E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #61
Ferm3

My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
2K5 325i what load (2, 2 3/4, 3?) and number (slug, buck, #3,4,6,8 whatever) was your friend shooting in the 12ga?
That sucks that he got sued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
I saw an episode of Macguyver once where a gun saved his life. He used the spring, the cylinder, some powder from the bullets, a piece of wood and a rubber band to fashion a makeshift time-delay diversionary explosive device, escaping from the bad guys and saving the day. So there you go, you never know when a gun might come in handy.

Macguyver rocks.
Did you mean MacGyver?

Last edited by Ferm3; 05-22-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #62
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
2K5 325i what load (2, 2 3/4, 3?) and number (slug, buck, #3,4,6,8 whatever) was your friend shooting in the 12ga?
That sucks that he got sued.

Did you mean MacGyver?
I don't know. He is more of a family acquaintance than a friend... but he is one of the most intelligent men on hunting rifles and shotguns that I know, so I assume between 00, 0, 2, and 2 3/4ths. He wouldn't fvck around with something like birdshot. Although if I remember correctly, I believe the shot was at quite a distance, and the pattern proved nonlethal. This was a long time ago, but he still speaks that he will never make the same mistake again .

Sucks.
-Chris
Old 05-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #63
MotorWerkz

My Ride: very cheap Yugo
Send a message via AIM to MotorWerkz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I hope you are joking, otherwise you have no clue what you are talking about.

If you are drawing, you better be shooting at your target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
see you in 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete330iZHP View Post
You should never pull a gun on someone unless you plan to take their life, period.
Wow .. have you ever shoot someone before? There's a situation where you should be shooting on target and/or warning shot.

I hope you guys are joking. Taking out someone lives is not as easy as watching the celebrity did it in the movie.

In my last experience, the SMG has been brandished, we carried it unconcealed and it's visible from any would-be attacker, but did the Tribal people know what a "Rifle" means? Nope, they were clueless.

You don't anyhow shoot people, that's why I said "SOME OF THE TIME, firing a warning shot is enough to scare them shitless"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5 325i View Post

Spoken like a true target. If you pull out a firearm "to fire a warning shot", you have become- in the BG's mind, as much of a threat as he is- if not larger. You have to know where you are pointing your weapon, how far the target is, what is beyond the target, the caliber bullet you're firing to avoid over-penetration, etc. You can be "firing warning shots" (such a horrible idea) and striking children, houses with families inside, cars, et al- and you're responsible for what happens. If you're going to draw, you better fvcking shoot the target!
Spoken like true cold-blooded murderer. Have you ever shoot someone down before? Have you ever taken out someone lives before? It's not as easy as you thought to be. While everyone in internet could be acting like a real hard-ass, in real-life, things could change.

Warning shot is aimed at the sky. It's not random shooting that might hit someone else :tsk I'm not talking about gang war or in the actual warzone.

Quote:
Read above. Draw without intent to fire, get shot, and then he takes your gun and has X # of more shots to continue his rampage with.
Maybe you didn't read my post carefully, I said "Some of the time". If you recognize the level of threat, why not? The police who assisted me could've taken someone's life but he didn't. Some of the time, warning shot give a clear message to the would-be attacker that we have a real weapon and we are going to use it if you don't back off.

But if let's say the situation where an attacker is also brandishing a gun, then we would have no choice but to shoot to incapacitate the attacker.

Does a bear know that you are holding a rifle? SOME of the time, brandishing a gun is not enough. DOES tribal people in deep jungle know what a rifle is and what it can do?

You need to read my post carefully. Reading is fundamental.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #64
MotorWerkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
if your life is not threatened, you do not pull out a gun
Doh.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #65
andryxa

My Ride: 2002 m3 vert- Sold
wtf. so all you who are saying that "if you draw the weapon you better shoot"

so everytime that a police officer points a gun at a suspect he should shoot?
and i had a security guard at an apartment complex draw a gun on me because he thought i was breaking into a car.
andryxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #66
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorWerkz View Post
Wow .. have you ever shoot someone before? There's a situation where you should be shooting on target and/or warning shot.

I hope you guys are joking. Taking out someone lives is not as easy as watching the celebrity did it in the movie.

In my last experience, the SMG has been brandished, we carried it unconcealed and it's visible from any would-be attacker, but did the Tribal people know what a "Rifle" means? Nope, they were clueless.

You don't anyhow shoot people, that's why I said "SOME OF THE TIME, firing a warning shot is enough to scare them shitless"

Spoken like true cold-blooded murderer. Have you ever shoot someone down before? Have you ever taken out someone lives before? It's not as easy as you thought to be. While everyone in internet could be acting like a real hard-ass, in real-life, things could change.

Warning shot is aimed at the sky. It's not random shooting that might hit someone else :tsk I'm not talking about gang war or in the actual warzone.

Maybe you didn't read my post carefully, I said "Some of the time". If you recognize the level of threat, why not? The police who assisted me could've taken someone's life but he didn't. Some of the time, warning shot give a clear message to the would-be attacker that we have a real weapon and we are going to use it if you don't back off.

But if let's say the situation where an attacker is also brandishing a gun, then we would have no choice but to shoot to incapacitate the attacker.

Does a bear know that you are holding a rifle? SOME of the time, brandishing a gun is not enough. DOES tribal people in deep jungle know what a rifle is and what it can do?

My mistake. I forgot we were talking about tribesman breaking into my house with bows and arrows.

In fact, I have absolutely no idea how to handle that situation.
-Chris
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #67
Back2Basics

My Ride: is an instigator
Quote:
My mistake. I forgot we were talking about tribesman breaking into my house with bows and arrows.

-Chris
If someone breaks into my house with a bow and arrow, I'm runnin, because that's one dysfunctional mother fuxker
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #68
BimmerPhan

My Ride: -
Bet this guy wishes he had better protected his home and owned a gun:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...=mostpop_story

I honestly don't understand how anyone with ANY sense of reality (what dream world do they live in?) can sleep inside their home with no means to protect themselves. Everyone thinks 911 or their ADT alarm system will save them

You won't hear about many self defense stories in the mainstream media, because their agenda is to demonize gun owners and push their anti-gun ideology. A lot of these incidents never get reported to police, a gun is shown or hand is put on gun to draw and whatever was going to happen ceases with no shots fired. Then the thugs move on to easier prey.
BimmerPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #69
MotorWerkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Basics View Post
If someone breaks into my house with a bow and arrow, I'm runnin, because that's one dysfunctional mother fuxker
LOL ..

Bastard....
Old 05-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #70
MotorWerkz

Quote:

-Chris
In Indonesia, private citizen is not allowed to have gun.

Instead, we can hire armed police to guard our home 24/7 and it's not expensive.

I paid 500 USD per month for the security.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:45 AM   #71
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Yup... but from bears not people. haha.

shot gun + slugs =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #72
Pete330iZHP

My Ride: 2010 Nissan 370Z
Quote:

Do as you please my friend, here in South Carolina if you point a gun at someone or fire your warning shot and they want to take you to court you can expect to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

2003 330i ZHP 6MT SOLD!
19" Staggered VMR VB3's - H&R Sport Cup Kit
Alcantara Interior Trim - Hardwired V1 - 15% Tint
Tinted Corners, Sidemarkers, and Tail Lights
Black Kidney Grills - Corner Delete - Clutch Stop
Pete330iZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #73
Pete330iZHP

Quote:
I just caught this. What kind of moron fires a "warning shot" into the air? Why would you fire a gun not knowing what your bullet is going to strike? If you are to fire a shot you should fire it into the ground. I'm not going to say you are because I don't know you, but you really sound like a complete idiot.

2003 330i ZHP 6MT SOLD!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #74
MotorWerkz

Quote:
Do as you please my friend, here in South Carolina if you point a gun at someone or fire your warning shot and they want to take you to court you can expect to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
And is it better to shoot someone and take out his life instead?

different place, different law. taking someone else's life is the last thing on my mind.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #75
MotorWerkz

Quote:
I just caught this. What kind of moron fires a "warning shot" into the air? Why would you fire a gun not knowing what your bullet is going to strike? If you are to fire a shot you should fire it into the ground. I'm not going to say you are because I don't know you, but you really sound like a complete idiot.
wow, maybe you are the real idiot. what if the bullet ricochet and hit innocent people? please think before you post.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #76
Pete330iZHP

Quote:
And is it better to shoot someone and take out his life instead?

different place, different law. taking someone else's life is the last thing on my mind.
So you sound like some hard ass that pulls a weapon on everyone that pisses you off just to scare them off. Like everyone else said on this thread, use it only if your life is threatened. So back to your question, yes if my or my family's life is threatened I do intend to take their life instead of them taking mine, or me facing charges to spare that scumbag's life. And I'm talking about someone approaching me with a weapon with intent to use it, not someone threatening to kick my ass if I don't give him my wallet.

