E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
Devious1
Invalid User

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesCUHz View Post
since were posting pics... Ill post pics of me and my brothers collection at our apartment.

lol hai - unfortunately all our ammo would be too annoying just to move for a picture.
silencers?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
LMT
+1

Nice Rifle!

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #23
joem

My Ride: 2007 530xi
Here is my rifle. Im not a big assault rifle guy; I am mainly a bird hunter...but i thought, "what the hell, why not?". CAA grip, TUF 4 railed fore-end, tac light, CAA foregrip, PMags, Roggio Upper, Fayetteville), 6 position stock, Larue iron sight.
light on:

light off:

Last edited by joem; 05-13-2009 at 04:50 PM.
joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #24
joem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesCUHz View Post
since were posting pics... Ill post pics of me and my brothers collection at our apartment.

lol hai - unfortunately all our ammo would be too annoying just to move for a picture.
dear nutcase,

does that AR on the bottom left count as a pistol for CC?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #25
98E36M3

My Ride: eurotags 4 toolbags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious1 View Post
silencers?
lol, california kids

We have communist rules over here.... but then again we have major gang problems.

Also they're not called silencers, this isn't Counter-Strike

they're called suppressors

~*~* Removed - Tim330i *~*~
98E36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #26
NYSEGuy

My Ride: CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98E36M3 View Post
lol, california kids

We have communist rules over here.... but then again we have major gang problems.

I'm surprised you guys can have em over there... I know in Fl, you can run it all through a trust, same thing in Kommiefornia?
NYSEGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #27
98E36M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSEGuy View Post
I'm surprised you guys can have em over there... I know in Fl, you can run it all through a trust, same thing in Kommiefornia?
No, we cannot have them here. There might be some exceptions in certain areas - and of course people with pre-ban stuff might have them.

What pisses me off is the "bullet button" bullsh!t. I really want an AR-15, but I don't want to look like a dolt shoving some tool in the magazine slot to change it.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #28
joem

Quote:
No, we cannot have them here. There might be some exceptions in certain areas - and of course people with pre-ban stuff might have them.

What pisses me off is the "bullet button" bullsh!t. I really want an AR-15, but I don't want to look like a dolt shoving some tool in the magazine slot to change it.
that's crazy. where I grew up in Ohio about every third person has an assault rifle. Those rules are so pointless.

Last edited by joem; 05-13-2009 at 07:27 PM.
joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #29
98E36M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
that crazy. where I grew up in Ohio about every third person has an assault rifle. Those rules are so pointless.
Well, California is a very crazy state due to gang activity - so I can see some point in it. People still have pre-ban weapons here and such, but I don't know much about how it works (i.e. requirements of registry, etc).

Also the houses are very close together here, a shotgun should be more than sufficient since land ownership is typically surrounded by other homes (California kids think they're rich because they have a $200,000 house on a $1,000,000 lot - even though the lot isn't bigger than a parking lot). Nobody wants somebody firing off 5.56/7.62 rounds fully automatically and having them end up in a dozen different homes.

Luckily I only have 1 neighbor next to me and live in a good neighborhood.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #30
Devious1
Invalid User

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
Quote:
lol, california kids

where do you live? sound suppressors.... where can i get one of those?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #31
daddys///m

My Ride: 2008 8P A3 6MT
Quote:
Well, California is a very crazy state due to gang activity - so I can see some point in it. People still have pre-ban weapons here and such, but I don't know much about how it works (i.e. requirements of registry, etc).

Also the houses are very close together here, a shotgun should be more than sufficient since land ownership is typically surrounded by other homes (California kids think they're rich because they have a $200,000 house on a $1,000,000 lot - even though the lot isn't bigger than a parking lot). Nobody wants somebody firing off 5.56/7.62 rounds fully automatically and having them end up in a dozen different homes.

Luckily I only have 1 neighbor next to me and live in a good neighborhood.
Although you are correct in that a 5.56 round is not necessarily the best idea for home defense in a crowded neighborhood, I believe that you have been brainwashed by the anti-gun folks into thinking that all "military type" civilian assault weapons are full auto. I am pretty sure that you cannot even own full auto (pre-ban or not) in CA, which is why NV has such a solid industry in the storage of CA owners class III weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious1 View Post
where do you live? sound suppressors.... where can i get one of those?
As I mentioned above, I am almost positive that you cannot own any class III weapon in CA. However, if you could a simple google search could tell you not only where to get one but the procedures needed to acquire a class III weapon.

Back on subject, congrats on the LMT OP. I've got a buddy that has one and that thing is butter compared to my Stag. Definitely some next level sh1t, right up there with Noveske.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #32
98E36M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddys///m View Post
I believe that you have been brainwashed by the anti-gun folks into thinking that all "military type" civilian assault weapons are full auto.
Um, you can own fully automatic weapons in other states.

I don't know how I've been "brainwashed", but if you think it's illegal to own military-grade fully-automatic weapons (in the states where it's legal) - you're the one who has been brain washed.

I think you're mis-understanding what I'm saying? Maybe I typed something wrong?

Edit: Did you think I thought that all AR-15/M-series rifles are fully auto?

No, I never said that. I said the AR-15 in California is completely dumbed down to the point where you have to remove the magazine with a tool.

EDIT 2: and maybe you mistook me for the fully automatic part. I said it might not be brightest thing to be able to posses fully automatic weapons that fire 5.56/7.62 rounds in profoundly populated suburban areas where homes are so close together - which is why it *might* be illegal in California.

Last edited by 98E36M3; 05-13-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #33
daddys///m

My Ride: 2008 8P A3 6MT
Quote:
Um, you can own fully automatic weapons in other states.

I don't know how I've been "brainwashed", but if you think it's illegal to own military-grade fully-automatic weapons (in the states where it's legal) - you're the one who has been brain washed.

I think you're mis-understanding what I'm saying? Maybe I typed something wrong?

Edit: Did you think I thought that all AR-15/M-series rifles are fully auto?

No, I never said that. I said the AR-15 in California is completely dumbed down to the point where you have to remove the magazine with a tool.

EDIT 2: and maybe you mistook me for the fully automatic part. I said it might not be brightest thing to be able to posses fully automatic weapons that fire 5.56/7.62 rounds in profoundly populated suburban areas where homes are so close together - which is why it *might* be illegal in California.
Simple misunderstanding. I was under the impression per your second edit that you thought all civilian carbines were full auto. I am aware that it is legal (plenty of full auto, surpressed, and SBR in my neck of the woods) to own full auto. Sorry for the mixup, didn't mean anything by it.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #34
98E36M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddys///m View Post
Simple misunderstanding. I was under the impression per your second edit that you thought all civilian carbines were full auto. I am aware that it is legal (plenty of full auto, surpressed, and SBR in my neck of the woods) to own full auto. Sorry for the mixup, didn't mean anything by it.
All good baby :p and yea, I know about Nevada - you're lucky

Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #35
beingdevious
Apple Jews

Location: Drunk onthe Beach.. Official 4ngiefest.com Techie Go to: 4ngiefest.com/donate Needs: to leave the computer Status: ///Pantless
My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via AIM to beingdevious Send a message via Skype™ to beingdevious

On a scale from 0 to 24...wait, 3 to 24, where 6 is the lowest and 12 is the highest, how freaking high re you right now?

She's got you high, and you don't even know yet.
beingdevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #36
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
In before Obama takes them away.
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #37
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Anyone remember back in the day when AR's where around $500? those were the days...
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #38
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLA View Post
Anyone remember back in the day when AR's where around $500? those were the days...
Yeah, just got back from the local shop and $800 AR's are now $1,200+

I almost got one but then I had second thoughts.... Do you guys REALLY think they'll be banned? I feel like it's a Y2K type scare and I'd be the typical douche-bag falling for it and paying a ridiculous price...

input please

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #39
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
Yeah, just got back from the local shop and $800 AR's are now $1,200+

I almost got one but then I had second thoughts.... Do you guys REALLY think they'll be banned? I feel like it's a Y2K type scare and I'd be the typical douche-bag falling for it and paying a ridiculous price...

input please
Yes. Take a look at the voting record of those currently in power. That should be a good indicator of what is to come.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #40
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Yes. Take a look at the voting record of those currently in power. That should be a good indicator of what is to come.
How do you feel this will affect private sales? --I'm a total gun noob but I'm learning

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote