E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #41
RangerX

My Ride: '03 330i / '04 Z4
Send a message via AIM to RangerX Send a message via MSN to RangerX
^^lol

RangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #42
daddys///m

My Ride: 2008 8P A3 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey 3er View Post
20/20 just did a report called "if only I had a gun" or something like that and these kids were put in a situation in school to pull their guns on the shooter. in the mock shooting the kids said they were afraid of shooting their friends and that they cuoldnt pull it out in time do be effective. check it out maybe that will help for the counter
That was a hit piece. They took kids with minimal training, gave them a firearm that they were not familiar with, dressed them in an extra long shirt, put the weapon in a retention holster (positioned at 1 'o clock by the way), and sat them in the same exact seat every time (center seat, front row) while a trained police officer came in, shot the instructor, and immediately targeted the student subject. It was a flawed "experiment".

Rerun the mock shooting with someone that is trained with their specific weapon (as they would have to be to obtain a CCW), a holster that they are comfortable with, clothing that they would actually wear to facilitate a draw down should it come to that, and how about some random seating while you're at it. I guarantee you will see much different results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Fail.

Citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry firearms. Just hunters and police.

The fact that some guns are legal and some are not blows holes in the ammendment arguement. The government obviously has the right to tell you which guns you can "bear" and which you cannot "bear". It's just a matter of time until the population in the U.S. is educated enough to distinguish the best way forward, which is strict gun control.

We are going to get your guns, eventually.

We? You wouldn't happen to be on obamaforum.com, would you?

Last edited by daddys///m; 04-22-2009 at 09:14 PM.
daddys///m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #43
SIM\\\

My Ride: DINAN '03 330xi
Why not argue about the original intent of the 2nd amendment. It was designed as a means to safeguard civil rights from obstruction by the government as in giving the people the ability to overthrow the government should it overstep its bounds.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #44
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Dead men can't testify in court
I think you mean, "dead men tell no tales"; which is true...

...but their families can (testify in court). (Which reinforces my point).

The line gets blurry when you try to prove you were only shooting to STOP or ELIMINATE the threat when every joint, limb, and orifice has bullets in it, and they had to pick up the remains of an intruder with a spatula and turkey baster. Don't think your case is solid in court .

Now two in the center mass and one in the dome on the other hand...
-Chris
Old 04-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #45
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Well if you want to be literal about it. Read what you want. You know none of us would actually take someone's arms off, unless we shot them with a shotgun from close range......
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #46
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Quote:
Well if you want to be literal about it. Read what you want. You know none of us would actually take someone's arms off, unless we shot them with a shotgun from close range......
Agreed. I'd bet dollars that someone in a high-stress environment couldn't place a shot to de-limb someone with the type of firearm that the majority would defend themselves with (re: handgun).

I was just making my point to inform xkrnxnamjahx that that type of thinking can get you in trouble.

-Chris
Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 AM   #47
Fatal Flash

My Ride: '12 RRS, '12 Evoque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
We are going to get your guns, eventually.
typical quote of an idiot. dumbest thing i've heard on this forum for months. if "we" (your speaking of the government) what kind of resistance do citizens have against the government, militia, and total control? facepalm for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBMW View Post
Sure, many things COULD go wrong, but having to face a criminal unarmed and without a weapon is NOT one of them. As the saying goes: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

By definition, a criminal who obtains a firearm illegally is NOT an "average citizen." An "average citizen", while he or she may have multiple firearms, does not go around using those weapons to victimize others.
the minutes/second thing is a prime example of personal protection.
don't people understand that if someone has the mindset to kill someone with a weapon, they can still go to a gunstore, or go on the street and acquire these weapons? its not hard to get. guncontrol wont do sh!t but endanger your avg. citizens life who want to protect his/herself. i feel like personal gun ownership is a +1 in everyone's book because
1) not only do criminals feel scared/intimidated against robbing/stealing from others
2) they second guess their crimes and might possibly not do it b/c they fear the increased danger for their life
3) you and your family is protected from any idiot that might still want to rob your house

i feel like these things are such common sense..i dont see on what grounds the gun-controlling liberals see all this justified in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It's our RIGHT

/thread

No need to write anymore than that... You'll just be trying to justify your already given right and convince people with a lot of extra words. You don't need flashy examples or situational reasoning... It's our right
we agree for like the 2nd time in a week. i like this.

if our country was established on these grounds, and the 2nd amendment is fundamental to the structure of our country, it should NOT be altered under any circumstances. if its worked for two centuries, its going to work for years to come.

i dont want some moron changing what established our country because of his personal opinion. i was born with these rights, and im keeping them.