Quote:
wow, maybe you are the real idiot. what if the bullet ricochet and hit innocent people? please think before you post.
Nope, you remain the idiot. Because I never endorsed firing a warning shot. You are the one that wants to scare everyone off

2003 330i ZHP 6MT SOLD!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #77
MotorWerkz

Quote:
So you sound like some hard ass that pulls a weapon on everyone that pisses you off just to scare them off. Like everyone else said on this thread, use it only if your life is threatened. So back to your question, yes if my or my family's life is threatened I do intend to take their life instead of them taking mine, or me facing charges to spare that scumbag's life. And I'm talking about someone approaching me with a weapon with intent to use it, not someone threatening to kick my ass if I don't give him my wallet.
I gave you my experience, and based on my experience, brandishing a weapon is not enough to deter these guys. We don't want to take out clueless attacker's life. They don't know that they would die if they continue their attempt to kill us with their primitive weapon.

Generalization is the one of the worst thing in argument. If I'm a hard ass, I would have endorsed shoot to kill.

Did you read my experience? my life was threatened because some tribal people AIMED their crossbows towards us, they were clueless and they thought we were violating their territory. Instead of taking out someone's life unnecessary, we better scare them off away.

Don't assume every situation must be dealed with the same tactic.

Quote:
Nope, you remain the idiot. Because I never endorsed firing a warning shot. You are the one that wants to scare everyone off
another generalization attempt. I didn't say I want to scare EVERYONE off.

please read carefully again, and I do really hope you never fire into the ground. I can't imagine if the bullet ricochet to one of your friends.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #78
Ferm3

My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerPhan View Post
Bet this guy wishes he had better protected his home and owned a gun:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...=mostpop_story
Thanks for posting...been looking for this article

Quote:
Going to back my fellow South Carolinian on this one.
I mean come on...the first warning is the door being locked etc. Warning shot =
Sure you could load a blank as the first shot..but why? A live round as a warning is dangerous....and if you are in your house where are you going to put the warning shot? Do you live alone? If you draw your weapon you use it. If you want to yell "get out of my house" instead of shoot first fine...but a warning shot is dumb, dangerous, and ridiculous.

(I posted late...aka before reading page two...don't take this as attacking you...)

Last edited by Ferm3; 05-23-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #79
Pete330iZHP

Quote:
I gave you my experience, and based on my experience, brandishing a weapon is not enough to deter these guys. We don't want to take out clueless attacker's life. They don't know that they would die if they continue their attempt to kill us with their primitive weapon.

Generalization is the one of the worst thing in argument. If I'm a hard ass, I would have endorsed shoot to kill.

Did you read my experience? my life was threatened because some tribal people AIMED their crossbows towards us, they were clueless and they thought we were violating their territory. Instead of taking out someone's life unnecessary, we better scare them off away.

Don't assume every situation must be dealed with the same tactic.

another generalization attempt. I didn't say I want to scare EVERYONE off.

please read carefully again, and I do really hope you never fire into the ground. I can't imagine if the bullet ricochet to one of your friends.
That is a very unique situation indeed, but I agree with the way you handled that, but I guess we all tend to relate situations to our individual lives. I have a liquor store in a questionable part of town so I am more likely to have some gang bangers come in here and try to rob me at gunpoint that have some tribal people come in with bows and arrows.

I only fire my weapon at the shooting range into targets in front of a berm.

2003 330i ZHP 6MT SOLD!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #80
Pete330iZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
Going to back my fellow South Carolinian on this one.
I mean come on...the first warning is the door being locked etc. Warning shot =
Haha very true Ron!

2003 330i ZHP 6MT SOLD!