E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
330Cme

My Ride: 2003 330CI
Lowering my 330coupe...Any suggestions?

I'm ready to buy some lowering springs for my 330 coupe but i'm a little concerned about needing camber/ castor kits. Anyone know how low i can go with stock parts. also, I used to have a honda i lowered with coil-overs which i will never do again...if somebody could recommend some good springs that would be helpful. Thanks peeps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003_3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	314431  
330Cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
MrMotorwerk
Der Meisterstück

My Ride: '02 330Ci
It all depends on what you are looking for. In general coilovers for a Honda are definitely going to ride differently than coilovers made for a BMW.

Bilstein makes a couple of great coilover kits for the E46 Coupe. The shocks are matched to the springs pretty well, and aren't aggressively stiff but are confident enough for the occasional track day and just a tad firmer than stock for everyday driving.

I have the PSS system and am very happy with it, considering that there really isn't a need to dial the rebound once you have the perfect setup dialed in.

You really should reconsider a nicely matched coilover versus just springs alone.

Bilstein coilover kits: PSS (height adjustable / no rebound adjustment) , PSS9/10 (height adjustable / rebound adjustable) and BTS (height adjustable / electronically controlled rebound)
MrMotorwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
KriTiKaL AspecT

My Ride: 2001 AW 330Ci
I would highly recommend coil overs either KW, Belstein or better. I have KW V2 and its the best investment I made. Its very possible for me to slam my car but I just basically closed the gaps on in the fenders on stock style 68 17". Nothing else but the set was needed. But if you slam then you will need rear LCA's for camber correction and possibly plates on the front. However I think from an engineering perspective much going lower than I am in the front will result in a camber curve that may be undesireabe in a competative application. As for the ride. Its perfect on my street setup, very similar to oem but with no body roll. And when I track I can turn the stiffness up.
KriTiKaL AspecT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
Adportas

My Ride: 2002 330ci
You could go with just spring, although the lowest you can go 1.75 inches(rear) and 1.5 in front. if you have 18's(wheels) the car will sit right on them, i would suggest going with coil overs though. I have Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, the ride is a little ruffer than normal, but not to noticeable.
Adportas is offline   Reply With Quote