E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AZ NM NV OK TX UT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #161
joseigh

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Momentum BMW Southwest on 59 and Beltway 8 has their own Paint and Body shop. Not sure if they will do it, but it is worth a shot. They have done paint work on my car a couple times for minor paint and body work and did a good job. I wish I had paid a little more and had an OEM shop to do my Mtech II instead of an Indy Shop. Then just install it yourself. Like I said before, if you are willing to come down to Clear Lake I will help you install it (if I am still in the area, moving back to Cali in the near future).
Just my $.02, but Momentum BMW is horrible. I bought my car from the Southwest location. The sales experience was fine, but any service experience I've had with their locations has been ridiculous. I figured that maybe it was because I bought my car pre-owned, and maybe I would have had better service had I dropped 80k on a new car, but I've heard multiple stories from different people about really bad experiences with them, regardless of how much money you dropped. It seems like there is a lot of negative opinions about dealers in general on these forums... 20 million Elvis fans and all that, right?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #162
spicoli024

My Ride: '06 Jet Black M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmr3 View Post
anybody knows where can i have my mtec 2 painted and installed? i live in stafford/sugarland. thanks
Metropolitan Collision in the Heights. Ask for Andy, tell him Kyle sent you and you will be in and out. They do the best body work in Houston and are the only people I trust to do any work on my car. They completely rebuilt my friend's dad's M5 and it looks brand new.

http://metropolitancollision.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseigh View Post
Just my $.02, but Momentum BMW is horrible. I bought my car from the Southwest location. The sales experience was fine, but any service experience I've had with their locations has been ridiculous. I figured that maybe it was because I bought my car pre-owned, and maybe I would have had better service had I dropped 80k on a new car, but I've heard multiple stories from different people about really bad experiences with them, regardless of how much money you dropped. It seems like there is a lot of negative opinions about dealers in general on these forums... 20 million Elvis fans and all that, right?
I agree. Their salesmen are great, but their service is absolutely ridiculous. During a transmission fluid flush in the above mentioned M5, they replaced the fluid with windshield washer fluid. My friend's dad used to own Momentum and it was great back then, but he sold it and everything went to ****. Advantage in Midtown is not too bad. It is a little subpar aesthetically, as far as BMW dealership, but the customer service is good and they get the job done.

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S
spicoli024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #163
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseigh View Post
I agree, it is horrible. The sales people are great but the service department sucks ass. They had my car for over 2 weeks dicking around with it when I needed the tranny replaced. I read up about the sticking manual tranny issues my car was having, I think there was a TSB out on it and when I told the service advisor about it, they looked at me like I was an alien. After trying some fix it kit for the tranny that didn't work after over a week, they finally got an approval from BMW NA for a new one, which I told them about in the first place.

But I wasn't sending him there for the service, I was referring to the paint and body shop at their location.

At any rate, he already found a place that is painting his bumper.

Last edited by cd330; 12-04-2009 at 09:06 AM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #164
jose325i

My Ride: 08 BMW 135i
I heard Intercontinental bodyshop is also goodhttp://www.intbodyshop.com

And...it is snowing!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #165
BADBMR

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I was on my way home last night driving down Dairy Ashford when a red E46 M with black rims & red time attack flew by me and got stopped by HPD. Thought he was coming after me until I saw that red flash go by. I was in a AW E46 M with CSL mods & black CSL rims. Just wondreing if it was anybody on here.
BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #166
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
I agree, it is horrible. The sales people are great but the service department sucks ass. They had my car for over 2 weeks dicking around with it when I needed the tranny replaced. I read up about the sticking manual tranny issues my car was having, I think there was a TSB out on it and when I told the service advisor about it, they looked at me like I was an alien. After trying some fix it kit for the tranny that didn't work after over a week, they finally got an approval from BMW NA for a new one, which I told them about in the first place.

But I wasn't sending him there for the service, I was referring to the paint and body shop at their location.

