know what colour the sky is in your world, but you really should share some of whatever it is you're smoking.
Adamo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use