E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #341
Bagels52

My Ride: None.
So has anyone made any progress yet?
Bagels52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:33 AM   #342
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagels52 View Post
So has anyone made any progress yet?
I gave up, because of the EWS problem I was having after flashing DMEs.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #343
Toofpik

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Isnt there a way to bypass the EWS?
Toofpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #344
Bagels52

My Ride: None.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toofpik View Post
For me yes but thats cause im working with the parameters of a late model E36. Not sure for you guys, you have like EWSIII and IV and what not.
Bagels52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #345
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toofpik View Post
Irony of EWS on new BMW is so complex, it has rolling codes, the code changes as you drive and they all have to match. But still the #1 car brand stolen in eastern europe are late model BMWs! Now how is this posible if BMW has the most complex anti-theft system???

Because all BMW dielership in the world have the access for the key information, so if you lose your keys in Romania, you can just go to local BMW dealer and they will just make you new key coded. Thiefs use the same method, they bought the key info from some dealership in Bulgaria and all they need is your vin number, these guys are so good if they want to steal your BMW they just glance at the vin code trough windshield and memorise it. Then they go to their car and have BMW key making machine and coder, and just make the key there and drive your new BMW like it's their own. Bahahaha good job EWS
Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #346
e60fan

My Ride: 525i
Guys what do I need to flash MS45 DME with tuned firmware? As I know it can be done via BDM100 and power supply on the table, but how I can connect BDM socket to chip? I can do this only via BDM141 adapter?

Thanks!

Last edited by e60fan; 10-03-2011 at 12:10 PM.
e60fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #347
jaymemaurice

My Ride: 01 330ci, 03 Passat
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennymedeiros View Post
neither was UNIX the operating system and everybody's combined effort around the world together (free of charge) built the best Operating system in the world.
I lol'd when I read this. ... a bunch of suckers wrote building blocks of the code in OSX, Windows, Solaris, Android, etc. free of pay.

Rain Sensor Retrofit: Here
Coupe Headline Replacement: Here
jaymemaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 AM   #348
Hageee

My Ride: E46 330xiA
Send a message via ICQ to Hageee
Any option to flash the DME with a tuned file over a OBD2 Cable (working with INPA, DIS, CarTune... ) ?
Hageee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #349
e60fan

No
Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #350
pilot1ner

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennymedeiros View Post
Hi all,

I'm an experienced tuner (Mitsubishi, GM cars) and I want to have a open discussion with anybody that has information on tuning BMW's. OR any kind of information you want to share, or spare ecu you can donate "temporary"..

I found the hardware that is needed for READ/WRITE
"KWP2000+ Plus ECU Flasher"

example: On my 2003 330i my ECU is a Siemens MS43.

Since the ones that hold ALL the knowledge dont want to share the info I'm taking it on myself with the help of others (I hope) to find the info and in the hopes to finally provide a solution to ALL to tune our own cars and be able to create our own custom F/I kits...

I know Im a little late to respond to this thread, but you should check out Bavarian technic. Alot of the SC use this device. WOW I was really late!.haha Oh well

Last edited by pilot1ner; 10-04-2011 at 09:09 AM.
pilot1ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #351
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakenTT View Post
I gave up, because of the EWS problem I was having after flashing DMEs.
HakenTT - I believe RPM motorsport would be capable of making it so that both of your DMEs and your EWS module are all using the same codes. I understand not wanting to spend money, and wouldn't want to in your position. I don't know about others, but I'd be willing to contribute to a chipin or paypal fund or something to make this possible.

Also you mentioned in another post on how the MSS54 is "even easier" - does that mean you've already done work with it? Is there any documentation I can read somewhere? MSS54 is much more relevant to my interests
Old 10-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #352
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Also you mentioned in another post on how the MSS54 is "even easier" - does that mean you've already done work with it? Is there any documentation I can read somewhere? MSS54 is much more relevant to my interests
The EWS coding thing is so complex as far as I know , no aftermarket tuner made EWS eliminating tune for MS43, I don't want to be buying ECUs on ebay for $100 a pop just to find out I can't even sync them to my EWS module. I am keeping my nice E46 bone stock and it already has enough power for me.

As for MSS54, yes it is more simple than MS43 that may be because BMW made it tuner friendly because it comes in M cars?
I already have all the map location, what they are, and how to tune them in Excel file. I downloaded them from some ecu tuning forums, you can find them. Also you can find cracked version of Winols 1.5 software with MSS54 plug in and it will have all the tuning stuff there for your ECU.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #353
e60fan

Guys I need map file for ms45 ecu. I can pay some money.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #354
e60fan

I very very need offset of the equipment in ms45
Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #355
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
any further progress here? got kwp2000+ and read the DME, works fine. bought a spare dme with virgin VIN, changed it with stock one, flashed it with winkfp to write VIN, reset ews table and works fine, too.

now i have 2 dmeīs which i can change and just need to press ews-abgleich within INPA

one can virginize every MS43 as far as i understood, so its just a matter of buying the right programmer and reflash the flash unit.

i found a virginized dump and will try that when the flash sockets arrive, so i donīt need to de-/solder those parts
daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #356
karitammi

My Ride: 325 (E46) Cabrio
Hi all, newbie here. I bought Galletto and saved the ECU file from MS43 ECU (e46 325 cabrio manual). I tried to download it back on ECU and got it through without warnings. Now the car doesn't start. Any ideas to fix the problem? The file I got downloaded was 64 kB. Hopefully I didn't brick my ECU
karitammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #357
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Thread revival. Reading through all 18 pages, I was disappointed to see this thread fall flat on its face.

HakenTT, did you ever manage to change any parameters from your stock tune (ie. rev limit, top speed, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
The e46 M3 is by far the most boring and worst M3 that BMW has made to date.
It's amazing to me that a non M E46 is such a beautiful car but the E46 M has never done much for me.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #358
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Thread revival. Reading through all 18 pages, I was disappointed to see this thread fall flat on its face.

HakenTT, did you ever manage to change any parameters from your stock tune (ie. rev limit, top speed, etc.)
thats actually quite simple.

you need a programmer which is able to read/write AM29F400 flash rom, read the 512kb file, put it into winols, compare it to the xdf file, change the wanted value and winols will align the checksumm. reflash the AM29F400 and your ready to go. the much more complex part is, how to dissassemble/find the right maps in the file

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #359
Think0rz

My Ride: 05 AW M3
theres a great thread going on about this on m3forum by p0lar he's a very talented individual who's basically doing this samething but is actively working on it with several other talented people. They've made great headway and have a lot of info available you should go check it out.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #360
Hageee

My Ride: E46 330xiA
Send a message via ICQ to Hageee
Anything new on GS20 Transmission Control Unit? :-(
Hageee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom tuning, dme tuning, flashing, kwp2000