E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #41
98E36M3

My Ride: eurotags 4 toolbags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
Sorry, but this is a very biased view from someone who's whole livelihood depends on drilling for more oil. I feel bad that your company is affected and you may lose income, but it's not possible to get an objective opinion from the owner of a oil drilling company.

I agree with many of your points, just not the doomsday extent it's exaggerated to be.

~*~* Removed - Tim330i *~*~
98E36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #42
4mused

My Ride: HPF Stage 4 M3
Gas went from $2.41 to $2.79 in less than 2 weeks .

4mused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #43
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
When gas went up from under $2/gal to over $4/gal, no one was allowed to even imply it had anything to do with Bush. Now, gas prices jump $.50 and it's Obama's fault. @ the politically frustrated.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #44
LSUKNUT

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
When gas went up from under $2/gal to over $4/gal, no one was allowed to even imply it had anything to do with Bush. Now, gas prices jump $.50 and it's Obama's fault. @ the politically frustrated.
Bush didn't pass a bill that penalized oil companies who drilled in America, Obama and his Congress did in a bill that they never read. @ politically ignorant.

KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
LSUKNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #45
GTUnit

My Ride: short bus
Send a message via AIM to GTUnit
Old 05-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #46
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUKNUT View Post
Bush didn't pass a bill that penalized oil companies who drilled in America, Obama and his Congress did in a bill that they never read. @ politically ignorant.
I know it's your business. I don't blame you for being biased.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #47
LSUKNUT

Quote:
I know it's your business. I don't blame you for being biased.
If you read the original article (Not written by me) you'll see the warning signs of things to come but yeah, I'm just biased. Get back with me at the end of the year while your sitting in line at the gas pumps. You also may want to say a prayer we don't get hit by a major hurricane this year as well.

KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
Old 05-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #48
'busa

Quote:
If you read the original article (Not written by me) you'll see the warning signs of things to come but yeah, I'm just biased.
There's always someone screaming that the sky is falling.

Quote:
Get back with me at the end of the year while your sitting in line at the gas pumps.
If you're right, I'll humbly concede.

Quote:
You also may want to say a prayer we don't get hit by a major hurricane this year as well.
Sorry, I don't pray.

Oh... and your bias is showing:

Quote:
look no further than that fool you chose to lead this country and the Democratic congress this country chose

Last edited by 'busa; 05-23-2009 at 05:47 PM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #49
Acarder

My Ride: 69' M3
Quote:
So in retrospect, the decisions he made were so bad that he didn't even need a bill restricting oil companies to make things worse then they are now?
Acarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #50
Bimmer330cibro

My Ride: AW 330ci And IR M3
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer330cibro Send a message via MSN to Bimmer330cibro
Nothing will happen to the gas prices, until US car companies start getting people's trust and start selling their suvs, trucks and sh!t. And when their business booms, the gas prices may go up.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #51
LSUKNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acarder View Post
So in retrospect, the decisions he made were so bad that he didn't even need a bill restricting oil companies to make things worse then they are now?
Do you not understand the hypocrisy of saying you'll save American jobs, then in the 2nd month of your Presidency you sign a bill that penalizes American companies for drilling in America? I guess 14 million unemployed Americans isn't enough.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #52
NJ///M

My Ride: TACO TRUCK/CBR600F4

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend; Those with loaded guns and those who dig."
NJ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #53
mindofarock

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
LOL WUT. Remember, Bush is a puppet for Dick Cheney who has investment in Halliburton. How easily some forget.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #54
palindrome

My Ride: ...
Honestly, i hear this same **** literally every year. I'm not worried because every year it has not proven true. If you really believe our government would allow the lifeblood of our economy to rise to $10/gallon then you are just foolish. The political backlash alone would be enough to make them take action. Remember, these people want to stay in power. Not going to happen with $10/g oil.

Last edited by Palindrome; December 4, 1986.
palindrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #55
TravsM3

My Ride: 05' 545i, ZSP
Quote:
39% of our oil comes from Canada and that's offshore and the sands.

But you are still missing the main point. We are becoming and before long will be totally dependent on foreign oil. Do you have any idea what so ever how many millions of American jobs are on the line with that one move?
18 months ago, no one was worried about it. Now s.hits hitting the fan and it's a problem. Maybe they can give you some bench time and pay your salary for a few years off the billions they made each quarter?
Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #56
Dcha

My Ride: Mkodama's sister
Send a message via AIM to Dcha
Don't worry everybody. I have it under control.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #57
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
Don't worry everybody. I have it under control.
your sig makes me feel better
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #58
imolazhp_ci

My Ride: metro.
if i gave a **** about wildlife i wouldn't have a leather wallet and my biggest concern is keeping my leather wallet as stuffed as possible. **** animals and brush that grows under tundra 12 weeks a year. start drilling.
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #59
1/2past3CI

My Ride: 2002 M3
If gas hit 10$/gallon, its game over. The economy will cease to exist, and we will be living in the middle ages. Im not saying it couldn't go up, I fully expect it to. But I will tell you this, I will never buy a gallon of gas for 10$ with the intention of using it in my car.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #60
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Source of the article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2past3CI View Post
If gas hit 10$/gallon, its game over. The economy will cease to exist, and we will be living in the middle ages. Im not saying it couldn't go up, I fully expect it to. But I will tell you this, I will never buy a gallon of gas for 10$ with the intention of using it in my car.
Europeans have been doing it for years, you would have to adjust your lifestyle a little bit, there are worse things that could happen.

Last edited by Allure; 05-23-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote