E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
KME

My Ride: 01' 325i
Damn...

So, I am wiring my new setup, and I'm putting in my tweeters and...my front right tweeter doesn't work? It might not have been working before (with the stock set up), and I just didn't notice it. I checked my wiring MANY times, they are all wired the exact same way with solid connections and that is the only speaker that won't work. It's gotta be a loose connection or something somewhere doesn't it, I'm 99% sure I have it wired right and if it's a loose connection it's in the BMW wiring and not my wiring. I'm totally stuck, what do I do?

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
packrat555

My Ride: 2001 325i
if you have an ohm meter or a test light you could easily test the wiring, short the wires together at the tweeter and see if you have continuity on the amp side.
packrat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
KME

My Ride: 01' 325i
Weird, this is what I did and what happened...

I rewired it with the mid wiring, thinking maybe the tweeter wiring was faulty, and it still didn't work. I was stumped so I took the OEM tweeter and just used bare wire on each part of my crossovers and checked if I heard any sound. I heard sound out of all signal lines except the outs for the right Tweeter. I thought the crossover was broken, I was ready to ship it back, then I see a switch inside the crossover for DB boost (+3). Figured I'd try it and, yep it works?...

Now I don't know if it is supposed to be like that and if the tweeter is running like it's supposed to or not, in the other crossover I never touched the DB boost and the tweeter works fine. Normal, not normal, should I send the crossover back?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Switch might be bad. Send the crossover back, in case you want to adjust settings in the future