E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
MR27122

My Ride: '04 325xi
BMW Gallery Norwood

Hi All!

I'm new to these forums and adore my very basic '04 325xi. My wife drives an '08 338xi wagon. We have been loyal BMW buyers for the past 10-11 years. She has owned a 99 323i, 02 BMW X5, and 05 530xi. The 3's have been our favorite---yet with a growig family, a bit "tight"---albeit the 05 iteration of i-drive just sucked!!! Anyway, the point of this posting is in regards to BMW GALLERY NORWOOD. To date we have had the pleasure---and will continue to do so--- of buying all of our BMW's from RALLYE BMW in Old Westbury NY. Since this is indeed my first post...I am going to post this, see if it works...and then provide y'all with a post #2 and #3 in regards to NORWOOD....so stay tuned and I am delighted to be a number of this community!!!

Thanks!

David
MR27122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
ShaitanCR
Carbon Fiber Member

My Ride: 2001 / 330i
Send a message via MSN to ShaitanCR
I'm confused...

************! STEPTRONIC ALL THE WAY...
*SPL Car Audio Champion*
Hamann EURO Black Shadowline Grills
Black EURO 330i emblem
Carbon Fiber Hamann Style Eyelids
Carbon Fiber Emblems
Clear Turn Lights and Sidemarkers
ShaitanCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
338xi wagon?!? BMW has a secret wagon they kept from me!!

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
MR27122

BMW Gallery Norwood

No BMW is keeping no "secrets" it is indeed a 328xi!...and my apologies for the confusion. Here is part #1:

So my wife got her X5 nice & crumpled on the pax side in the Prudential center garage & we took it to NORWOOD for repairs. The front pax door & mirror needed to be fixed/replaced. When the X5 was ready for pick-up, my wife arrived w/ a friend late on a Thur eve & everything was "dandy". She drove about 1/4 of a mile off the lot & the right hand mirror housing fell off & cracked, so she returned to NORWOOD, & they had to take our X5 back...unfortunately "no loaners are avail"...forunately her friend drove her home & she rented from Enterprise the following day. About 4 days later, our X5 was "ready" & had passed all the numerous & rigid "quality assurance" checks. So we picked up the car & drove off. About 1 week later my wife started complaining abuot the X5 being too large & we needed to look at other "options" (i.e. 530xi wagon). So we drove over to Herb Chambers, went for a test drive in a 530xi, while the Used Car Manager appraised our X5. upon return from the test-drive. The Used Car Manager had us come out to our X5 immediately. He asked if it had been in a an accident recently and we told him about the side-swipe in the Pru Center. He then asked that I open the driver side door & "knock on it", which I did..next was the rear passenger door on the drivers side...and I "knocked on that" both times a solid sound reverberated back. Next was the rear passenger side door---and again a solid sound---finally front passenger side door---and the knock upon it resulted in a hollow sound that echoed. The Used Car Manager told us to take the X5 back to Norwood ASAP because both the sound deadening and the side air bag had not been placed back inside of the door. To make this long saga short---yes a bunch of excuses were made and rheotoric awnsers to "how did it pass a quality assurance check? A missing side air bag sounds pretty majory???"----NORWOOD felt that "it was a mistake...mistakes happen". My response was "I agree...but how did the car pass two seperate quality assurance checks?"...to which the response was "um-ah-well...these a complex cars". The only request I made, now that the car needed to be laid up for an additional week was that they forgo the deductable payment of $500...which of course they refused...so ultimately when the X5 was finally-finally-finally ready...I gave them the deductable in pennies, which they refused to accept, until I called the police. Ultimately the police told them to accept the payment, especially given the cirucumstances of the repair, or that a stolen vehicle report would be made....so that is part #1...Part #2 will come a little later...and actually involves my 325xi & NORWOOD...so please stay tuned!!! Thanks!

David
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
OCX

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR27122 View Post
The only request I made, now that the car needed to be laid up for an additional week was that they forgo the deductable payment of $500...which of course they refused...so ultimately when the X5 was finally-finally-finally ready...I gave them the deductable in pennies, which they refused to accept, until I called the police. Ultimately the police told them to accept the payment, especially given the cirucumstances of the repair, or that a stolen vehicle report would be made....so that is part #1...Part #2 will come a little later...and actually involves my 325xi & NORWOOD...so please stay tuned!!! Thanks!

David
Haha nice. And that sucks, sorry to hear about the crappy customer service.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
Haha awesome story. I don't like Herb or the Gallery at all. They scam you there so bad, the only good thing about the Gallery is the parts department guy, he actually knows a thing or two. But the gallery kept a record about me coming in every couple of days when I was considering to buy new car. I was just browsing around and so forth. One of the sales people told me that in the computer it says I come in here a lot and that the sales people do not consider me to be a serious potential customer. Well no sh1t i am not a serious potential buyer, they tried pushing every car on me they had including an 06 z4 coupe when I was looking for a 330ci zhp or possibly a 135i. I hate dealers they should be lucky that I came in a couple of times had, they treated me right and tried getting me into the car I want at a fair price then maybe I would have done business.

HOLY CRAP myself for my long a55 post
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
MR27122

BMW Gallery Norwood Part 3

Now for Part # 2!

Last Summer I was driving my 325xi to Cape Cod. My wife was about 1 mile ahead of me. To save y'all the details...I was in the right hand lane doing 65 MPH & a Chysler Minivan obviously didn't see me in his blind spot and changed lanes without a single...which gave me the option of slamming on the brakes or quckly turning onto the breakdown lane..I selected option # 2....unfortunately the gravel, etc in the breakdown lane while I applied full breaking blew my two right side tires as the car fish-tailed...and it was just pure luck I didn't lose total control. It was unlucky that I couldn't stop in time to prevent hitting a speed limit sign that amazingly went right over my car, casuing no damaged (excep the front bumper) until it smashed trough the right passenger window...where the child seat was located, very luckily my son was traveling with my Wife in her 338xi Wagon !!! Well the van drive just drove off...and the nice State Trooper gave me a citation (it took awhile and a fought it, and remarkably I won!!!)...and the car, still under an extended warranty was flat-bedded to the nearest BMW dealer. Unfortunately that dealer was affiliated with NORWOOD BMW and didn't have the repair facilities to fix the car...so it was flat bedded to NORWOOD. The repairs needed were 2 new tires, rims, front bumper (the speed limit sign) and a rear window. The folks at NORWOOD were pretty gracious...gave me a time line, and told me the parts were "on order" and it would take a few weeks. I just askd that they get it done inside of 30 days becuase that is what USAA covers for a replacement rental...the respnse "no worries"! About 16 days into this saga, once the parts had arrived, I was called by a down trodden Repair Shop Manager and informed that they refused to make the repairs, as per the request of RICHARD COLLINS---he is the GM and the dope that was ultimately responsible for the botched X5 "repairs" and "quality assurances". They told me they would be delighted to make the repairs but that the "big man" said "no". I asked why they hadn't told me earlier, and especially beofre they ordered the replacement parts---I got no reposne. So I phoned Rallye BMW in NY where all my BMW's have been purchassed---and they were willing to flat bed the car to their facility and perform the repairs---and cover the cost of the towing from Mass-NY. I am fortunate to have a very very very good relationship with them. Ultimately I decided to have Herb Chambers perform the repair---and I informed BMW NA what was going on....BMW NA covered the cost of the towing, and the 4 day "over run" in my car rental needs (they spoke to Rallye and found out that I was a pretty good customer and a pretty solid person and they didn't want NORWOOD's failures forcing me to considerate an alternate brand to BMW). Herb Chambers did a very nice job repairing the car. The "fun part" came in March, when myself and 2 of my employees went to BMW Gallery Norwood---and I explained that they had been such great employees I wanted to reward them, and both wanted 1 Series Converts. The salesperson was salivating! We worked out a deal where I totally accepted their numbers---no haggling---and the salesperson was "over the moon". I then took out a Corporate Check and gabe them a $2K down payment, with the balance to be paid upon delivery. Delivery day came...and just before we started to work out the paperwork, I asked if I could say hello to the General Manager---Dick came over all smiles, he didn't recgonize me...I shook his hand and said "payback is a *****"---to which he looked at me stangely. I then took out my drivers liscense and he saw my name and tunred red---my last spoken words were, "you can either rip the 2K check up or I will cancel it---don't matter to me...and call SXXXX KXXXX" at Rallye BMW, he will gladly provide you the invoices that these cars were indeed purchassed". So, if you really want to get back at a dealer from dopey if not inept service/assistance---yank their chain hard on the purchase(s) of a new car. BMW GALLERY NORTH should rot, but I feel pretty good!!!

David
Old 05-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
bmwbun
Banned

My Ride: Pre-facelift Coupe
Everybody wants to know if you have any pictures of your wife.

They're just too polite to ask.

bmwbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
gmarta

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Send a message via MSN to gmarta
^ loooooooooooooool
gmarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
I feel dumber for having just read this entire thread.

