E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
WTB: OEM Aux input for cars WITH NAV

Part # 82110149391

0 in stock in US
0 in stock in Germany.

BMW said 2-3 months to get one in stock, which doesn't help with Nav install this weekend....

The guys at Bimmernav seem to have bought up all the stock it seems and are charging $75 for a $30 OEM part. Classic.
http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catal...1845f5dfc0666f

sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
kent330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 262
My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to kent330i
Why not make one on by yourself, see this diy. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=aux+diy

You should able to get all the parts you will need from Fry's or radioshack

James
__________________
kent330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent330i View Post
Why not make one on by yourself, see this diy. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=aux+diy

You should able to get all the parts you will need from Fry's or radioshack

James
the part for the one with Nav is different...
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
kent330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 262
My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to kent330i
I am pretty sure the wiring should be the same "3 wires" ; if you are doing the NAVI retro fit you just need the right pin terminal to fit into the supplied connector that came with the Retro fit harness.
__________________
kent330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent330i View Post
I am pretty sure the wiring should be the same "3 wires" ; if you are doing the NAVI retro fit you just need the right pin terminal to fit into the supplied connector that came with the Retro fit harness.
yeah, im going to be too lazy to do this and just order the $75 adapter if I can't find one... I am tearing apart the entire car this weekend for the OEM Nav retrofit, and the last thing I want to be concerned about is the dumb AUX cable... Have enough on my plate with all this. ha
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
kent330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 262
My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to kent330i
I hear you, going to do mine Navi retrofit as soon as I receive my MK4 drive. Mind share some info on how to route the retrofit cable from the console to the trunk.

Thanks,

James
__________________
kent330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
CJW2OO4
Registered User
 
CJW2OO4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,594
My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
Part # 82110149391

0 in stock in US
0 in stock in Germany.

BMW said 2-3 months to get one in stock, which doesn't help with Nav install this weekend....

The guys at Bimmernav seem to have bought up all the stock it seems and are charging $75 for a $30 OEM part. Classic.
http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catal...1845f5dfc0666f

Looks like someone picked up that oem nav they saw for sale. I wish I had oem nav.
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent330i View Post
I hear you, going to do mine Navi retrofit as soon as I receive my MK4 drive. Mind share some info on how to route the retrofit cable from the console to the trunk.

Thanks,

James
Sure thing... check out the last 3 links on this page:
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/bmw.htm

The 1st is the OEM guide...
The second PDF (30 MB) is home to remove everything
The 3rd PDF (30 MB) is how to route cable etc
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
edco
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Metuchen, NJ
Posts: 850
My Ride: 2004 325cic 2006 X5
Check with Tom at EAS. He says he has them in stock.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:43 AM   #10
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
Looks like someone picked up that oem nav they saw for sale. I wish I had oem nav.
I did.... Bought it from this member here for a great price:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=662242

The stuff was in mint condition and everything is dated 2007 (radio, CD etc)... Going to be the weekend project with the wife's car...
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #11
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
Check with Tom at EAS. He says he has them in stock.
Good call. $39:
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=294

Ordered. F-u bimmernav, charging double list price for an OEM part.
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:36 AM   #12
sammk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 378
My Ride: Bone-stock E92
I was going to say - the Aux adapter meant for the non-Nav radio worked with the Nav radio when I did my retrofit. I was using the Aux PN 82 11 0 149 389 with my standard radio, and simply transferred it to the Nav unit, and everything works like it should. At any rate, the price that you picked yours up for seems very reasonable, so you didn't lose anything.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #13
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk View Post
I was going to say - the Aux adapter meant for the non-Nav radio worked with the Nav radio when I did my retrofit. I was using the Aux PN 82 11 0 149 389 with my standard radio, and simply transferred it to the Nav unit, and everything works like it should. At any rate, the price that you picked yours up for seems very reasonable, so you didn't lose anything.
How did you do that? The connector ends are totally different??
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #14
CJW2OO4
Registered User
 
CJW2OO4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,594
My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
Steve let me know when your doing this nav install. I wouldn't mind just passing tools or lending an extra hand I don't have a ton of experience (installed my avic n1) but I want to see this install.
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
tom @ eas
european auto source
 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,584
My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
Check with Tom at EAS. He says he has them in stock.
There's a nationwide backorder on these - we have the last 30 in stock.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
Steve let me know when your doing this nav install. I wouldn't mind just passing tools or lending an extra hand I don't have a ton of experience (installed my avic n1) but I want to see this install.
This Saturday starting around noon-- at the Bavarian Performance Group shop in Winchester
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
There's a nationwide backorder on these - we have the last 30 in stock.
hence the reason for the nationwide back order... I think you guys bought all the inventory.
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
CJW2OO4
Registered User
 
CJW2OO4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,594
My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
This Saturday starting around noon-- at the Bavarian Performance Group shop in Winchester

O I thought you were going to tackle the install yourself. How much have they quoted you for it?
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #19
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,704
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
O I thought you were going to tackle the install yourself. How much have they quoted you for it?

I'm "assisting." hah... 3-4 hours labor... depends how long it takes... From talking with Addell (addy25) from Lexington, he said it shouldn't take more than 3 hours. 90% of the work is running the wiring harness, the rest is plug and play essentially...
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
sammk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 378
My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
How did you do that? The connector ends are totally different??
Not sure whether you are going the retrofit harness route or the factory installation harness, but BMW's retrofit guide outlines how this is done - a new connector housing needs to be added to connect the Aux cables to the retrofit harness.

sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use