E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
theflry

My Ride: '03 325i
Bavarian Soundwerks REALLY bums me out..

The products are pretty good, but the service has been dreadful! I ordered a d110 subwoofer and they sent me the wrong one, for a coupe, when I have a sedan. I spent so long trying to figure it out and then had to go through the awful exchange process which took about 3 weeks. When I got the new sub, I noticed it was not even new, it had scratches, trunk fibers, and obvious wear on the roof mounting hooks where it had been placed before, a total open box product.

They didn't even include the proper mounting hardware when I attached the old ones in a note saying they were the wrong type. No coupons or anything for the trouble, just a shipping manager who mocked me in emails, and a service phone number they have never answered. If it weren't for Halston's A+ customer service I'd have lost my mind.

Now I'm sure they'll make me pay the return shipping on this 40 lb refurbed product that I paid full price for, can't even imagine what that's gonna be. Coming out of this with nothing but a Dice I'll end up having paid 200 dollars for which is plagued with clicking engine noise.

*and by the way, the BSW sub does supply good clean bass but I should have done my homework and spent less money on something more powerful at high volumes

Last edited by theflry; 04-21-2009 at 07:28 PM.
theflry is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
turbokid

My Ride: 2005 325i
I hope they dont make you pay for shipping , that always the worst I think, if its thier fault they should cover the cost. Could you expand on your description of the sub sound some please?
turbokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
theflry

Yes, I can't imagine how much return shipping would be. Through fedex as they would recommend I'd imagine over a hundred dollars, hopefully there wil be some other way.

The d110 sub worked really great with a lot of songs... songs from the more popular and acclaimed hip hop artists out there who had high quality beats with lots of bass. Everyone who listened to these songs with me thought the sub sounded beautiful. Clean and deep, shaking the seats and mirrors. I listen to a mostly underground stuff though, where there was not enough bass in the songs to get the desired performance from the sub. Raising the volume certainly helped, but this caused rattling/distortion from my stock door speakers. A front stage upgrade and stock amp replacement is the reason I am returning the d110 (along with the very unsettling transaction).

I recommend the product, it was a great learning experience... had never tampered with car audio before and installed it myself without any error. However, I believe a stock speaker replacement is also necessary to enjoy it to its fullest.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Rollo`

My Ride: 330i
wow...I just saw your thread after I finished posting about how great their service is. While they don't seem to answer the phone every time they are all over emails and worked to correct an issue with my order yesterday with blazing speed...

If their product turns out to be half as good as their service so far I am going to be extremely happy with my purchase...
Rollo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
theflry

I never got a phone answered unless I dialed Halston's specific extenstion, that guy's work is perfect. But I am shocked that they gave you a bonus for their mishap when what I went through took 3 weeks and tons of work to figure out how to mount the improper fitment. I wonder if it was because the extra shipping with a 40 lb product that I wasn't compensated as you were. Shucks.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
Rollo`

My Ride: 330i
as I said in my answer to your other reply...I think it just worked out so they could easily compensate me for being a little flexible...but it was above what I expected I must admit...

I would email their shipping email and explain whats going on, just in case they don't understand exactly what your situation is...
Rollo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
325CI2004

My Ride: 09 335I
sorry for your misfortune, but to comment on your results. The sub will only reproduce the quality of the recording. Some songs wont hit hard as others.

For instance, i can play young jeezy - put on , and i feel like my car will fall apart. Then i can play another rap song, different artist, and it will sound clean but wont be loud.

I just dont want you to dump more money into another setup and be dissatisfied with the results. The bsw subs aren't claimed to be bass monsters, just helps add more sound in the lower frequencies. Have you talked to them about the sub you received? They will make it right, was probably just a shipping mishap, nobodies perfect.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
turbokid

My Ride: 2005 325i
yah, I have heard they have had good service, I guess halston has been the one answering all my questions, but most of the sponsors will help you out if you let them know your situation, then again you said you sent the first pair back the first time so you must have talked to some one.....
turbokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Taylor,

I am sorry the subwoofer did not work out for you. That is why we have the 30 day guarantee. Obviously with your frustration on install and then lack of perofrmance for your taste I will be returning this system under the guarantee. We are conversing via emails now so I will take care of it.

Our systems are for more of a sound quality setup. Sometimes they won't have the output that guys are looking for so we can offer the return. Not a problem at all. As said some recording you run into issues as well. My ib108 in the vert hits hard on one song and then you can tell the next was not recorded very well and the bass drops off.

Again. CS is important to me so if something come sup please contact me directly. I try to watch over shipping but sometimes stuff happens and then I try to clean it up

*edit*

Also you won't be paying shipping.

*edit edit*

Taylor you should have your RMA as well as a prepaid FedEx label in your email. If you did not get it please let me know. SPAM sometimes catches our emails with attachments.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth

Last edited by Halston@BSW; 04-22-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
325CI2004

My Ride: 09 335I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
Taylor,

I am sorry the subwoofer did not work out for you. That is why we have the 30 day guarantee. Obviously with your frustration on install and then lack of perofrmance for your taste I will be returning this system under the guarantee. We are conversing via emails now so I will take care of it.

Our systems are for more of a sound quality setup. Sometimes they won't have the output that guys are looking for so we can offer the return. Not a problem at all. As said some recording you run into issues as well. My ib108 in the vert hits hard on one song and then you can tell the next was not recorded very well and the bass drops off.

Again. CS is important to me so if something come sup please contact me directly. I try to watch over shipping but sometimes stuff happens and then I try to clean it up

*edit*

Also you won't be paying shipping.

*edit edit*

Taylor you should have your RMA as well as a prepaid FedEx label in your email. If you did not get it please let me know. SPAM sometimes catches our emails with attachments.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
theflry

Holy moly, I did not expect free return shipping because of my problem.

Thumbs up indeed, Halston is the best dude alive.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #12
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

I do what I can I pride myself in my personal interaction with the customers. I can't do all aspects and I am not in the shipping department so sometimes things happen but I do my best o make them right by the customer.

Glad we got it worked out. I assume you got the email with PDF files?

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Old 04-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
chris98891

My Ride: '01 325i
Send a message via AIM to chris98891
haha i saw this thread and was about to say.....these guys are awesome. insanely helpful and always willing to do what they can. very knowledgeable too.

chris98891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
haha i saw this thread and was about to say.....these guys are awesome. insanely helpful and always willing to do what they can. very knowledgeable too.
It happens. We are still extremely small so sometimes things happen and we fix them. It is how it goes

Old 06-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
thomasstudios

My Ride: Platinum 330Ci
I also recommend building from the ground up. I can't afford BSW products, but If you're like me, who want the clean mean bass and highs, you would fabricate your own system. These products will give you awesome clarity, but you can get just as much by building your own system. These damn cars should come with a better stereo anyway. I expected way better from BMW.

Mods: 19" ST-11's, AC Schnitzer Full Body Kit, Eibach Springs, AC Schnitzer Exhaust, Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, Eclipse Double Din, Tinted LED's.

Last edited by thomasstudios; 06-06-2009 at 08:10 PM.
thomasstudios is offline   Reply With Quote