---im currently writing 2 papers on gun control for friends of mine. this greatly influenced what im going to address in them once i get the outlines back

Fatal Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 AM   #48
RangerX

My Ride: '03 330i / '04 Z4
Send a message via AIM to RangerX Send a message via MSN to RangerX
Quote:
Shotgun is perfect for home protection IMO. This way you don't have to explain to anyone why you shot them, they broke in and "threatend your life".... One minute they are a theif, the next minute they are red Jello on your wall. Don't have to worry about "swiss" cheesing anyone up and answering questions... plus, shotgun is legal is most states...

RangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #49
JoeVert

My Ride: 135i
There is no possible way to bring up gun rights in a forum without it turning into a 200 page debate lol... I think the only people more stubborn then pro/anti gun advocates are the people arguing over religion in that banner thread
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #50
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVert View Post
There is no possible way to bring up gun rights in a forum without it turning into a 200 page debate lol... I think the only people more stubborn then pro/anti gun advocates are the people arguing over religion in that banner thread
Very true....and I posted enough in the other threads to know as well, lol

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #51
2005_330xi_BMW

My Ride: 330xi
No one besides the police and military should have firearms!! Why don't people understand that???
2005_330xi_BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #52
JTLaz

My Ride: Can now offroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_11_22_08 View Post
No one besides the police and military should have firearms!! Why don't people understand that???
seriously?
JTLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #53
2005_330xi_BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmoney2k27 View Post
seriously?
Yeah?? Seriously, what's the point of having a gun? Most of the time people take it from you and shoot you, or you shoot your wife and stuff.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #54
JTLaz

Quote:
Yeah?? Seriously, what's the point of having a gun? Most of the time people take it from you and shoot you, or you shoot your wife and stuff.
You sir are a moron.

I would love to have someone disarm then shoot me with the gun I USE AND PRACTICE WITH AT THE RANGE ONCE A WEEK.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #55
2005_330xi_BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmoney2k27 View Post
You sir are a moron.

I would love to have someone disarm then shoot me with the gun I USE AND PRACTICE WITH AT THE RANGE ONCE A WEEK.
It happens to police officers... but I'm sure you're more trained than a police officer. You must be Rambo!! or spec ops!! Thank you for being so awesome!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #56
2005_330xi_BMW

On a side note, I'm just playing. I'm soooo sick of hearing gun control arguments - although the coverage is doing nothing but pushing up the value of my collection...

Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #57
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ///M View Post
Again i need to come up with a third argument, and for the Obama lovers i need some counter arguments.
Voted for Obama, and I love going to the range. But hey, I'm sure your paper will at least sound smart!
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #58
JTLaz

Quote:
On a side note, I'm just playing. I'm soooo sick of hearing gun control arguments - although the coverage is doing nothing but pushing up the value of my collection...
you got me
Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #59
asilva

My Ride: 05' X3 3.0
To all the gun control advocates, take this as a primary source comment. Someone (or plural) broke into my moms car last week and it wasn't parked more than 7 feet away from my bedroom window. What about if that person was intent on getting into my home? Am I going to wait for the police to get there after he awakens me or my dogs AFTER he has already entered my home? Or do I do what any right-minded citizen of this nation should do which is protect yourself and your family and take matters of your own life into your own hands?

All you gun haters have probably never been in a situation where a gun is needed and you will continue to think they are useless and our second amendment is pointless until it hits home...God forbid it ever does. I guess you could always call the cops and wait a few minutes for them to show up and hopefully the intruder has left by then right?

Fail, Fail again, Fail Better"
asilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #60
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilva View Post
To all the gun control advocates, take this as a primary source comment. Someone (or plural) broke into my moms car last week and it wasn't parked more than 7 feet away from my bedroom window. What about if that person was intent on getting into my home? Am I going to wait for the police to get there after he awakens me or my dogs AFTER he has already entered my home? Or do I do what any right-minded citizen of this nation should do which is protect yourself and your family and take matters of your own life into your own hands?

All you gun haters have probably never been in a situation where a gun is needed and you will continue to think they are useless and our second amendment is pointless until it hits home...God forbid it ever does. I guess you could always call the cops and wait a few minutes for them to show up and hopefully the intruder has left by then right?
+1, it takes one experience to realize you gotta take your safety/protection into your own hands. My gf was robbed outside of her apartment where she felt safe normally....ever since then my eyes have been opened to training properly, being armed and vigilante.

It's not a matter of gun control, its a matter of self-preservation.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote