E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
lulubboy

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325Ci
Problem with heater blower ?Final Stage Resistor problem?

Hey guys I just noticed that my heater blower still stays on sometimes after I shut of the blower in the car. It would cycle on and off on and off...

A few weeks ago my car wound't start... I am thinking that this issues is draining my battery..... and wasnt a battery/alternator problem. I had those things tested and they were fine.

Do you think this is a final stage resistor problem????

I have a 2002 325ci... it this the right part:64116920365

and how much is this unit costing everybody on this site who have had to buy it?

Also what fuse can i take off to shut off the blower fan before it drains my battery.

Thanks. please help.
lulubboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
AlwayzUnce

My Ride: 128i
Send a message via AIM to AlwayzUnce
cost me like 120... you can do it yourself but im too lazy.. bmw wanted something crazy like 360 bucks... just find a local shop

and oh yea

AlwayzUnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
silverbullet325

My Ride: BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwayzUnce View Post
cost me like 120... you can do it yourself but im too lazy.. bmw wanted something crazy like 360 bucks... just find a local shop

and oh yea

Uh no, the part is 58 bucks plus shipping from pelican parts.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...00&itemquant=1

PS: DIY is easy on this (I did it and I am an idot when it come to cars) scroll down this thread to about the 6 or 7th post. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ht=final+stage

Last edited by silverbullet325; 04-21-2009 at 09:54 AM.
silverbullet325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
coogsyrsv

My Ride: 03 330dsport..
can someone tell me where this part is located on a 2002 330d uk spec right hand drive, as mine is starting to play up a little!!
coogsyrsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
kartele

My Ride: 2000 323ci SOLD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet325 View Post
Uh no, the part is 58 bucks plus shipping from pelican parts.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...00&itemquant=1
is this the right part? That part number is listed as a the resistor for an x3/x5 on tischer's website
Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
coogsyrsv

My Ride: 03 330dsport..
got it ordered monday, arrived today tuesday, fitted tonight, took about 1 hour to do uk spec, under steering wheel, awkward part to get at, i had to bend few strange shapes to locate it, but once it was done, it made a world of difference!!
coogsyrsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
spence249

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Thanks for the link on how to replace the Final Stage Resistor for my 2001 330xi. I just ordered the part from Pelican. Hopefully it's as easy and the post makes it seem. Now I just need to find the time to do it.
spence249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
mackem-shep

My Ride: 320ci
hi lads im new to this. there seem to be a few diferent problems kicking about conserning heaters, well i get heat,also ac works but i only get the minimum blow threw the vents, would this still be the final stage unit or am i right in thinking its only the relay..
thanks in advance
mackem-shep is offline   Reply With Quote