Last edited by sna77; 05-03-2009 at 03:23 PM.
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
BodyMan

My Ride: 2002 325i
What the hell just happened?
BodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
OCX

My Ride: 323i
that's awesome haha. And now i know never to go to norwood
Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #13
RWMorganJr

My Ride: 325ci
Try Tulley in Nashua NH, they hook it up over there, besides the fact that they use Enterprise loaners instead of new beemers. When did this become commonplace? Don't they want me to drive a new 3 and then get sucked into buying one?
RWMorganJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
j0k3r

My Ride: 2006 ///M3
MR27122, your stories kick ass. wtg

Somewhere, in Mustang Forum Land......

MustangBob: My Mustang is soo koool. V8 yeah
SN95Lover: Mustangs RULE!! GITRDONE!!
CamaroKiller: Hey guys, did you no that the curtain BNW's is called E46s?!?
SN95Lover: Mountain Dew is the beyest soft drink EVAR.
j0k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
shadow 2

My Ride: 07 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
I fell dumber for having just read this entire thread.
Me too. Its painful to read these petty revenge threads.
shadow 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
MR27122

I can certainly understand and appreciate the notion that indeed "revenge" was a motivator. Albeit I would disagree with "petty". After the mirror upon the X5 fell off, I wasn't "upset"---yet felt that a "make good" was certainly due. I had unyielding faith that NORWOOD would put "humpty dumpty" back together. A mirror housing falling off less than a mile out---in reality was no big deal, hey it happens! It was disappointing that it took an additional 5 days to get the correct mirror housing---something to do with them being "primed" and not the incorrect color had been applied to the new-new housing. Anyway, who cares---a car is fully operational without the mirror housing. No doubt it was a bit disappointing to see the X5 in the NORWOOD "shop" with a a bunch of Mazda's also being repaired. YET---it "ain't" petty when you fail to reinstall the side airbag & sound deadening back into the door---that is not only poor quality control---it could have had significant liability ramifications. Had Herb Chambers not pointed it out---the effect could have been the failure of the private sale of the X5 to a family in Rhode Island----even worse, what would have happened had an accident occurred and no airbag deployed because of NORWOOD'S malice. Indeed I certainly was "petty" in paying the deductable in pennies---and also "yanking" the sales person chain in regards to the purchase of 2 new vehicles a few months back. Yet, I was not "petty" in regards to my 325xi repair---I played by the "rules" of BMW NA...the closest BMW Authorized repair center---which happened to be NORWOOD...was it petty of them to order the parts hold the car for 14 days---then refuse me repairs on the basis of their previous failings with the X5?

I will try to get some photos up in a bit. Yet, on a very critical point---everybody on this board are fans of BMW and of a specific model. What is BMW? They are a brand. What is a brand? It is a "promise". BMW is indeed an independent and innovative corp---yet it is unfortunate that a degree of uniformity doesn't exist at the "point of sale" and/or "point of contact" that we, the consumers/enthusiasts who believe the "promise" populate. We all probably possess "horror" stories in regards to specific BMW dealerships---unfortunately they are in essence the "brand managers"---yet it is my belief that a community wherein we collectively elaborate upon which brand managers we have had both favorable and unfavorable experiences at----is really conducive to helping each other out----opposed to complimenting each other on the "rad rims...tricked out....etc" of our respective e46's. I'm new to the board---so my apologies to those who felt this was a "petty" way to start off...I will admit that I was a bit board last eve, and had just come from a a party where I was a bit more than "all the way in the bag"---which is rare, I am a total lightweight. Anyway, lets collectively fight the power when it comes to petty brand managers (i.e BMW Dealers) whom we all depend upon!

David
Old 05-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #17
richkopena

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
The funny thing in all this is that you really believe you "got' them. I'm pretty sure all you did was give them a funny story to retell about the "nut with the pennies".

BTW, are you planning to rewrite "War and Peace"? Your stories are way too long and difficult to follow.
richkopena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #18
carlos916

My Ride: 08 328 / 05 Raven R6
Send a message via AIM to carlos916 Send a message via Yahoo to carlos916
owwww my eyes hurt!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #19
2kwiq

My Ride: 325Ci
wait, so how exactly did you "get them?" you had them sell you 2 cars that you already bought at the other dealer?

i appreciate the motivation to try and stick it to them but i just want to make sure you did stick it to them. otherwise, you still have some work to do.
2kwiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #20
MitchSF

My Ride: 11 M3 DCT
Send a message via Skype™ to MitchSF
If the air bag was missing, wouldn't that have triggered a warning light?
MitchSF is offline   Reply With Quote