At any rate, he already found a place that is painting his bumper.
thanks for the help chad, i found an auto paint shop in bellaire will do paint the front bumper for $150. ill try to install by sunday if they can paint tomorrow since its snowing here today.
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #167
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBMR View Post
I was on my way home last night driving down Dairy Ashford when a red E46 M with black rims & red time attack flew by me and got stopped by HPD. Thought he was coming after me until I saw that red flash go by.
I always see that red M3 on Hwy 3 in Clear Lake, I have actually posted a couple times here. The last time I was driving my car I saw him and he waved at me. Not sure if he is on the board though, if so he hasnt found this section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmr3 View Post
thanks for the help chad, i found an auto paint shop in bellaire will do paint the front bumper for $150. ill try to install by sunday if they can paint tomorrow since its snowing here today.
No problem Vic, like I said, if you need some help and want to do it Sunday, I may have some time.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #168
derek0606

My Ride: 01 330CI Orient
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose325i View Post
I heard Intercontinental bodyshop is also goodhttp://www.intbodyshop.com

And...it is snowing!!!
Ill vouch for them.... they did a hell of a favor for me when some old fart decided to smash my fender..... Rocky, their shop foreman, is the man!
derek0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #169
jose325i

My Ride: 08 BMW 135i
About how much should I expect to pay to retrofit facelifted sedan brackets onto an m3 rear? Do you think any body shop can handle this kind of task? I am going for the first 95-100% fitment m3 rear on stock sedan fenders...I'm probably going to end up having an OEM bumper with customized brackets, have the body shop cut up the part where it doesn't match up to the fenders and have that part of the bumper reshaped with bondo or something to match with the stock fenders. I'm still not sure if I should go in that direction, or just get an mtech2 with the csl-style diffuser from insideperformance.

IDK...either way it is going to be expensive as hell. I might just go the mtech2 direction if i find an oem mtech2 bumper at a good price to avoid the fitment headaches...but the m3 rear looks much better imo...any suggestions? Also, anyone know of a good junkyard with bmws?
Old 12-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #170
mr.325i

My Ride: E92 335i
Quote:
IDK...either way it is going to be expensive as hell. I might just go the mtech2 direction if i find an oem mtech2 bumper at a good price to avoid the fitment headaches...but the m3 rear looks much better imo...any suggestions? Also, anyone know of a good junkyard with bmws?
hit up Jordan over on Bavspeed he works at a junkyard or something along those lines

Thanks to zikhkd for the sig!

E46 325i-RIP
mr.325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #171
derek0606

My Ride: 01 330CI Orient
I would expect the $200 range for some decent work. Just make some phone calls to the places we mentioned and make your choice after that.

Quote:
About how much should I expect to pay to retrofit facelifted sedan brackets onto an m3 rear? Do you think any body shop can handle this kind of task? I am going for the first 95-100% fitment m3 rear on stock sedan fenders...I'm probably going to end up having an OEM bumper with customized brackets, have the body shop cut up the part where it doesn't match up to the fenders and have that part of the bumper reshaped with bondo or something to match with the stock fenders. I'm still not sure if I should go in that direction, or just get an mtech2 with the csl-style diffuser from insideperformance.

derek0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #172
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

saw my first 7 space vanity plate today...

PUCK-IT

on a saab.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #173
Riverbmr3

chad, really had a problem fitting the bumper, i even went to the body shop but they can fit it right.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #174
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

That's not good. I had some problems and took some drastic measures. Not sure if you want to go that route though.

So you couldn't get the brackets to line up right or what?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #175
Riverbmr3

That's my problem chad, this is how it looks, so how do you fix yours?
Attached Images

Last edited by Riverbmr3; 12-09-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #176
Riverbmr3

sorry not so clear, here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	340934  
Attached Images

Last edited by Riverbmr3; 12-09-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #177
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

Yeah, that is not good. Azlan had the same problem and he was able to fix it, let me get him in here.

Last edited by cd330; 12-09-2009 at 12:49 PM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #178
azzy989

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to azzy989 Send a message via MSN to azzy989
ohhai.......

did you end up getting the white mtech 2 bumper brackets? if you did i believe if you tilt those brackets upwards and then adjust the aluminum bar and move it upwards that should get rid of pretty much all the gap.

also, if you were careless like me lol you might still have bits of the old black brackets left. try and see if you can get the bumper to slide up on whats left of them. that also helps the fitment a lot

this is how mine sits right now after a lot of fiddling at chads place:

Last edited by azzy989; 12-09-2009 at 01:06 PM.
azzy989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #179
Riverbmr3

yes, i have the new white brackets, how would i adjust the aluminum bar?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #180
azzy989

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to azzy989 Send a message via MSN to azzy989
ummm there are 2 reverse torx bolts (e-50's?) you can undo those with vise grips i guess and the whole thing will come off.. then you can adjust it so that it sits higher a little higher up. you only need it to go up maybe 1/2 an inch or so

this is assuming you have the mtech bumper cover off...make the adjustment and then reinstall it to the bar with the expandable rivets

azzy989 is offline   Reply With Quote